Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep abortion out of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

28064212 wrote: »
    Btw, doing nothing but posting link after link (from openly biased sites no less) with no input of your own is not a debate. If you have a point to make, make it

Who made you the moderator of this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭28064212

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    Who made you the moderator of this thread?
    What exactly in my post led you to believe I was acting in a moderator's capacity?

When you answer that, perhaps you could get around to answering the points about twins and division?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

28064212 wrote: »
    What exactly in my post led you to believe I was acting in a moderator's capacity?

When you answer that, perhaps you could get around to answering the points about twins and division?

Or the question of his solution to unwanted pregnancies.

Identical Twins

With identical twins, one egg (zygote) from the mother is fertilized by one sperm from the father, and then very early in development the embryo splits and two fetuses grow. Spontaneous division of the zygote into two embryos is not considered to be a hereditary trait, but rather a spontaneous or random event.

If the zygote splits very early (in the first 2 days after fertilization) they may develop separate placentas (chorion) and separate sacs (amnion). These are called dichorionic, diamniotic (or 'di/di') twins. While all fraternal twins are 'di/di', this occurs 20 - 30% of the time in identical twins.

Most of the time in identical twins the zygote will split after 2 days, resulting in a shared placenta, but two separate sacs. These are called monochorionic, diamniotic ('mono/di') twins.These twins are very similar genetically, and share a single afterbirth.

Very occasionally, twins will also share the same sac (fluid cavity). In about 1% of identical twins the splitting occurs late enough to result in both a shared placenta and a shared sac. These are called monochorionic, monoamniotic ('mono/mono') twins.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Identical Twins

With identical twins, one egg (zygote) from the mother is fertilized by one sperm from the father, and then very early in development the embryo splits and two fetuses grow. Spontaneous division of the zygote into two embryos is not considered to be a hereditary trait, but rather a spontaneous or random event.

If the zygote splits very early (in the first 2 days after fertilization) they may develop separate placentas (chorion) and separate sacs (amnion). These are called dichorionic, diamniotic (or 'di/di') twins. While all fraternal twins are 'di/di', this occurs 20 - 30% of the time in identical twins.

Most of the time in identical twins the zygote will split after 2 days, resulting in a shared placenta, but two separate sacs. These are called monochorionic, diamniotic ('mono/di') twins.These twins are very similar genetically, and share a single afterbirth.

Very occasionally, twins will also share the same sac (fluid cavity). In about 1% of identical twins the splitting occurs late enough to result in both a shared placenta and a shared sac. These are called monochorionic, monoamniotic ('mono/mono') twins.

word of advice, read then post ;)

from the text you posted:
    Most of the time in identical twins the zygote will split after 2 days,

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Festus

I'm pretty sure most vets would do it, shame you didn't mind your 'prize' dog a bit better and she wouldn't have got knocked up, guess these things happen, eh? What's important is you can undo it because you don't want the pups.

Same can be said for most of the prize bitches, pedigrees and mongrels, who wind up pregnant. But what I can't do is undo it. It's already happened. All we can do is have the pups slaughtered.

I'm sure a good home could take them but there's enough dogs in the world. Anyway, most go to kids who don't know what to do with them after the whim has worn off and wind up being chucked in a river in a bag of rocks or put down by the vets.

Tried my local vet and he refused. Said it was inhuman and we should let her have them them sell them on. Funny thing is, he has a pro-choice bumper sticker on his SUV. So I told him if she has them I'll fatten them up then sell them to a Korean restrauant. No point letting them go to waste. Not as tasty as whale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

doctoremma wrote: »
    Lovely picture - is it real?

Now, imagine looking at the same picture but take away the top of the baby's head. All that skull cavity filled with developing brain, all missing. The baby's head stops from the eyes upwards. The baby has very little, if any, brain activity and virtually no hope of survival beyond birth, if indeed the baby makes it to term.

Imagine that? It's called 'anencephaly' - google it if you want pics, I've got too much class to post them here.

What would YOU do? And do you think it fair to make everyone else do the same?

