Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Did You Think Up Your Username?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Where'd you get your Username from??
    (Please move to more appropriate Forum where necessary please and t.y.)

Originally mine was born from the varying forms of emotions used such as bored.com and excited.com etc., which were becoming popular with the increased use of computers and texting etc. So I plumped for confused.com. Ironically it couldn't be any more apt if I actually sat down and hand-picked the name myself lol as I do come across quite confused at times lol!! :o:D Well I didn't really know the ins-and-out of setting up Accounts and names etc., but I was going for the actual dotcom rather than .com to ensure I wouldn't get into trouble if it was believed I was only on here pimping my business!! :confused::eek: Ironically as it turns out there actually is a Business of same name!! :P D'oh me!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Honestly, I have no idea, I was asked to enter a username to sign up and 'xzanti' just flashed into my head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

i got my name from a pair of nike runners from years ago.
    prometheus stole fire from the gods,
    i apparently, was unable to spell his name correctly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I get aroused by all types of Mugs..... Mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Mine is after a TV show about a daredevil pilot.

I am also a pilot. Not a daredevil though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's a bastardisation of my surname.
    Strangely when I signed up no one in the real world called me Gillo, no I'm very often referred to as Gillo in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I wanted something stupid that had absolutely nothing to do with my real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I've a cracking body and the honeys love me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Oblique Simpsons reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Pretty self explanatory me thinks.

I am what I am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

I chose my mothers maiden name

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Pretty self explanatory me thinks.

I am what I am

Same same

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

another name for a rubber sheath like item used to protect the penis during intercourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Rainbow drops were my favourite sweets when I was a kid. A couple of packets of those bad boys and a can of coke, and I used be bouncing off the ceiling for the rest of the day. Good times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I was going through a pretty hard time when I registered, and my username pretty much reflects how I felt at the time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

You'd have to ask my folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

My name...is Neo!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

My name...is Neo!

Your name is Thomas A Anderson, program writer for a respectable software company. You have a social security number, you pay your taxes, and you...help your landlady carry out her garbage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

My name, from a video game called Red Dead Redemption. Over the heads of non-gamers im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

I'm yer man.

from the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Went to college in Cork and the city lads found Padraig to much of an effort so they called me Podge, my fellow non urban housemates found this amusing and thus one night while drunk and stalking around our gaff impersonating a velociraptor, my housemates christened my drunken mutation as the Podgemonster.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

A customer I had's name was Carter P fly so I stole his identity cos I liked the sound of his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

I am 95% water and am a man.

and I like to surf.... in water...

ps. aqua means water.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

WP are two of my initials, and Rathead is in reference to Jimmy Sullivan the now deceased drummer of A7X (from his Pinkly Smooth days)

unfortunately people read it as W-Prathead instead of the intended WP-Rathead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Well, I was Duggy's housemate, and he was worried about me coming in and killing him so I signed up and posted to put his mind at rest.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74689591&postcount=496

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tripe man

I wanted to dedicate my time here to disproving and destroying with logic the liberal tripe that people often write on this site. So far my mission has been a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I played blindside winger (rugby) and was born in 88.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

My original name was Snow-Monkey

which is
    Male snowboarder who lives, breaths, sleeps, eats, everything sowboarding; progresses in snowboarding as much as he can
    That dude is a snow monkey

changed it to snowie because I don't snowboard for 6 months of the year any more, these days i got other interests so i changed it... :)

Advertisement