Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Did You Think Up Your Username?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I tried a good few names that were refused so I just typed a couple of random words as I wasn't expecting to be using it much. Kinda wish I had put a bit more thought into it, but I think people don't care much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

from a one minute silence song there is a line " it's a long long way to Tipperary," back: "SOUTH CENTRAL" main:"Tipperary" in a rap style. its where i live and it was available, and TS from the licence plate Tipp south.
    Thanks for looking after Liam for the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

KK4SAM wrote: »
    Optimistic about Kilkenny’s Gaelic footballer’s future accomplishments.

Absolute textbook example of "living in hope" here folks.
    Liam needed a little holiday is all. He's back home and is happy and content :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I was singing up to a Boy Hits Car fan site back in 2001 and I picked Skinfull as an ode to my favourite song of theirs "Man Without Skin", coz like, I'm a chick and all. Now its my name on all the sites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

In homage to a misunderstood personal hero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

I grew up on the south side of Chicago, and my family nickname is Rosie.

Unfortunately I picked my username before I knew about the whole 'D4' thing :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wibbles19

no idea why I picked Wibbles the 19 is the date of my bday which is today, go me ! jebus I'm fecking old

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Wibbles19 wrote: »
    no idea why I picked Wibbles the 19 is the date of my bday which is today, go me ! jebus I'm fecking old

Happy Birthday Wibbles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Opened a certain book at a random page and found this name.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wibbles19

Ah ta Rigger :D fecking 40 is an awful dose ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

My middle name followed by the number of posts I'm allowed before it self destructs.

Budgese is the language budgies speak, I've grown pretty fluent with the ten year old bird I currently own, he's the loudest feckin bird I ever met :mad: I needed something new, something to get away from the Manicsfan names I'd used previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Junior Jacon Jeese Jurger

I have no idea. Just came to me. It's bloody weird now that I think about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Bradidup is a name i made up as a kid that describes a fish in a pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

i had tried a few names but they were all taken.. i was getting impatient and just wanted a valid username.. i found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I just like when I log in and I get: Thank you for logging in, HandsomeDivil.

Sometimes I wink at the screen and say "No, thank you".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I got my username from a race car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Comeagain

Wishful thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I had an image in my head all day of a fat boy **** outside a cake shop.

True story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Wibbles

Ditto :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭vtec_vixen

It was always sorta confusing to explain, and I'd still get asked again anyway, so I made a moving image box thingy....

Gotta love the ole SSX games :);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭CajunOnTour

Haven't the faintest idea...I was drunk at the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I wanted just Aodán, but it was taken. The baxtard who has it has roughly 2 posts. I think it was boards I was signing up for (I use it in a few places) and it suggested Aodan83 as an alternative. Although now I feel like I should have lied so that you all think I was born in '83. Then when I meet you all some time in the future (totally a thing that will happen, I swear) you'll all be like "you don't look as old as your username suggests!"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was a wow geek once. I needed some sort oh name for my character. There was an item named hearthstone, so I made my character name shadowhearth. From there I just used it for most accounts as its not so popular. Most think I just miss spelled shadowheart lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Signing up for ebay I think? When I was 13 or 14, tried Mikey, taken, tried MikeyT, taken... looked around the room... saw mobile phone... Mikeyt086.

I kind of hate it but it is my username on a ridiculous amount of sites so I've just accepted it as my online handle. Really weird moment a year or two ago, a mate of mine who I have known for ages, he doesnt post on forums, or play online, or anything like that, barged into a room where I was alseep on a couch (student gaff), he was locked drunk and he shouted "HEYYY! WHATS UP MIKEYT086!" Kind of creeped me out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Toothpaste89

Seemed right at the time but now I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Remmy as in short for remington products which I had a few surrounding me when I first registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Looked at myself naked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

It came from my liking of this particular music album during the time I created my account...

Advertisement