You probably weren't asking me but I'll tell you anyway. I'd insert a fine curette into the womb and after separating the head from the torso, proceed to cut up the anencephalic infant into smaller pieces which can then be removed more easily than the one big whole body.
    And of course I think it's fair to make everyone else do the same.

Follow the link to see pics of anencephalic infants lucky enough to be allowed to be born intact.
    http://www.anencephalie-info.org/e/pictures.php

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oh well , okay

My wife and I had a baby with anencephaly 18 months ago , she lived for 98 mins before dying in my arms . I find it deplorable that both sides of this argument are using our babies condition to score points off one another in such a callous manner .
    Follow the link to see pics of anencephalic infants lucky enough to be allowed to be born intact.

Georgyporgy , none of the babies in the link you provided were born intact , you should be ashamed of yourself .

For what it's worth we never considered abortion , it wasn't really an option for us as my wife was carrying twins , IVF twins as it happens . However I would never presume to know what's right for someone else and so would hold a pro-choice position . Reading through the christian viewpoints in this forum only reinforces this view .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My wife and I had a baby with anencephaly 18 months ago , she lived for 98 mins before dying in my arms . I find it deplorable that both sides of this argument are using our babies condition to score points off one another in such a callous manner .

Georgyporgy , none of the babies in the link you provided were born intact , you should be ashamed of yourself .

For what it's worth we never considered abortion , it wasn't really an option for us as my wife was carrying twins , IVF twins as it happens . However I would never presume to know what's right for someone else and so would hold a pro-choice position . Reading through the christian viewpoints in this forum only reinforces this view .

I'm sorry for your loss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭doctoremma

I'm so sorry to hear this. I want to assure you that I was not trying to point score in a callous fashion. I work in genetic research and am fully aware, as are you, that medical reality can be utterly devastating. It's easy to idealise what people should do in a situation but reality doesn't always make that a viable option.

Once again, I'm sorry you've been through this.
    For what it's worth we never considered abortion , it wasn't really an option for us as my wife was carrying twins , IVF twins as it happens . However I would never presume to know what's right for someone else and so would hold a pro-choice position . Reading through the christian viewpoints in this forum only reinforces this view.

I can only say that the feeling is reciprocated. I would never presume to know what the right decision is for someone facing what you faced. What I would is irrelevant to your choice.

• Advertisement

And of course I think it's fair to make everyone else do the same.
    Really? You'd force everyone else in the same situation to have an abortion? And people have the temerity to call pro-choicers "eugenicists"?

Brer Fox wrote: »
    Yes.

Explain that a bit more, what kind of legal sanctions do you think there should be? A fine, a jail sentence?

Festus wrote: »
    Same can be said for most of the prize bitches, pedigrees and mongrels, who wind up pregnant. But what I can't do is undo it. It's already happened. All we can do is have the pups slaughtered.

Bitches can be given a "morning after" injection which would have prevented the unwanted pregnancy. Alternatively, it's perfectly possible to spay a bitch while pregnant, which would also solve your problem.

In both cases, timely intervention is key. So had you been fully educated of your options, had the appropriate information been freely and widely available, had the drugs been offered, you might not have found yourself in your current predicament.
    Festus wrote: »
    So I told him if she has them I'll fatten them up then sell them to a Korean restrauant. No point letting them go to waste. Not as tasty as whale though.

I think you might underestimate the pro-choicers here (well, definitely one of them), if you think that's where your "in" is.

Many deaths from abortion weeks or months after the event are not recorded as post-abortion death. While pro-abortion camp claim its safe, its worth noting the that women are 4 times more likely to die from an abortion than from Childbirth.

The Risk of death from suicide within the year of an abortion was more than seven times higher than the risk of suicide within a year of childbirth

http://afterabortion.org/2000/abortion-four-times-deadlier-than-childbirth/

Many deaths from abortion weeks or months after the event are not recorded as post-abortion death. While pro-abortion camp claim its safe, its worth noting the that women are 4 times more likely to die from an abortion than from Childbirth.

