Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAYE CHISORA BRAWL

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

kryogen wrote: »
    Why did you bother giving the UK definition though? I was under the impression it happened outside the UK

Just using a definition we'd be accustomed to...

Dunno about having faith in the law, I think I've more faith in one's ability to circumvent the law even if you are guilty.

Chisora has been allegedly banned by the WBC.
    Chisora banned by WBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chisora banned indefinitely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

H e can thank Haye for that

barney4001 wrote: »
    H e can thank Haye for that

In all fairness he has nobody to blame but himself, his behaviour before the fight and after is what has got him this ban.

Haye is safe from sanctions as he isnt a boxer at the moment, they may of course refuse his license in Britain if he applies, but there are always ways around that kind of little detail.

Personally I'm happy he got a ban, indefinite is a bit strong, but the sport did get dragged further through the mud by his actions so there was always a possibility it was going to be a tough ban.

Indefinite is sketchy anyway, could be a year, could be 3, could also be 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

It's indefinite till he does anger management course then it will be reviewed and he'll be back in action.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

It was the WBC that enforced it, could he not go for the other titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Domino effect on da way Id say with the other bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Well on March 14 he is up before the British Boxing Council, he'll more than likely get banned. I read on BBC he'd have to head out foreign to get a license to box then, but other organizations would honour the British Boxing Council decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't believe there is any argument here, if it went to court the evidence shows Haye striking first, thats it, end of story, you are allowed to go toward someone. The video doesn't show Chisora threatening Haye when face to face, the video can not be used to exonerate David. The previous incidents with the Klitschko's would have no bearing on it.

Sorry, I think you're completely wrong here. If someone is walking towards me in a threatening matter I am allowed to defend myself.

I'm a normal job soap, if a scumbag in the street gets in my face while I'm on my way to work and he's holding a weapon, do you really think any court in the land is going to convict me because I strike first? Likewise, if a 200lb professional fighter who has a habit of randomly hitting people gets in my face I'm sure as shít not going to stand there waiting waiting for him to throw the first punch.

Behind hit first is not a pre-requisite of self-defence.

Sorry, I think you're completely wrong here. If someone is walking towards me in a threatening matter I am allowed to defend myself.

I'm a normal job soap, if a scumbag in the street gets in my face while I'm on my way to work and he's holding a weapon, do you really think any court in the land is going to convict me because I strike first? Likewise, if a 200lb professional fighter who has a habit of randomly hitting people gets in my face I'm sure as shít not going to stand there waiting waiting for him to throw the first punch.

Chisora was standing in front of him not coming at him

Chisora had no weapon

Never said I agreed, but the law is fairly clear on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Depends on where you are.

In the UK a pre-emptive strike is a valid method off self-defence and and is legally recognised as such.
    In the Republic of Ireland, its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Depends on where you are.

In the UK a pre-emptive strike is a valid method off self-defence and and is legally recognised as such.
    In the Republic of Ireland, its not.

Whether it is or is not, either way, Haye could sure chance it. I mean, it's Ireland, and there have ben some real bizarre jury results, even in cases where overwhelming evidence is presented. Red Herrings always crop up. Now, in this case, Haye to me has a real chance.

And, seeing as both men are British, our "rule" has nothing to do with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

walshb wrote: »
    Whether it is or is not, either way, Haye could sure chance it. I mean, it's Ireland, and there have ben some real bizarre jury results, even in cases where overwhelming evidence is presented. Red Herrings always crop up. Now, in this case, Haye to me has a real chance.

And, seeing as both men are British, our "rule" has nothing to do with this.

Seeing as it happened in Germany, British law has no bearing either tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Kess73 wrote: »
    Seeing as it happened in Germany, British law has no bearing either tbf.

I was thinking this when I posted.

David Haye posted this on his twitter :D

The end of that video sums it up for me, both of them actually

What a plonker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Warren was grinning ear to ear when Chisora got up to go to confront Haye. I'm sure he was loving it until the bottle and death threats got involved pretty much scuppering any hope of a fight between the two.

The slimey cúnt.

"Strange" to see him post a video with the tripod and video camera throw edited appropriately!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

That video is actually done great!!
    Made me laugh to be honest, propaganda works

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

The bookies are betting on a lengthy ban for Chisora 4/6 18 months

• Advertisement

Vitali has just finally agreed to fight me in a live RTL interview!!! He told me I will be his next fight!! Let's Get Ready To Rumble!!! :D

According to Haye anyway. I wonder if Vitali will fight win.

I agree that Haye should fight the top contenders to get a title shot, but it isn't unheard of in the past of ex-title holders getting another shot at the title straight away.

https://twitter.com/#!/mrdavidhaye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Chisora has had his licence revoked so no more getting himself fights he doesn't deserve!!

Delighted - total scum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

+1

The spitting, death threats, its not right.

Anyay he was'nt that good anyway, just like Haye.

Chisora has had his licence revoked so no more getting himself fights he doesn't deserve!!

Delighted - total scum

C'mon, you can't be saying that, the man is a professional boxer. Sure his antics when he clattered Vitali and spat in Wladimir's face were wrong, but that is what they were antics.

He didn't exactly stab an old lady in a wheelchair multiple times for her purse and then throw her to the floor and kick the crap outta her.

C'mon, you can't be saying that, the man is a professional boxer. Sure his antics when he clattered Vitali and spat in Wladimir's face were wrong, but that is what they were antics.

He didn't exactly stab an old lady in a wheelchair multiple times for her purse and then throw her to the floor and kick the crap outta her.

Your lack of knowledge on the chap is a bit funny :)

Your lack of knowledge on the chap is a bit funny :)

Your a bit funny.

Your a bit funny.

I'm a lot funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Was going to say he is a disgrace and agree total scum but then I had a we thought and first thing popped into my head was Tyson/Mayweather, et al.
    I suppose boxing is littered with "not such good role models!!!"

But this guy really gets on my nerves, dont think hes even doing it for the publicity, he wouldn't have the brain capacity.

Advertisement