Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Did You Think Up Your Username?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Have been jetski mad since i was 16... have had about 10 differnt skis to date and often dream about wave jumping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I didn't. My username thought up me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Skiup

nickename followed by an up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Biggins wrote: »
    There was a character off the television that was the complete opposite to me - so school mates somehow though it would be funny to call me after his last name!
    (I didn't get it myself at the time!)
    Since them, I've been using the name "Biggins" as an ironic pun. "Biggins" sounds harmless and evokes images of a bungling fool - sometimes an image I wish to reflect while I go about doing work more effectively and quietly.

I always thought it was from the character in the book [a pilot] from the 40's I think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pjmn

Nothing more than my initials....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I was at the dump looking for a new hat when I came across this box of Japanese detergent called scumlord that had my face on it. I did enquire about it with the company but it turned out to be the result of a joint venture between two large Japanese conglomerates, Matsumura happy potato food Inc. and Tamaribuchi industrial mops Concern. Their mascots, a smiling potato and industrial mop, merge together to form scumlord the similarity was a mere coincidence but I used the name scumlord online now because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I can't wear matching socks. Well I can, I choose not to, because generally they're all odd ones. I have a LOT of stripy socks, so wearing a pink stripy one with a green stripy one is the closest to a 'pair' of socks I generally get :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Gary Kelly, the Leeds and Ireland Right Back, is my favourite football player. From there it is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I had a much older account but when Boards was hacked back in whenever, I no longer had the details of the e-mail adress linked to my original Boards account, so I had to set up a new one, hence 2nd Coming!

The question is, who was I originally?

Mwah-ha-ha-haagh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

I talk a load of crap most of the time and I like waffles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

I was suffering from severe seretonin depletion on a suicide tuesday after a heavy weekend munching sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

i wanted to be unfunnys'brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

There was this cartoon the Pinky and the brain,which i loved like 15 years ago,and when internet cafes started popping up,i remember before getting a place to sit beside the one if it was full,they would ask your name or nickname to reserve you a place,so me and my friend were like pinky and the brain :D after a while they even knew us even without telling them its us :pac:
    So after many years i changed it a bit but some people or friends from the past still refer and remember me by the nick :p
    Ups just seen that im on different account here but wth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Mine is from this song by Creedence Clearwater Revival:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mxaA-bJ35s

Got into them after watching The Big Lebowski a few times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

It's the name of the high frequency driver in a loud speaker

mine is from the fact that everything anyone says on boards and elsewhere is IMO in my [their] opinion. dont forget that, it makes it much easier saving myself getting into timewasting with some muppets ;)

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I had a much older account but when Boards was hacked back in whenever, I no longer had the details of the e-mail adress linked to my original Boards account, so I had to set up a new one, hence 2nd Coming!

I thought it was a stone roses reference :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Mine came from the Aimee Mann song of the same name....
    Got into her after the soundtrack of the film Magnolia. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

It was sunny & I was in Dublin for the 1st time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sleep Comes Tomorrow was my handle on most other sites but it was too many characters for a boards account when I signed up so I shortened it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DB Cooper 23

I'm quite famous from the 70's. Google my name if you're not sure. Just don't tell the authorities about me (or the 22 others that seem to have used this name before me)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

It's my real name

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Its an abbreviation of a Hawkwind track. It was the lyrics of the first verse that hooked me all so many many years ago.

"I want to fly, I want to be free,
    I want to get high, I want to be me...."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

IM0 wrote: »
    I thought it was a stone roses reference :(

Bit of that as well, have my tickets for the Friday in Heaton Park and the following Thursday in the Phoener! Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gin Fizz

One of my fav cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sudsy86

Friends Father couldn't remember my brothers name one day, called him bubbles and it took...Was sitting in their living room one day and he called me suds...I looked at him to say WTF are you calling me and he said "well your a miny bubbles"...He passed away a couple weeks after and felt the name should be kept to honour the legend he was...My Brother still goes by bubbles also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Mine is simple. Two colors that mean a lot to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

My cat who is now dead:( She was named after Ziggy Stardust

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Channel Zero

Advertisement