The Risk of death from suicide within the year of an abortion was more than seven times higher than the risk of suicide within a year of childbirth

This is a pro-life site so you need to look at it in context. I'd be interested to see stats on how those women died, I doubt the actual abortion was what killed them.

Finland, where the study was done, is a country with one of the worst rates of domestic violence in Europe for example and in countries with legal abortion there is a link between DV and abortion rates. It also has a massive alcohol problem and suicide rates have historically always been high in comparison to other countries.

Often women having abortions are coming from difficult backgrounds anyway, there is no way of knowing if they take their own lives because of the abortion or because of other factors.

I would love to see some real research done on this from an Irish point of view but given the secrecy around the issue and the lack of women willing to come forward and tell their stories we will never know.

eviltwin wrote: »
    This is a pro-life site so you need to look at it in context. I'd be interested to see stats on how those women died, I doubt the actual abortion was what killed them.

Finland, where the study was done, is a country with one of the worst rates of domestic violence in Europe for example and in countries with legal abortion there is a link between DV and abortion rates. It also has a massive alcohol problem and suicide rates have historically always been high in comparison to other countries.

Often women having abortions are coming from difficult backgrounds anyway, there is no way of knowing if they take their own lives because of the abortion or because of other factors.

I would love to see some real research done on this from an Irish point of view but given the secrecy around the issue and the lack of women willing to come forward and tell their stories we will never know.

As I quoted some pages back there is some real research done. Infact it was the largest documented research about Post abortion Syndrome.

Of course an unplanned pregnancy can cause distress.. Money, Housing, timing, Boyfriend support.. Job. Change of lifestyle. But killing the Child is not a solution that remedies the problem and often just adds to the baggage.

Pro-abortion groups try to deny the basic human reality of pregnancy, a pregnant women is pregnant with a Child. Will fully killing it has its consequences on a woman's mental and physical health.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Snappy Smurf

Was anyone here at the Rally for Life in Belfast today?

Anyone got any pictures or videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

Was anyone here at the Rally for Life in Belfast today?

Anyone got any pictures or videos?

Yes, Michael Quinn that chap the leads the white nationalist group "Democratic right movement" was there.

QMJm6.jpg

If you can't recall he was in the papers a while back talking about how great Anders Breivik was.

He has been a member and supporter of Youth Defence for many years.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/youth-defence-unrepentant-as-eight-convicted-411765.html

The man is a publicity liability for anything he touches, so he must be important enough to youth defence to keep around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Once again, you (and the self-confessed biased website you use as a "source") completely fail to actually understand what a scientific paper is actually saying. The authors of the paper are very explicit about what their findings actually mean: "It is unlikely that induced abortion itself causes death due to injury; instead, it is more likely that induced abortions and deaths due to injury share common risk factors. Our register-based data were incomprehensive on these kind of variables"
    As I quoted some pages back there is some real research done. Infact it was the largest documented research about Post abortion Syndrome.
    You mean the paper that has been completely discredited? The one which has an incredible amount of holes in it and is dismissed by the AOMRC, APA and RCOG? That research? With the flaws in it that you totally failed to respond to in any meaningful way?
    Pro-abortion groups try to deny the basic human reality of pregnancy, a pregnant women is pregnant with a Child. Will fully killing it has its consequences on a woman's mental and physical health.
    Pissing into the wind here, but... source?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Of course an unplanned pregnancy can cause distress.. Money, Housing, timing, Boyfriend support.. Job. Change of lifestyle. But killing the Child is not a solution that remedies the problem and often just adds to the baggage.

Was your data based on Pass in Irish women? I haven't seen a proper analysis of how abortion impacts on Irish women anywhere, I think it would be nearly impossible given the secrecy of the subject. Obviously groups dealing with the aftermath of abortion here only see women struggling so its going to be hard to get a real picture.

I am not saying its not something that happens, it does happen and I have detailed my own experiences with it, what I am saying is that no woman who has an abortion lives in a vacuum and you can never say for sure what leads a person to take their own life....it could be guilt yes but it could be many things and many women who have abortions are coming from places where they face challenges in life.

