Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAYE CHISORA BRAWL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

they may not have stabbed eachother, but to gift them millions of pounds on the back of the weekends antics is wrong too.

Ye no way should these pair be allowed to profit from this. Maybe if they sign their potential purse from such a fight to a boxing charity
    I think a lot of people who already have a dislike for Haye can't see past that regarding this particular event.
    Haye is a self promoter (Hayemaker Productions) so of course he is goina turn up at the post fight conference and try secure himself a fight with Vitali.
    Chisora had already threatened to slap Haye in the build up to the fight and again in his post fight conference, he then walked toward Haye in a threatening manner and can be heard asking his mate to stand behind me, took his jacket off and went head to head, Don’t forget Chisora also slapped Vitali and spat at Wladimer so Haye was right to tag him on the chin, it was a defensive reaction. Chisora can’t be seen for the best part of it because he was tagged good. Haye also gave Chisora’s trainer a few nice digs. He did hit Booth with the camera thing which is clear so I’m sure Booth will concur with in the next few days.
    Id say its job done for Haye and he will get his fight with Vitali, he was seen having a laugh with the Klitschko’s manager Boente after the brawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Sure you can't ban Haye anyway as he doesn't have a license to ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I'm sure the Klitschko's would loved to see both banned so they could get rid of any challenge.

They will go back to fighting fat bums looking for their payday, winning a 120-108 decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Sure you can't ban Haye anyway as he doesn't have a license to ban?

They can't ban him, but they have the ability to not grant him a license.

Gintonious wrote: »
    They can't ban him, but they have the ability to not grant him a license.

Yeah amounts to the same thing I suppose.

Don't think the brother will be happy to see both banned actually, despite them knowing that Haye and Chisora are both idiots, they represent relatively big money fights that either brother can win with relative ease.

Vitali hurt his shoulder last night in and around the 2nd or 3rd round so that might explain why he was relatively poor, and his tried and trusted jab wasn't used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

nino1 wrote: »
    To be fair to Haye, he had no choice but to throw the first punch.
    having seen Chisora's antics the last few days he knew that he was 100% going to get slapped/punched if he just stood there.

I wouldn't class him anywhere near in the same league of scumbag as chisora
    Haye could have turned on his heel and walked away, he had no business at the press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'm sure the Klitschko's would loved to see both banned so they could get rid of any challenge.

They will go back to fighting fat bums looking for their payday, winning a 120-108 decision.

What?

Chisora was thoroughly beaten, as was Haye. What is this challenge you speak of? I am sure both Klits would love if they had to meet the likes of Haye and Chisora every day. Easy work, nice pay!

Says a lot about boxing if there are worse contenders out there than Haye and Chisora.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Shane Fitz wrote: »
    Haye could have turned on his heel and walked away, he had no business at the press conference.

As he was apparently being paid by the media that may not be the case.

Absolutely. The way that they manipulate boxing is far worse than anything that Haye & Chisora have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SooooBored

Shane Fitz wrote: »
    he had no business at the press conference.

Behave yourself now, as i said Haye is a self promoter (Hayemaker Productions) so of course he is goina turn up at the post fight conference and try secure himself a fight with Vitali.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Two bums...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

Discodog wrote: »
    tinner777 wrote: »
    Be surprised to see any significant bans

So would I. If there is any censure it should be on Chisora as if he had stayed in his seat it wouldn't of happened.
    And if Haye wasn't at the press conference....

Lots of people excusing both parties,
    Hate did not need to be at the press conference.
    Haye should not have been goading Chirosa, but he's a mouthy scumbag
    Chirosa should have stayed in his seat, he didn't have to confront Haye, but he's and aggressive scumbag.
    Haye could have turned and left before Chirosa got down...
    Cudda Shudda Wudda!!!
    Simply two over indulged, egomaniacs who shouldnever darken a TV screen or boxing ring again!
    can you imagine the media hype if this had happened at an MMA event let alone a high profile event like last weekend?

The whole thing is a distraction from what I think is a far more important issues dodgy ref decisions. Tavouris Cloud winning was a joke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

barney4001 wrote: »
    His toe must be better then lol
    hahahahahah HAHAHAHAHAHAHhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It get's funnier every time..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Discodog wrote: »
    Absolutely. The way that they manipulate boxing is far worse than anything that Haye & Chisora have done.

Are you talking about the WBC, WBA, IBF and the rest of the alphabets here?

