Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Ireland rapper show

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Let's be honest, none of the Irish MC's will become the next Eminem. There won't be another Eminem in America, and that scene is a lot more developed.

Thank goodness. I hate Eminem at this stage.

As far as recording raps you can get audacity for free. Then you need a half decent microphone (I've Rode NT1) and an m-box interface to plug it into your computer. Maybe 250euro for the lot.

The only problem is home recording is tricky because of accoustics, not knowing how to process the vocal, needing to learn how to mix etc. A more realistic expectation is probably to make some reasonable demos at home, practice them a lot till it's as good as you can get it and then go to studio and record them quickly.

Agree wholeheartedly with Boom Bap. The Irish rap that's been getting attention lately is the stuff that's well produced. The scene was full of eejits ripping ugly Soundclick beats then complaining they weren't famous. I've bought so many wack mixtapes over the years. The rapping might have been fine but the beats would make your ears bleed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Agree wholeheartedly with Boom Bap. The Irish rap that's been getting attention lately is the stuff that's well produced. The scene was full of eejits ripping ugly Soundclick beats then complaining they weren't famous. I've bought so many wack mixtapes over the years. The rapping might have been fine but the beats would make your ears bleed.

I think the rhymes are also improving, people are paying more attention to how thier voice sounds over the beat as well.....not talking about accents.......talking about timing, flowing, ad-libing. All this together makes something entirely more listenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Seems like some mofos think tupac raped that chick ,man that pisses me off , didnt they see the documentary when he was in jail , it was just an ass grab ,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77663865#post77663865

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

cloptrop wrote: »
    Seems like some mofos think tupac raped that chick ,man that pisses me off , didnt they see the documentary when he was in jail , it was just an ass grab ,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77663865#post77663865

Seems like some people think this is a thread about 2Pac and not the Irelands Rappers TV show.

cloptrop - Keep this on topic, there is no need to promote threads you started elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I think this show was aired in the uk on BBc 3 last night, something to do with Irish rappers was trending on twitter and getting a bad response.

• Advertisement

Started again on BBC3 a few minutes ago, awesome stuff.

Advertisement