Besides its not a forgone conclusion, as with any issue that can lead to suicide if the person gets the right help and support they can come out the other side.

Do you think if we had really open and widespread support, if women who came home had somewhere to go or were able to talk openly about it we would have those kinds of problems? I doubt it. We are years behind other countries in terms of the support that exists. You could compare it to the plight of gay people a generation ago who lived their lives in secret and often suffered mental distress as a result.

Until more women and men talk about it nothing will change. But the attitudes on this thread just reinforce the idea that a woman who has had an abortion will be treated like she is scum if she admits it.

And to be totally honest I think its a bit rich to pretend you care about the mental wellbeing of women, some of the comments on this thread have been very personal and aggressive and would damage a vulnerable person further.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    Was your data based on Pass in Irish women? I haven't seen a proper analysis of how abortion impacts on Irish women anywhere, I think it would be nearly impossible given the secrecy of the subject. Obviously groups dealing with the aftermath of abortion here only see women struggling so its going to be hard to get a real picture.

The centre I know off the offers counselling deals with about 300 women a year. And this is just one centre run by a Catholic Organisation. There are many other groups and non-religious organisations that offer counselling. Yes its hard to get data. One of the key aspects of the counselling is that its private. The Centre does not participate in research.

But if they are dealing with 300 women of the aprox 4000 that abort per year then we are taking about 8% ? then we have to consider all the other groups and centres that offer help.

Yes women have underlining issues before abortion. But what a lot of women have said is that when the fly over to say Manchester and they are going to have the abortion many would like to have had more time to consider.. However given that they have flights booked... they often time are pressured into a decision they really did not want to take. Some are there with they parents.. who are making the decision for them practically.

One women who I know told me that once her new boyfriend found out about her abortion he left her. Or another case I heard the guy left when the Girl would not have an abortion.... which she did have later.. But then the prick left her and she regretted the abortion.

I have only anecdotal details of some women I know who have befriended women who have suffered depression after abortion. The centre that I know does not discuss details. They only told me the number of women the counsel per year, usually 1-2 a day.

Yes there are women who go to UK, have the abortion, come home and get on with their lives. Suffer no effects.

But given the numbers who look for help it would suggest at the very least 25% of the women are looking for help. But the reality is we don't know the total figure.

As regards to women who take their own life in Ireland. (most of them Single/Separated) Once they are dead its nearly impossible to determine if they had an abortion or not.

In Ireland the only groups that actively look to collect statistics on PASS are usually pro-life groups. if they publish that data then its considered as biased.

If you look to collect data from the UK on abortion you simply won't get it from the providers of abortion. You can only work with people who come looking for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Snappy Smurf

Yes, Michael Quinn that chap the leads the white nationalist group "Democratic right movement" was there.

QMJm6.jpg

If you can't recall he was in the papers a while back talking about how great Anders Breivik was.

He has been a member and supporter of Youth Defence for many years.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/youth-defence-unrepentant-as-eight-convicted-411765.html

The man is a publicity liability for anything he touches, so he must be important enough to youth defence to keep around.
    Oh yes, because you were there and you saw him. Your post is just propaganda. You weren't at the rally, where you, so you don't have the first idea of who was there, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭totus tuus

54167110150949845748233.jpg

Oh yes, because you were there and you saw him. Your post is just propaganda. You weren't at the rally, where you, so you don't have the first idea of who was there, do you?

Cool story bro. Youth Defence can't handle it either. Just pretend it never happened.

and try to be consistent:

prolifebeliefchart.gif

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2012/0704/1224319333084.html
    Surely any negative consequences for women should be a matter of concern for all, even if recognising those negative effects undermines support for legalised abortion? Recently a 13-year epidemiological study was published in the European Journal of Public Health. It looked at data between 1987 and 2000 on all deaths among women of reproductive age, and included all women in Finland.

The research found that the suicide rate among women who had abortions was six times higher than that of women who had given birth, and double that of women who had miscarriages.

NIAMH NÍ BHRIAIN might be biased.

