Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player on trial on Saorview

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Using the Walker PVR and the Green, Red, Green combo works to bring up the RTÉ Player trial.

Didn't see your post until after I connected up the ethernet port today and tried it :)
    RTE Player picture on the Walker box is slightly letterboxed (looks similar to a 4:3 TV fed a 16:9 signal) but not as badly as some of the smart TVs reported on this thread. Hopefully that aspect will be sorted out soon, this is clearly not the finished article but a work in progress...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

corglass wrote: »
    Already asked in the Ariva 250 thread, but does anyone know if the RTE player trial available on the Ariva 250?

This box doesn't support MHEG-5, so no, it can't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Can access it on Panasonic DMR-HW220 PVR but screen stays on "Loading" after selecting the program to watch. Seems to offer a lot of programs and nice clear interface up to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Can access it on Panasonic DMR-HW220 PVR but screen stays on "Loading" after selecting the program to watch. Seems to offer a lot of programs and nice clear interface up to that point.

Ditto on Panasonic TV (TX-42GT50B)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM, @tg4.ie> wrote:

Hi Keith, thanks for your interest in TG4. We are planning to introduce a TG4 catchup service for smartTv hopefully by the end of this year. We have not yet decided which platforms will carry our service but we will try to reach as wide an audience as possible.

Best Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

You can get the RTE Player on Saorview?

That is very surprising. I will try and have a look at it out when I get home later today. I don't know if it's able to be on the Triax TSC114 at all.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TwoRoads

Does anyone know if RTE Player will produce an App for Android?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

TwoRoads wrote: »
    Does anyone know if RTE Player will produce an App for Android?
    Not relevant to this forum but yes, they're apparently working on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

You can get the RTE Player on Saorview?

That is very surprising. I will try and have a look at it out when I get home later today. I don't know if it's able to be on the Triax TSC114 at all.

Thanks guys.

I tried this on my LG tv and it did not work, but it works on my Samsung (which is set to UK for Freesat). The Samsung also gets RTEplayer on the SamrtTV app.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

Just spotted this thread yesterday evening, tried this on my Sony KDL32EX723 and just got an internet connection error, (the connection was working ok as I tried the inbuilt Bravia Youtube app).

So I thought it's probably cos I have a UK ip address. But I tried it again today, and the RTÉ Player interface loads up, showing the available programs.

When I try to load any of them, the RTÉ2 trailer runs with no sound, but the program doesn't follow. I just get the player controls at the bottom of the screen (looks like it's on pause) for a few seconds and that's all.

My first impression is that the picture quality, though not brilliant is actually not too bad. This will be one to keep an eye out for, hopefully we'll be able to access it up here in the north.

I far as I know, at the moment, the only ISP's up here who's IP protocal alows access to the RTÉ Player is BT & UTV, all the others are based in Gt. Britain and provide 'Gt. Britain' IP addresses.

I'm currently with Sky (due to cost of TV/Phone/BB package) so it's likely that I wouldn't get access anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Loads the interface on my Sony KDL40EX503 but will not play anything just stuck on loading. It may be because signal is crap the last few days on channel 54.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Just noticed over the past few days that I don't seem to be able to connect to the trial service any longer? When I press the Red - Green - Red combination it reports an internet connection error. Anyone else notice this? (I've checked other online apps via the TV and they're working fine so the internet connection is actually ok).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I get the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

same here with me

Advertisement