Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Did You Think Up Your Username?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dyawannagoonme

The Viper from Hardy Bucks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

My username is from Romans 16:15 except using a Greek rather than Latin spelling. It means lover of the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was listening to the Super Furry Animals when I had to come up with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

2 words Divine inspiration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ullickmagee

So I was in the sack with the missus and she says........

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

I own one

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Im a girl and like Iron Maiden, simple

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I dithered and dawdled then gave it a second thought, went off and made a sandwich.....several months later.....the computer chose it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

from a one minute silence song there is a line " it's a long long way to Tipperary," back: "SOUTH CENTRAL" main:"Tipperary" in a rap style. its where i live and it was available, and TS from the licence plate Tipp south.

I was in the studio with them a few weeks back watching them play tracks from the new album, epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Massive Red Dwarf fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

My name is the model number of my Technics turntables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I'm not a particularly nice boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

I liked Superman but 'ManOfSteel' was taken at whatever the first online thing I signed up for was. I ended up with 'SteelGuy'. Then I got banned from Fark.com and came up with StealGuy.

But then everyone thought I was a troll - because 'StealGuy' made me sound like a thief. So I came up with 'RobDude'. Now instead of a thief, people just assume my name is Rob; but it's actually much sexier than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Sober-I don't drink any more, well I drank for my birthday but overall I've cut back in a big way since the turn of the year...drank twice in 102 days

Paddy-Well that's fairly self explanatory...I'm Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Maybe my username should be "another sober paddy". I don't drink at all.

My name is Thomas and my birthday is August 28th, hence the 828. Not terribly interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Good thread. Needs some input from Wibbs. Jonjo the miser etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Bit of that as well, have my tickets for the Friday in Heaton Park and the following Thursday in the Phoener! Can't wait! :D

me too! on both counts :), did you get your heaton pk ones in the post yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

theres a story behind every username

OrangeBud was the first green i ever smoked, it changed my life for the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I have a Dazzling Mickey.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

orangebud wrote: »
    theres a story behind every username

OrangeBud was the first green i ever smoked, it changed my life for the better

You're not a Protestant are you? :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Was in a room, looked around there were 7 computers in it, I was on the one I counted as 7, PC7. Wish now I'd put more thought into it, love some of the usernames on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stephen Biko

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Mine is just my name. I tried thinking up a bunch of them but everything was taken (mods isn't there anyway to free up usernames when the person who created them has only logged on once and never come back?). I lost my patience trying to think one up that wasn't alread in use after around the tenth time it got rejected and just settled on my name with a x and _ on either end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

A popular song at the time combined with my year of birth.Genius :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Cassidy28

I asked someone which name should I choose, and I just thought of the number myself, very interesting :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I'm lumpy and greasy on the outside and dark and gooey on the inside :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I drive a Honda Accord CL7. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I used to go on 4chan's /tg/ board quite a lot and one of their nicknames for the posters is "fa/tg/uy".

I'm actually slim in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

I live in a shed.:(

Advertisement