Another article mentioning the same study says 87% of women with crisis pregnancies who opted for abortion retrospectively assessed this as the 'right outcome'. this of course would be biased the opposite way.

Sorry, this is the sutdy everyone is talking about on both sides of the fence. Seems to be gone http://www.crisispregnancy.ie/pub/ICCP%202.pdf

I doubt the veracity of those figures. I am involved in a post abortion support group and the Crisis Pregnancy Agency now gives our details to women and men coming in for post abortion counselling. Myself and the other members also promote it heavily and yet we still have only 5 - 7 regular members. I think she is overstating it slightly.

In January 2012, my period was 2 weeks late, and I was noticing lots of changes going on with my body so I went to the store, and I took not one but 5 pregnancy tests. Every single one was positive. When I first got the result I was terrified but excited for my baby at the same time. The next night I told the baby's dad and he was in shock, but after he got over the initial fear he was excited too. We started making plans for the baby and applied for health insurance, but I was keeping this big secret from my parents. I'm a college student at a big university and my parents help to pay for my tuition and my housing bills, so I knew I was going to have to tell them about my pregnancy. In March, when I was 11 weeks pregnant, I texted my mom and told her, "I'm pregnant and I want to make the best of this situation." My mom called me and told me she would support any decision I wanted to make, but she said "please consider abortion." I told my mom every day that I didn't want an abortion, I wanted to raise my child, but every time I told my mom she got more and more angry at me.

I soon learned that I wasn't going to have any say in what happened to my baby.

When I was 12 weeks pregnant, my mom called Planned Parenthood to schedule an abortion for me. My mom and dad both told me I was too young, too poor, and too immature to raise a baby. They said that I would have to quit school and they said that my boyfriend was going to ditch me, and I would be a single mom even though he promised to stay with me.

On the day of my scheduled abortion appointment, I called my mom before going to the clinic and I begged her to support me and let me keep the baby but she refused. I felt emotionally drained and broken and I know I should have stood up for my beliefs and for my baby, but I didn't. When I walked into the procedure room I touched my belly one last time and apologized to my little baby.

I will never forget that day in March. I was 13 weeks pregnant and was considered a "late term abortion." That day was the worst day of my life. I miss my little angel every day, and right now I would have been 27 weeks pregnant, and I wish I was. But I know I can't take back what I did, I just pray that one day I will find peace and that my little angel will forgive me.

My boyfriend is still with me and we talk about our baby often; we cry together frequently, and we miss our child everyday. This whole experience has encouraged us to choose to become Pro-Life, and I hope that by sharing my story I can encourage other girls to stand up for their rights and not let their parents or anyone else force them into an abortion.