Can't see how its their fault they're far superior to everyone else over the last decade

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Haye still is in hiding and Booth has gone from saying no comment to ignoring calls.

The German police think that both are back in the UK somewhere as the dial tone on Booth's phone has changed to a UK tone.

All Haye is doing is making a bigger story out of it by hiding away like a scumbag. The German police have already publicly stated that they will not charge him and all they want from him is a statement and a few questions anwered either in Germany or at a UK police station.

They reported that Haye left his hotel within hours of the scuffle before the police got there to question him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

so these two clowns will fight at the end of the summer with the winner losing to one of the brothers early next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Firstly Chisora struck vitali unprinvoked, secondly, chisora took his top off signalling he was gonna fight when he walked over to Haye. That is provoking Haye.

So you're still excusing Haye's actions I see.
    He wasn't in control of his arm when he picked up the tripod, was he?
    Both men acted shamefully. It's juvenile to excuse one man actions on the basis that the other guy was much worse. This has nothing to do with a previous dislike of Haye. If Haye is the innocent party in all this, why has he gone into hiding? No doubt he's probably consulting with a top pr firm in a hotel somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

This is mad. It's clear that some media outlets are still trying to protect Haye. Focusing all attention on Chisora and what will happen to him. I cant believe it. What a coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Seriously man, these are the 2 worst they have faced in years-they have basically beaten eerybody and are just looking for people to beat at this stage, and again they have not been beating fat people as we cleared up the other day, and the records of their opponents are solid also so i think your just been petty here.
    walshb wrote: »
    What?

Chisora was thoroughly beaten, as was Haye. What is this challenge you speak of? I am sure both Klits would love if they had to meet the likes of Haye and Chisora every day. Easy work, nice pay!

Says a lot about boxing if there are worse contenders out there than Haye and Chisora.

Making these 2 sound like the top challenghers is a way of knocking their reins as champions, and it is totally wrong too.

These 2 fights where just because their is no credible treaths out there for them.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Does anyone else think this is staged?

Lifetime bans or prison time would prove otherwise.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »
    Seriously man, these are the 2 worst they have faced in years-they have basically beaten eerybody and are just looking for people to beat at this stage, and again they have not been beating fat people as we cleared up the other day, and the records of their opponents are solid also so i think your just been petty here.

The reason the Klitschko's opponents records are solid is because the contenders have beaten bums to get to the Klitschko's, the challengers are the best of a bad pile IMO.

Regards Haye, I read an article that Haye and Chisora were staying in the same hotel, so Haye and Booth rushed back to the hotel and left before Chisora and his entourage arrived back.

PS: Was listenting to radio report there and announcer struggled with Vitali's name and said "Vilalli" lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

For me this should be a lifetime ban for Haye.
    No way should someone profit out of hitting someone with a bottle AND a tripod.

Well Mike Tyson bit Holyfield twice on one night, including one bite taking off a bit of his ear. He tried to break Botha's arm, and at the Lewis conference he punched at Lewis' entourage and bit Lewis when he was on the floor.

I don't think Haye will get punished too much. For life no way.

"During the post-fight press conference, I was stood at the back of the room. It wasn't until Bernd Bonte said my name and involved me in the press conference that I commented. I was then happy to banter back and forth with Bonte and Klitschko, keen to ascertain whether he (Vitali) would stay true to his word and reiterate his desire to do what his younger brother couldn't do – knock me out.

"I felt as though the public would want to hear more information about this potential bout and that we could both start beating the drum ahead of a showdown later this year.

"However, at this point Chisora began firing insults at me from his position on the top table. In fact, he has recently made a habit of saying derogatory things about me in the press.

"Moments before declaring he wanted to go face-to-face with me, Chisora assured the gathered media that he would give me 'two slaps'. Chisora had, of course, already been shrouded in controversy that weekend.

"Despite this, Chisora climbed down from the top table, removed his robe and then walked towards me, entourage in tow, in an aggressive manner. I held my ground, but, unfortunately, he caused a serious disturbance to occur, something which threatened to damage the reputation of the sport we both love.

"Regrettably, some members of his entourage also encouraged the chaos.
    "Nevertheless, Chisora and I soon separated, brushed ourselves down and moved in opposite directions. The confrontation then reignited, however, and both Don Charles and Adam Booth became involved in the mess. Adam suffered a cut to the head.
    "Thankfully, it didn't take long for the ruckus to again settle down. It was then that I heard Chisora say he planned to 'shoot me dead'.

"I decided to leave the venue and return to my hotel, a move which I hoped would diffuse the situation. However, Chisora's team were staying at the same hotel as me and, in light of the threats Chisora had made in front of the world's media, it seemed far more appropriate for me and Adam to leave the hotel as quickly as possible.

"Consequently, I left Munich on an earlier flight on Sunday morning and have been thinking about what happened ever since, as well as replaying the incident many times via YouTube. It goes without saying, I am bitterly disappointed to have been a part of what transpired on Saturday evening.

"I realise I am no angel – and don't mind a bit of professional trash-talk to help raise boxing's profile – but, during my 21 years in the sport, I have never been involved in, or even witnessed, such a serious fracas.

"If requested, I shall happily assist the boxing authorities with any investigation they wish to launch and, ultimately, hope that all lessons learned from this incident will be implemented.

"I also hope Dereck Chisora is able to learn from his mistakes this past weekend, right the wrongs and then go on to fulfil his potential in the boxing ring. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/9093966/David-Haye-bitterly-disappointed-for-involvement-in-brawl-with-Dereck-Chisora-statement-in-full.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just watched the video on the Guardian.

Completely staged imo.

Boxing, specifically heavyweight boxing, needed to shake things up and with all the hullabaloo surrounding this "incident", Chisora and Haye will fight and make a serious amount of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

regardless of what everyone is saying deep down everyone loved the controversy and excitement created by the brawl

this press conference had more excitement that all of vitali's fights together with Vlad's

plenty of past great fighters committed controversial acts and history didn't hold it against them. examples would be Bowe, Duran, Ali, Barrera/Morales, mayweather, tyson, hopkins, Lew's/Rachman, holmes/berbick

Bowe actually threw a glass at Gonzalez and hit Donald with a serious one two to the jaw

Lewis was involved in 2 brawls with Rachman and Tyson

The irony is the same ppl who are criticizing Haye are praising lewis

brawls like this happen all the time and judging by the US websites they have not frowned on it too badly, they are more excited

this will allow a huge fight to be built and in a few months will all be forgotten about

http://youtu.be/bRBfZna8QlA

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

I dont see what the big fuss is about it has got people talking about what was a dull event.
    I agree a fine is due from both haye and chisora .
    Where was the security to allow chisora get to haye?
    Look at all the views this is getting on youtube, it has happened before in boxing. just my 2 cents

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Just watched the video on the Guardian.

Completely staged imo.

Boxing, specifically heavyweight boxing, needed to shake things up and with all the hullabaloo surrounding this "incident", Chisora and Haye will fight and make a serious amount of cash.

I really doubt that TBH. Would Haye have thrown a right to Chisora's jaw with a glass bottle in his hand? If the bottle broke it would have done serious damage to both fighters, especially Haye as it would have broken in the inside of his hand.

Haye_Bottle_682x40_1456042a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Haye is a scumbag and has been caught on camera proving it ,I hope they refuse any boxing licence renewal and the German police charge and convict him.Those people claiming that taking a robe off and/or walking up to somebody is provocation/ justification for throwing a punch need to look closely at their own code of ethics and adjust it to reality.Same for those who claim you can get your retaliation in first because of an apparent ability to divine the future.Arrive in Court after glassing some punter explaining you got your retaliation in first, because "there was no way he was not going to hit me !" and see how far that gets you.

Chisora is a classless scumbag, his actions all through his life up to and including this weekend prove it.I hope his licence gets revoked his entire prize withheld in a fine, and the German police charge and convict him.

I have already e-mailed Sky Sports stating that i will cancel my SKY sports subscription if they have any part in promoting this fight, if more people follow suit we can hopefully avoid/limit these two scumbags profiting from this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

It's a superb piece of PR for both fighters whether staged or not.
    I wouldn't put it past either for it to be loosely pre-conceived...........ie. Plan: "Haye confront's Chisora at press conference".........from which point things got out of hand.

The press coverage has been wall-to-wall, front page stories day 2, day 3 etc.
    I presume from this point forward everything Haye does is to maximise press coverage, probably carefully advised by professional PR & management.

IMO he's a PR genuis.
    He didn't have a credible money fight last week.
    There has never been a boxer with his ability to build a fight.

For me, it's vomit-inducing, because unlike all the other great showmen boxers,he fails to put on a show where it matters ........ in the ring.

Advertisement