Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bettystown runner

thanks for the reply i will follow your instructions when i get home and let you know the outcome
    thanks again
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bettystown runner

thanks that worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hiya guys.

Did any of you know that you can get a RTE Player trial on Saorview. I found it out on this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84002331#post84002331

The apparent button combo on your remote control is either:

1. green, red, green.
    2. red, green, red.

You may try it at home and see if it works on the TSC114.

I got the box installed in November and it works great. I got it done by an installer from Rathmines. He did the job for only a hour. His work colleague is from my estate which was a nice surprise as well. The work costed me just over €450, which wasn't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

He did the job for only a hour. His work colleague is from my estate which was a nice surprise as well. The work costed me just over €450, which wasn't bad.

Wasn't bad from the installer's POV either, I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TwoRoads

Hiya guys.

Did any of you know that you can get a RTE Player trial on Saorview. I found it out on this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84002331#post84002331

The apparent button combo on your remote control is either:

1. green, red, green.
    2. red, green, red.

You may try it at home and see if it works on the TSC114.

I got the box installed in November and it works great. I got it done by an installer from Rathmines. He did the job for only a hour. His work colleague is from my estate which was a nice surprise as well. The work costed me just over €450, which wasn't bad.

Thanks for the nugget.. look forward to trying it when i get home

• Advertisement

I found something of great interest while seeing the Cinemoi Movies channel slot last night. I was flicking through the movie channels at around 9:30pm. This graphic came up on the screen like the image below.

btsport1.jpg

It is a new channel called BT Sport. It is to be launched later in the summer.

You might find it yourselves if you have the channel on that box. I don't know if that is a permanent channel on the Triax. It would be great news if it is the case.

For more details; go to BTSport.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

BT Sport is a pay channel, available from Sky. See this thread.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    BT Sport is a pay channel, available from Sky. See this thread.

You are assuming then; it is to be used only as a test channel for the Triax.

I'm not assuming anything. The TSC114 is a free-to-air only receiver & won't be able to access BT Sports or any other non-FTA service.

CineMoi wasn't free either. You should have set the receiver to only search for free channels when it was originally set up.

I'm not assuming anything. The TSC114 is a free-to-air only receiver & won't be able to access BT Sports or any other non-FTA service.

CineMoi wasn't free either. You should have set the receiver to only search for free channels when it was originally set up.

Just to give you this little story Peter.

My channel list was only updated about a month ago they were mixed up after one re-scan and vandals supposedly hitting the LNB from my dish. The channels that were affected were all from ITV1.

When I re-scanned it once; they had no region applied to them at all. If I was flicking through them at any given time, they just say "ITV". Nothing else.

I had just recieved the BT Sport channel unexpectedly without any notion going in me. I thought it would have been a great boost to the sports content If I had it for nothing.

Anyway. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It is currently being broadcast in the clear actually, presumably for test purposes only ...

http://en.kingofsat.net/detail-btsport1.php

Alun wrote: »
    It is currently being broadcast in the clear actually . . .

Well yeah, I'd kind of figured that out from dublinman's screenshot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 peters65

Having just completed the firmware upgrade I was hoping it would resolve a problem I have. But no joy so hoping someone has a suggestion. When I add channels to the favourites list only those on the terestrial aerial can be accessed. If I try to select something from the sat like sky news I get an "invalid input" response from the box. I can manually track to the channel number to view it but this is a pain. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is it necessary to do a full retune when you want to add channels??

i deleted half of them already but theres one or two i'd like to add...so is there any way of doing a selective retune of the channels you want??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

fryup wrote: »
    is it necessary to do a full retune when you want to add channels??

i deleted half of them already but theres one or two i'd like to add...so is there any way of doing a selective retune of the channels you want??

No. I dont own this box but have tuned them for few people. Find the channel you are looking for http://free-tv.ie/astra-satellite-frequencies. Then manual tune I think. Enter the frequencies and channels should add to the end of your list.
    Hope this helps.

one thing that i find with the triax box is that SD channels are a tad blur and the colours are a bit washed out

watching these same channels directly through my TV they're much brighter/sharper but through the triax box not so:cool:

anyone find that??

Does your tv have separate picture settings for the off-air & AV channels? Could account for some of the difference anyway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the picture settings are the same throughout

Some great news just announced from the BBC today in this thread. :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056993615

This will be brilliant if you have that box at home now when 2014 comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

seeing that many of you have this box also i have a powered ext hdd and it never stops spinning,that is not normal is it,thought my previous box put it on and off for recordings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

greasepalm wrote: »
    seeing that many of you have this box also i have a powered ext hdd and it never stops spinning,that is not normal is it,thought my previous box put it on and off for recordings?

no prob with mine, turns off the hard drive when on standby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Keep getting a message when recording to my usb key

says device not fast enough

is there a fix for this???

philstar wrote: »
    Keep getting a message when recording to my usb key

says device not fast enough

is there a fix for this???

Your USB is too slow. Use USB 3.0 stick or compatible hard drive. But just in case get 320GB not bigger.

greasepalm wrote: »
    seeing that many of you have this box also i have a powered ext hdd and it never stops spinning

Something to do with timeshift settings? You can change them in the PVR config. menu although, switching timeshift off will lose you the ability to pause or rewind live tv.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

inc21 wrote: »
    Your USB is too slow. Use USB 3.0 stick or compatible hard drive. But just in case get 320GB not bigger.

it says in the user manual it will take usb 2.0 ??

is 320 gb the limit for an external hard-drive?

I use a 1 terabite disc USB 3 without problem. It doesn't turn off when in standby tho. . . . timeshift switched off too...

320 is not the limit but sometimes it is most stable HDD with them boxes.

About USB 3.0. Have seen that message before on someones box and getting USB 3.0 stick cured it.

the lip sync seems to be a bit off from time to time

is there a solution to this problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jceng

Kbo,

Any luck updating the firmware?

Ive just tried updated but after 5% progress I got the
    blue screen with "Open File Fail". I cant exit out of it or do anything.

Is my triax box now a brick?

jceng

• Advertisement

jceng wrote: »
    Kbo,

Any luck updating the firmware?

Ive just tried updated but after 5% progress I got the
    blue screen with "Open File Fail". I cant exit out of it or do anything.

Is my triax box now a brick?

jceng
    If you can access the menu try this..
    http://youtu.be/F1zbl_pOqjQ

Advertisement