Date: June 29, 2012

Dear Baby, Just thinking of you brings tears to my eyes. First, I want to say how sorry I am. I'm so sorry I wasn't stronger for you. I'm so sorry I didn't fight harder for you. I'm so, so sorry I let the man who was supposed to be your father convince me not to have you. I'm sorry I ever told him about you. It was the end of March this past year. I was 19 years old, in college and in an on-again-off-again, four year relationship with the only guy I'd ever had sex with. We had a lot of passion and love for each other, but he had a temper that he had trouble controlling. I got off birth control because I thought I was completely done being with him, but old habits die hard and I wanted so badly to make things work, so one night we made love, and we made you. I spent the next week on spring break with all my sorority sisters. After I got back I felt exhausted, but I assumed it was from barely sleeping and going out with the girls for a week straight. Then one night at home lying in bed something felt different. The next day at lunch I finished a bite of food and felt sick swallowing. My heart skipped a beat as a thought lingered in my mind, you. I don't know how, but I felt you already. I wasn't even late for my period but I went and bought two tests. I waited a few days to take them. The first one took no time at all: little blue plus sign. The second one showed up even brighter. I sunk to my bathroom floor, shaking. This isn't how I wanted to become a mother. I had hoped and prayed since I could remember for God to bless me with motherhood, someday. But things were not right. Your Daddy and I weren't speaking because a few days before he had lost his temper again. I didn't know what to do, so I prayed. Please God, don't let this be happening. Please. Not yet. Against my better judgement I called your Daddy. He came over and comforted me as best he could; he knew I didn't believe in abortion, but he gently told me that he thought it was the best thing. I told him that I would consider it, I'm sorry for that too. I'm sorry that I wanted to please him and that I had a brief moment where I wanted to not have you. It would be the last time I felt that way, because for the next two weeks all I felt was wanting, longing for you. I went to see a doctor to confirm I was pregnant at the health clinic on my college campus. A nurse there told me that I should give you up for adoption, she asked if I was a christian, and told me to think about what God would think of all of this. She judged me, and to this day the thought of that woman's eyes on my face still makes me cry. Your father eventually put more pressure on me, we went back and fourth for over two hours. I told him that I could do it, raise you, love you. He told me it would be too hard, he got angry. He told me I was being selfish. He threw things. He screamed at me. He threatened me. He held me against the wall by my throat. But I screamed back, I told him that I would tell people you weren't his, that he didn't have to be in your life, I told him I could do it by myself. I left his house crying, sobbing, and holding my tummy, cradling you as best I could, saying over and over how sorry I was for how he acted. Trying to protect you from life already. That was when it hit me, I couldn't have you come into this world, not like that. Not with a father who didn't want you, or would hurt you, or hurt me and have you around to witness it. No, baby. That was not the life I wanted for you. That was the life I had grown up with, and though my mother chose to have me, my life was surrounded with heartache because of my father who never wanted me, and how he punished my mother every chance he had for keeping me. I never grew up witnessing a loving relationship, I never felt that I truly had a father figure, and I felt unwanted by him, that I was a burden. I cried and cried and held my hand over where I knew you were growing inside me and I apologized, just as I am now. I asked God to help me make peace with my decision, and I went a few towns over where the nearest clinic was. I was only five weeks, six days. The woman who did my ultrasound must have thought I was crazy when I asked to keep the pictures of you, but I didn't care. I love you so much, and I didn't want to just forget about you. I could never just forget about you. I didn't want the (medical) procedure, though it was the easier way recovery wise; they sent me home with pills and after hours and hours of crying and bleeding, there you were. I held what little bit of you I had, and I hated myself for what I had done. I wrapped you in tissue paper and let you go. I think about you constantly. I cry every day. And I pray, baby. I pray that you and God forgive me. I don't think I will ever forgive myself. I would have been 18 weeks today, far enough along to know if you were a boy or girl, far enough to feel you moving inside me. Now I am empty. I feel empty. I feel regret. But most of all, I feel so sorry that the only comfort I could ever offer you as your mother was through my hand pressed against my stomach and cradling you after I aborted you. I wish so badly that I could have held you, and kissed you, and spoiled you. But I will always love you, baby. Always and forever. Please know that. Please know that as your mommy I did what I felt was best at that time, I did what I thought would protect you the most. I read on another one of these sites where a woman prayed for her baby to come back later, I'm not sure how that works, or Gods plan- but if you could come back, someday, when I am with a man who truly loves me, and doesn't hurt me, and who will love you just as much as I do- please baby, come back to Mama. I will continue to pray for you everyday, and continue to love you. Always and forever.

Date: June 25, 2012

• Advertisement

I aborted my baby in May of 2011. It was the worst choice I ever made. I was in a terrible relationship, and I should have just got up and got on a bus and left. But I didn't. There was a last minute angel who gave me a way out, but I didn't take it. I could have moved to the country and gone to school and had my own apartment, but I didn't. So I killed you, and ever since then I have regretted what I did. The love that was inside me for you was so different than anything I'd experienced. Now I look at abortion websites all of the time and baby clothes and imagine the life I wish I had been able to give to you. Every day is empty. To anyone out there considering abortion, DON'T DO IT. You will feel so bad that you will have nothing to compare it to. And if you look on the websites about children's development you will find out that your fetus was really a tiny baby. And that is what the baby will look like. They cannot perform the abortion until you are at least seven weeks along. So it will look like a baby by then. Don't be like me.

Date: June 21, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement