Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    No sign of these today. :confused:

They were released on the 1st of April. (April fools) about the dangers of binge watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

They were released on the 1st of April. (April fools) about the dangers of binge watching.

Doh! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Down periscope was on netflix a week ago I could swear and is gone now? Would that be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Wreck it Ralph on Irish netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

It's probably been recommended before, but "Hunger" is on the Dutch Netflix. Outstanding film directed by Steve McQueen with Michael Fassbender as Bobby Sands. Really recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

dulux99 wrote: »
    It's probably been recommended before, but "Hunger" is on the Dutch Netflix. Outstanding film directed by Steve McQueen with Michael Fassbender as Bobby Sands. Really recommend it.

I remember seeing this in the cinema on release and being bored to tears.

Paddington added to Netflix Brazil.

Fast & Furious 6 added to Netflix Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I don't know if anybody's mentioned this but Chef dir. by Jon Favreau is on Irish Netflix. Charming, fun, little film. Don't go into it on an empty stomach though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I don't know if anybody's mentioned this but Chef dir. by Jon Favreau is on Irish Netflix. Charming, fun, little film. Don't go into it on an empty stomach though! ;)

Guilt inducing double bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Exactly what I did, it was depressing watching all that culinary talent while all I could rustle up was some peanut butter on toast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The conversation scene between Gerry and the priest is amazing, love that movie. Only watched it recently.

Boyhood added to Netflix Canada.

Edit; Let's Be Cops also added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

Lets be cops is dumb fun. First 30 mins is good but then it trails off a bit

My TV tracking app is saying that Knight of Sidonia season two is out on Thursday. Not 100% sure if it'll be on Netflix, but the first season is and well worth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Boyhood added to Netflix Canada.

Edit; Let's Be Cops also added to Netflix Canada.

Damm Canada seem to get all the new releases, would like to see boyhood again
    Lets be cops is pretty **** though your not missing out on much there.

Peaky Blinders is out in a week or two though just the first season, watched Cillian in Red Eye tonight with Rachel McAdams Wes Cravens best movie in the past couple of years which I know ain't saying much Lol but good suspenseful movie nonetheless.

Damm Canada seem to get all the new releases, would like to see boyhood again
    Lets be cops is pretty **** though your not missing out on much there.

Peaky Blinders is out in a week or two though just the first season, watched Cillian in Red Eye tonight with Rachel McAdams Wes Cravens best movie in the past couple of years which I know ain't saying much Lol but good suspenseful movie nonetheless.

I kinda enjoyed Lets be cops in leave your brain at the door type film I got a giggle or two out of it tonight.

On a side note it's crazy how much Damon Wayans jr looks like his dad.

Blackwatch, Longmire, Peaky Blinders are all good.

I kinda enjoyed Lets be cops in leave your brain at the door type film I got a giggle or two out of it tonight.

On a side note it's crazy how much Damon Wayans jr looks like his dad.

I actually thought it was Damon Wayans for a couple of seconds, didn't know his son was an actor.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I actually thought it was Damon Wayans for a couple of seconds, didn't know his son was an actor.

You've never watched Happy Endings? Great sitcom, cancelled too soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Tremors added to irish netflix, totally dumb but good fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

peteeeed wrote: »
    Tremors added to irish netflix, totally dumb but good fun

Tremors is not dumb.

I get tired of everything that isn't Oscar worthy of being labeled 'dumb'.

It's a very well made, fun film.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Odd, I was just thinking about Tremors the other day. Great little film!

Halt and Catch Fire added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Wreck it Ralph is on Irish Netflix now. Great for little boys that like wrecking things. It's a kids movie, but it's one of those ones that's amusing for parents Dads to watch with junior!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Wreck it Ralph is on Irish Netflix now. Great for little boys that like wrecking things. It's a kids movie, but it's one of those ones that's amusing for parents Dads to watch with junior!

Everyone loves animated movies. The two How to Train Your Dragon movies are my favourite animated movies, mostly because of the soundtracks, but Wreck it Ralph is great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Everyone loves animated movies. The two How to Train Your Dragon movies are my favourite animated movies, mostly because of the soundtracks, but Wreck it Ralph is great as well.

I never watched one till I got diagnosed with fatherhood. Can't believe how clever they are and how they've aimed the humour towards adults. Funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

John_Rambo wrote: »

Myself and herself have no kids and loved it

Daredevil seems to be getting a lot of praise from the critics. Also The Great Outdoors added yesterday anything with John Candys worth a watch.

Dare Devil Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Daredevil seems to be getting a lot of praise from the critics. Also The Great Outdoors added yesterday anything with John Candys worth a watch.

Dare Devil Trailer

The original film is on Norway Netflix to get you accustomed to the character....if you want to put yourself through that. It's not terrible. It's just ALL over the place.

• Advertisement

The original film is on Norway Netflix to get you accustomed to the character....if you want to put yourself through that. It's not terrible. It's just ALL over the place.

Yea wasn't a big fan of the Ben Affleck version but like you said it wasn't terrible. Wasn't there a spin off version like they did with Wolferine Eltectra.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement