Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Separate threads for film & TV
    Aside from scrubs I'd say they'll all be back. The other 3 come and go the whole time. Unless Amazon has nabbed them exclusively or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,323 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SOA Season 7 on US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Cheers - Thats me sorted for the week .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Some good shows leaving next month IT Crowd, Father Ted, Inbetweeners and Scrubs.

The first three will be back but Scrubs is s strange one to go. Feels like only 6 months ago they got the rights for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I'd say Amazon have the rights to Scrubs now. I was hoping to watch Justified near the start of the year but it disappeared mid January when Amazon got exclusive rights which sickened me slightly lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Working my way through Bloodlines at the moment.

Damn, Netflix Originals are really stellar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

noodler wrote: »
    SOA Season 7 on US Netflix.

Whatever you do don't google IMDB for Sons of Anarchy to see which season you're currently looking at, in the Episodes paragraph it leads with a pretty big spoiler if you haven't reached the end of season 6 yet on, bastards.

I'd say Amazon have the rights to Scrubs now. I was hoping to watch Justified near the start of the year but it disappeared mid January when Amazon got exclusive rights which sickened me slightly lol.

Is is definitely because of Amazon because Sky also have it on their boxsets for a while.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Whatever you do don't google IMDB for Sons of Anarchy to see which season you're currently looking at, in the Episodes paragraph it leads with a pretty big spoiler if you haven't reached the end of season 6 yes, bastards.

Is is definitely because of Amazon because Sky also have it on their boxsets for a while.

Justified 1-6 is on NowTv for what it is worth.

Its a poor system compared to Netflix though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Working my way through Bloodlines at the moment.

Damn, Netflix Originals are really stellar.

bloodline is immense. cant wait for the second series although i wonder how they will approach it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Roquentin wrote: »
    bloodline is immense. cant wait for the second series although i wonder how they will approach it
    Should have just been a miniseries imo, would have been a whole lot better at the end. Not sure how it'll be any good without the best character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Liam O wrote:
    Should have just been a miniseries imo, would have been a whole lot better at the end. Not sure how it'll be any good without the best character.

Cheers for the spoiler

yea im kind of wondering how they will approach the second and subsequent series. theres only so much you can show with a series like that. still though, epic for the first series i thought. the keys looks great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

sweetie wrote: »
    Cheers for the spoiler
    In fairness it's not too much of a spoiler, it's revealed in the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Watched half of Chef. If you want to watch Favreau jerk off to his own ego then i would highly recommend

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

deisedude wrote: »
    Watched half of Chef. If you want to watch Favreau jerk off to his own ego then i would highly recommend

I really enjoyed Chef, I was starving afterwards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In fairness it's not too much of a spoiler, it's revealed in the first episode.

Exactly, I'd hardly even regard it a spoiler, how people who've never watched it would know the
    best character
    too is beyond me. But I guess I've ruined it for everyone...Not that I in any way said what happened. It's what the whole show is based around.

deisedude wrote: »

And who doesn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Roquentin wrote: »

Just 4 or 5 episodes in, Sam Shepard is an incredible presence and actor. He doesn't appear to be doing much, but his spirit pervades the whole piece. Sissy Spaeck is wonderfully understated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,466 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Last year there was talk on this thread about Seinfeld maybe coming to Netflix.

Hulu won the US rights to it this week for $180m it works out at $1m an episode.

Netflix may still get International rights if they are for sale.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hulu-seinfeld-licensing-180-million-1201483537/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jesus, 180m for a show that finished almost 20 years ago, that's crazy!!

How much did Netflix pay for Friends??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,466 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Off the top of my head I think they paid about $500k an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Off the top of my head I think they paid about $500k an episode.

That's a bargain - not even enough to pay one of the actors for one episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Mousewar wrote: »
    That's a bargain - not even enough to pay one of the actors for one episode.

I think Jerry was getting around $5mil per episode by the end.

Also, it looks less likely that we'll get a new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Doesn't matter when it finished, its how much its worth now. Its one of the most successful tv shows ever in syndication, over 3 Billion to date from re runs, thats why they can ask for so much for streaming rights:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/comedy/news/seinfeld-is-laughing-all-the-way-to-the-bank-tv-show-generates-31bn-in-repeat-fees-since-final-episode-8558519.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Absolutely insane money. Hulu also got the rights for Fear The Walking Dead. Disappointing for Netflix, hope they pick up but I think they're a little more focused on their originals, which isn't actually a bad thing since most of them are as high quality as some of HBO and Showtime's best shows.

Streaming services are actually the one thing I kind of wish there was a monopoly on because then we'd be able to just go with the single best one.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Just 4 or 5 episodes in, Sam Shepard is an incredible presence and actor. He doesn't appear to be doing much, but his spirit pervades the whole piece. Sissy Spaeck is wonderfully understated too.

yea he was exceptional in days of heaven

Absolutely insane money. Hulu also got the rights for Fear The Walking Dead. Disappointing for Netflix, hope they pick up but I think they're a little more focused on their originals, which isn't actually a bad thing since most of them are as high quality as some of HBO and Showtime's best shows.

Streaming services are actually the one thing I kind of wish there was a monopoly on because then we'd be able to just go with the single best one.

The more competition the better, atm I have Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix and at less than 20 euro a month for all three it's a bargain. Hulu is worth getting for the Criterion collection alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

over 3 Billion to date from re runs,

Stagering mullah for a show I have only ever seen a handful of episodes, found the actors more annoying than adolescent kids high on too much sugar. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

The more competition the better, atm I have Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix and at less than 20 euro a month for all three it's a bargain. Hulu is worth getting for the Criterion collection alone

You need to use a PC and/or proxy to access prime and Hulu though. Are they going to be coming to Ireland anytime soon? True though that €20/mo is good value, most people with sky pay at least double that and sky sucks now.

HD alone costs €15 for most people with sky and that's only 1080i lmao. Netflix can go up to 4K for like €11.

Edit: just found out Netflix has all of Breaking Bad in 4K. Sweet, looking forward to upgrading more now.

• Advertisement

You need to use a PC and/or proxy to access prime and Hulu though. Are they going to be coming to Ireland anytime soon? True though that €20/mo is good value, most people with sky pay at least double that and sky sucks now.

HD alone costs €15 for most people with sky and that's only 1080i lmao. Netflix can go up to 4K for like €11.

You don't need a PC to access Hulu, all you need is to pay about $5 a month to one of the many services that we are not allowed talk about on boards and you can watch it on any console of similar device. Back home our smart TV has Hulu and all the others out of the box.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement