Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat is murder, tasty, tasty murder . . .

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I think, morally, vegetarianism is something I ought to subscribe to. A death for no reason and death for no reason is murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Meat is awesome.

I ****ing hate Morrissey and his ilk, endless banging on about how the killing of an animal is the same as the killing of a human.

It's not.

Human tastes like ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Suffering=Flavour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Tomorrow we dine on flipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Meat is awesome.

I ****ing hate Morrissey and his ilk, endless banging on about how the killing of an animal is the same as the killing of a human.

It's not.

Human tastes like ****.

Every meat either tastes like pork, beef or chicken, that is the way everyone describes it,,eeehhh it tastes like chicken, it is reported by cannibals that humans tastes like pork.

I like pork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Tomorrow we dine on flipper.

Dibs on the speech centre of the brain.

St.Spodo wrote: »
    I think, morally, vegetarianism is something I ought to subscribe to. A death for no reason and death for no reason is murder.

Then how about the death to plants, they are living matter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

44leto wrote: »

And the death of countless millions of insects, bugs and worms in an effort to feed vegan the plant flesh they crave so much.

Or, how about the fact that so many animals die in the harvesting of tofu that every slippery bite contains traces of blood.

Vegas/vegetarians = hypocrites.

If Jesus didnt want us eating meat, he wouldnt have made animals so damn tasty.

FFS what next , human rights for Dolphins??...oh wait..;)

0:25am UK, Tuesday February 21, 2012
    A team of experts has said dolphins should be given the same rights to life and liberty as humans because of their high levels of intelligence and self-awareness.

Scientists meeting in Canada were told the mammals deserved to be treated as non-human "persons" who were given the same ethical considerations as humans.
    A small group of experts in philosophy, conservation and dolphin behaviour were canvassing support for a "Declaration of Rights for Cetaceans".

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16174092

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

It's a lyric from the song Meat is Murder, by The Smiths. I quoted it as it, more than anything else, got me thinking about the issue and made me conscious of what I eat. Obviously the reality that animals die is a fact of life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Sorry to break it to you but you're not top of the food chain.
    Nile crocodiles also prey on humans frequently, far more often than other crocodilian species (although in parts of the Philippines and New Guinea saltwater crocodile attacks can also be common).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_crocodile#Diet_and_eating_behavior

LOL

Man is the apex predator on this planet, there is no animal that stands a chance against me armed with a big fukcen gun.

You could have said the Mosquito they have killed billions of men. Or the Flu Virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Isn't it great being top of the food chain.
    You can make loads of those burger flavoured animals, then bang in the head when their at their most delicious.
    Evolution happened, we won, yeah, get in the hole.
    What do you mean "won?" We'll be outlived by prokaryotes that hac already been on this earth for hundreds of millions of years before us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

LOL

Man is the apex predator on this planet, there is no animal that stands a chance against me armed with a big fukcen gun.

You could have said the Mosquito they have killed billions of men. Or the Flu Virus.

not really the mosquito that kills us so much as the parasite malaria.

RichieC wrote: »
    not really the mosquito that kills us so much as the parasite malaria.

It's not the snake that kills us but the snakes venom.

But you have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Swamp People, a show about old, overweight Americans killing crocodiles. It's easy when you know how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

My life's ambition is to eat giant panda before they go extinct(which is as a result of their own stupidity but that's another subject).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

summerskin wrote: »
    My life's ambition is to eat giant panda before they go extinct(which is as a result of their own stupidity but that's another subject).

What did Gummy ever do to you? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Jim Jefferies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

You're like Ben Stiller :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You're like Ben Stiller :mad::mad::mad:

Did he call you stupid too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kiera wrote: »
    Did he call you stupid too?

No, he is into killing and eating panda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

LOL

Okay Mr. Schwarzenegger.

I could have said mosquitoes, yes. Instead I said an animal that actually eats humans.
    It's not the snake that kills us but the snakes venom.

But you have a point.
    That's completely different. Snakes deliberately inject venom into their prey to kill them. Mosquitoes don't deliberately inject the malaria virus into their victim. All they want is some blood, which they can extract without killing their prey.

The malaria virus is a living organism that kills its victim independently of its original mosquito host. The mosquito is simply an unwitting carrier of the virus.

Okay Mr. Schwarzenegger.

I could have said mosquitoes, yes. Instead I said an animal that actually eats humans.

That's completely different. Snakes deliberately inject venom into their prey to kill them. Mosquitoes don't deliberately inject the malaria virus into their victim. All they want is some blood, which they can extract without killing their prey.

The malaria virus is a living organism that kills its victim independently of its original mosquito host. The mosquito is simply an unwitting carrier of the virus.

OK the malaria virus then, but man is still the apex predator on this world, our brains and organization is our weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Isn't it great being top of the food chain.
    You can make loads of those burger flavoured animals, then bang in the head when their at their most delicious.
    Evolution happened, we won, yeah, get in the hole.
    Mmmmm rabidlamb...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I don't believe you have to subscribe to the theory that man is the apex predator, or which is one of very questionable rational validity, to enjoy animal products or the use of animals as commodities or resources.

As humans, we subjugate animals. We sometimes imprison them. We declare ownership of them. We assume an inevitable human dominion over them.

Provided that we avoid wanton levels of cruelty, there doesn't have to be any extensive philosophical rationale behind our position apart from the notions that (i)we like eating meat and animal products, and (ii) that the animals we consume enjoy significantly different and/or inferior levels of mental consciousness, or may have a diminished capacity to enjoy freedom.

later12 wrote: »
    I don't believe you have to subscribe to the theory that man is the apex predator, or which is one of very questionable rational validity, to enjoy animal products or the use of animals as commodities or resources.

As humans, we subjugate animals. We sometimes imprison them. We declare ownership of them. We assume an inevitable human dominion over them.

Provided that we avoid wanton levels of cruelty, there doesn't have to be any extensive philosophical rationale behind our position apart from the notions that (i)we like eating meat and animal products, and (ii) that the animals we consume enjoy significantly different and/or inferior levels of mental consciousness, or may have a diminished capacity to enjoy freedom.

I don't but we are, there is not another animal that stands a chance against us, we are an extinction event no other animal in the history of our planet has had such dominance.

But you are right in a way our consumption of meat is becoming an extinction event and contributing greatly to global warming, we really should consume less meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

hmmm i'm still yet to see a pair of human skin shoes or human skin handbags.

Maybe its cos they dont need them or maybe because its humans 1 crocs 0 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ambient Occlusion

Pace2008 wrote: »
    What do you mean "won?" We'll be outlived by prokaryotes that hac already been on this earth for hundreds of millions of years before us.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Man has the advantage of awareness that no animals can really compare to now or in the past. IE. There is a good chance that we will be able to predict an extinction event and avoid it, unless it's our own fault of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Shryke wrote: »
    The detractors are pedants pheasants!
    Mmmm *slobber*
    I don't but we are, there is not another animal that stands a chance against us
    I take it you haven't seen polar bears in action then. Good luck with that theory when a half ton of the larget land carnivore that blends in perfectly with its surroundings pops out of snow drift ten feet away wearing a napkin.

I have a thing about polar bears.

Fun fact: raw meat is the only whole food you can live on indefinetely. Well except for the parasites and bacteria you'd get while noshing down.

Advertisement