Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Separate threads for film & TV
    anyone else getting annoyed with the auto-continuation into a totally random show after an episode finishes? I'm watching a lot of Community and it has randomly started playing episodes of Scrubs, Black books etc. when I just want to see the next episode of Community. And these shows are taking up space in my 'recent' list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone else getting annoyed with the auto-continuation into a totally random show after an episode finishes? I'm watching a lot of Community and it has randomly started playing episodes of Scrubs, Black books etc. when I just want to see the next episode of Community. And these shows are taking up space in my 'recent' list.

no, I've never had that happen, its always into the next one in a season if theres one available. What platform do you watch from? - i.e. I use netflix on my xbox, a WDTV unit and another TV via chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

never had that happen either. working our way through 'community' (excellent btw). just asks if you're still watching after so many episodes. watching on xbox in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

never had that happen either. working our way through 'community' (excellent btw). just asks if you're still watching after so many episodes. watching on xbox in our house.

Exact same for on the xbox never had the skipping to random shows

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

no, I've never had that happen, its always into the next one in a season if theres one available. What platform do you watch from? - i.e. I use netflix on my xbox, a WDTV unit and another TV via chromecast.

PS4, must see if xbone is same. Will try iPad too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sweetie wrote: »
    PS4, must see if xbone is same. Will try iPad too.

Oooo look at me and all my fancy gadgets :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60,466 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Netflix added new original shows today across all regions..binge responsibly

Go Outside
    Call Your Mom
    Do Your Homework
    Eat Real Food
    Exercise Your Mind
    Family First
    Get Off Your Butt
    Go to Work
    Go to Sleep
    See Your Friends
    Shower

I did like the actress in the shower movie :P it's very PG.

A Very Special Message

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Www.nitflux.co.nz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Latest season of trailer park boys is very enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

moleyv wrote: »
    Latest season of trailer park boys is very enjoyable

Every since I quit smoking I unfortunately can't watch it as it weakens the olde will power.Glad to hear it's good though.They always seemed like a nice bunch of lads and hopefully being on Netflix might give them a bit more main stream success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Watched Need for Speed earlier today on Netflix. There is some extremely suspect policing in that movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Every since I quit smoking I unfortunately can't watch it as it weakens the olde will power.Glad to hear it's good though.They always seemed like a nice bunch of lads and hopefully being on Netflix might give them a bit more main stream success.

Balls, you don't need to smoke to enjoy it, Its gas, cuppa tea and a chocky bicky does the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

It went downhill there before Netflix took it on. A few of the specials were really bad.

Good to see it back to its former best.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

Balls, you don't need to smoke to enjoy it, Its gas, cuppa tea and a chocky bicky does the job

lol, I don't mean I need to be high to enjoy it, I just mean that watching it gives me cravings to smoke.Can't watch Mad Men either....or Quigly Down Under

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

lol, I don't mean I need to be high to enjoy it, I just mean that watching it gives me cravings to smoke.Can't watch Mad Men either....or Quigly Down Under

ah yea the ricky smokes so much, as does don draper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Get an ecig and only use it watching TV

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

hi all

Any good Sci - Fi or Horror recommendations ? Region unimportant

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Don't know if its been mentioned here before but just got done watching an excellent Indian movie called the lunch box about a bored housewife who starts a letter exchange with a widowed man which turns into a romance of kind.

I was looking for something a wee bit softer after watching I saw the devil last week but surprised how much i liked it.

Although the DVD cover makes it look like a made for TV movie you would see on the hallmark channel on a Tuesday afternoon, kinda reminded me of brief encounter in a way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Don't know if its been mentioned here before but just got done watching an excellent Indian movie called the lunch box about a bored housewife who starts a letter exchange with a widowed man which turns into a romance of kind.

I was looking for something a wee bit softer after watching I saw the devil last week but surprised how much i liked it.

Although the DVD cover makes it look like a made for TV movie you would see on the hallmark channel you would see on a Tuesday afternoon, kinda reminded me of brief encounter in a way.

I watched that a while back as well. All I really remember about it is "awndeee"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

X Men: Days of Future PAst up on Canadian Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

hi all

Any good Sci - Fi or Horror recommendations ? Region unimportant

I loved Europa report

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Star Trek Into Darkness added to irish netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Now I know this is strange one, but has anyone seen "The Life and Loves of a She Devil" on any netflix region. I think it's from the 90's a BBC production. It was brilliant and I'd love to watch it again. Anybody help with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

try http://www.moreflicks.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,466 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now I know this is strange one, but has anyone seen "The Life and Loves of a She Devil" on any netflix region. I think it's from the 90's a BBC production. It was brilliant and I'd love to watch it again. Anybody help with this?

It's not on Netflix, Check out Youtube though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Orphan Black season 2 on Irish Netflix. Anyone who hasn't yet checked out this series needs to. The first season is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Turtwig wrote: »
    Orphan Black season 2 on Irish Netflix. Anyone who hasn't yet checked out this series needs to. The first season is excellent!

Is that the new season or was this on US Netflix already ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Night crawler is on Brazil Netflix. On the best movies in the last couple of years. Enthralling throughout.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Night crawler is on Brazil Netflix. On the best movies in the last couple of years. Enthralling throughout.

Sad that Jake Gyllenhaal didn't even get a nod from the academy for his role in it, one of the best performances of the last decade and his strongest so far. Hope he continues at that standard and he'll be up there with Bale and Dicaprioy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Netflix added new original shows today across all regions..binge responsibly

Go Outside
    Call Your Mom
    Do Your Homework
    Eat Real Food
    Exercise Your Mind
    Family First
    Get Off Your Butt
    Go to Work
    Go to Sleep
    See Your Friends
    Shower

I did like the actress in the shower movie :P it's very PG.

A Very Special Message

No sign of these today. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement