Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAYE CHISORA BRAWL

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

walshb wrote: »
    Please define what is "glassing" someone?

Does it have to be a glass, does it have to break, does it have to cause facial tearing?

Because if someone punches someone else in the head/face with a weapon such as a glass or a glass bottle in their hand, then can this not qualify as someone "glassing" someone?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

Please define what is "glassing" someone?

Glassing involves the attacker smashing an intact glass or glass bottle in the face of the victim. However the glass may be smashed prior to the attack, and then gripped by the remaining base of the glass or neck of the bottle with the broken shards protruding outwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

corny wrote: »
    Please don't confuse the issue. My only mention of Chisora was that he's a thug.

And actually you implied it was ok when you said "haye's only fault.........". Thats what i responded to if you remember.

Yes, his only fault was being there. He could well argue self defence. Chisora approached him in an aggressive manner AFTER threatening his life. Big case there for self defence.

So, it seems that for it to be termed a glassing, a break must occur?

Well, Haye attempted a glassing then if that is the case. The bottle he used did not break on impact to Chisora. Isn't Chisora lucky; Haye too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

If Haye talked himself into the heavyweight title contender-ship, has Chisora slapped, spat and threatened his way to the top?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Just seeing a few posts saying Haye glassed him with the first punch or similar.

It was the 2nd punch, with the right hand, that he was holding the bottle.

And he didn't glass him.

beefjerky wrote: »
    It was the 2nd punch, with the right hand, that he was holding the bottle.

And he didn't glass him.

Did he throw a punch at Chisora, connecting, whilst holding a glass bottle in that hand?

If so, then he certainly attempted a glassing. That cannot be disputed.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Did he throw a punch at Chisora, connecting, whilst holding a glass bottle in that hand?

Yeah I agree, but "he attempted to glass him" is a very different comment from "He glassed him".

It's better to deal in facts is all I'm getting at really.

beefjerky wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, but "he attempted to glass him" is a very different comment from "He glassed him" .

Hence why I was being specific. I don't believe anyone has proved that the glass/glass bottle needs to actually smash, break and cause facial damage for it to be termed a "glassing."

So, it seems that for it to be termed a glassing, a break must occur?

Well, Haye attempted a glassing then if that is the case. The bottle he used did not break on impact to Chisora. Isn't Chisora lucky; Haye too.
    So he didn't glass him then, I'm glad we agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Yes, his only fault was being there. He could well argue self defence. Chisora approached him in an aggressive manner AFTER threatening his life. Big case there for self defence.

Did he threaten his life before approaching him?

Nooooooooo
    Lets not forget Haye is a professional boxer who trains to throw punches. When confronted by Chisora he simply reacted in a defensive way by throwing a left right combination, he happened to be holding a glass bottle in his right hand (the hand her threw the 2nd punch with). If he was attempting to glass his he would have just cracked him in the face with the bottle or attempt to instead of throwing a left punch 1st

Simple: If someone punched you in the face, connecting with fist and glass/bottle, whilst holding a bottle or glass in that hand and somehow no blood was drawn, would you consider it not to be a glassing, juts because no blood was drawn?

Did he threaten his life before approaching him?

As far as I know, yes.

As far as I know, yes.

You wouldn't know when though would you? Certainly didn't happen in the press conference that i've seen.

SooooBored wrote: »
    Nooooooooo
    Lets not forget Haye is a professional boxer who trains to throw punches. When confronted by Chisora he simply reacted in a defensive way by throwing a left right combination, he happened to be holding a glass bottle in his right hand (the hand her threw the 2nd punch with). If he was attempting to glass his he would have just cracked him in the face with the bottle or attempt to instead of throwing a left punch 1st

Why confuse it. He threw a punch while holding a bottle in the punching hand. It's black and white.

You wouldn't know when though would you? Certainly didn't happen in the press conference that i've seen.

I'd have to go back. He did say he was going to hit him two slaps, and also, he said he'd shoot him, set him on fire, now, not sure if the shooting/fire threat was before or after the altercation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So really it could've been a lot worse. I know what I would've probably done in the same situation.

So he didn't glass him then, I'm glad we agree.

No, never said that.

Read thru your link, it is not at all clear that an actual injury must take place, or that the glass must break for it to be termed a glassing.

Simple: If someone punched you in the face, connecting with fist and glass/bottle, whilst holding a bottle or glass in that hand and somehow no blood was drawn, would you consider it not to be a glassing, juts because no blood was drawn?

Relax Chisora will ya, Haye didnt glass you

Are you actually mental?
    He did not hit him with the bottle

• Advertisement

No, never said that.

Read thru your link, it is not at all clear that an actual injury must take place, or that the glass must break for it to be termed a glassing.
    You said he attempted to glass him, attempting to do something is not doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

He didn't glass him! But he was foolish and dangerous, like if You punch someone with a knife in your hand you have not knifed them

Also the threaths where made after the scrap, when he was wound up. He did threaten to slap Haye 2 days before hand though-Haye should not have been there but chisora should have stayed sitting down and ignored him, everyone should. Actually when asked to remove him I think the security bottled it to be honest.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

I'd have to go back. He did say he was going to hit him two slaps, and also, he said he'd shoot him, set him on fire, now, not sure if the shooting/fire threat was before or after the altercation.

I'll help. It was definitely after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

No, never said that.

I'd have to agree that a bottle shouldn't have to break for it to be considered a glassing (i've been hit with a bottle that didn't break, and that didn't stop it from leaving me needing a good few stitches to close up the cut!).

But i think the bottle / glass would have to at least make contact with the person for you to claim it was a "glassing". Haye threw a punch , while just happening to still have the bottle in his hand. The bottle never make contact with chisora, and if anything he would have been able to throw a better punch if he wasn't holding the bottle.

Yes, obviously it was very dangerous because the glass could have broken and messed up chisora's face (and haye's hand) but from the way the punch is thrown, it is clear that there was no attempt made to use the bottle as a weapon, so to make out he tried to glass chisora is a bit misleading.

The tripod thing on the other hand can't be disputed, he picked it up and attempted to swing it across the head of chisora's trainer. In that case there WAS intent to harm someone with a weapon, but for some reason people seem to be fixating on the other incident.

You said he attempted to glass him, attempting to do something is not doing something.

I put a question mark over my point in the post replying to you.

It is simple: All I was asking was for someone to define "glassing."

You gave a definition. But, nowhere in that definition did it say that an injury must occur, the glass or glass bottle must break, or blood must be drawn.

Now, taking this into account, I would define what Haye did as glassing someone. Unless one can show me that the above criteria must be met.

I attempted to ride my missus last night with me dick in my hand, my dick didnt touch her so i didnt have sex with her.
    Walshb are you saying i did ride her ye?

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    I'd have to agree that a bottle shouldn't have to break for it to be considered a glassing (i've been hit with a bottle that didn't break, and that didn't stop it from leaving me needing a good few stitches to close up the cut!).

But i think the bottle / glass would have to at least make contact with the person for you to claim it was a "glassing". Haye threw a punch , while just happening to still have the bottle in his hand. The bottle never make contact with chisora, and if anything he would have been able to throw a better punch if he wasn't holding the bottle.

Is it definite that the bottle never made ANY contact with Chisora? I mean, pics and videos would need to be analysed quite closely.

If no contact was made, yes, that is NOT a glassing. I would terem it an attempted glassing.

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    The tripod thing on the other hand can't be disputed, he picked it up and attempted to swing it across the head of chisora's trainer.

He did that because chisora's trainer called him out as salesman and was most vociferous in asking for him to be removed. For me that furthers the case for his frustration being the case of the altercation and not Chirora approaching him and the resulting sense of personal danger he may have felt. Chisora's trainer never made a threat on his life. Justifiable defence Walshb?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Bren, trying to hit him with bottle, glassing.
    Hitting him with punch with bottle in hand is a punch, stupid thing to do but he would have hit the bottle off him if he tried too.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

SooooBored wrote: »
    I attempted to ride my missus last night with me dick in my hand, my dick didnt touch her so i didnt have sex with her.
    Walshb are you saying i did ride her ye?

I'd say you need practice.

Advertisement