Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Ireland rapper show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Sure if you want to talk nonsense about what you don't know about you can.
    so lets wipe all discussion from the internet based on your theory, 99% of discussions on here are based on hear say, on things we dont really know about, on every forum for that matter.
    doesnt stop us talking about it, doesnt stop you telling us your opinion.

i know for a fact that redzer didnt starve for 4 days, nugget who is his mate said as much.

id say your young and naive, but i think you know your talking bollox, i think stubborn and pig headed is a better description.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

conor.hogan.2 & Hugh Cream - keep this on topic, and more of this carry on and there will be bans. If you want to respond, send it to me via PM, not on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Hearsay is fine, you stated it as fact which means you must know Redzzer.

You might want to spell properly before you call me young and naive. Insults, real mature.

Hearsay is fine, you stated it as fact which means you must know Redzzer.
    conor your talking bollox as usual.
    it is a fact that redzer did not go without food for 4 days, his mate said as much.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    conor.hogan.2 & Hugh Cream - keep this on topic, and more of this carry on and there will be bans. If you want to respond, send it to me via PM, not on this thread.
    its on topic, were talking about the ireland rappers show.

• Advertisement

You might want to spell properly before you call me young and naive. Insults, real mature.
    i didnt say you were young and naive conor.

You're. Considering you are obsessed with age (when you have no other actual valid points to make) maybe you should act it and have a bit of cop on.

You insinuated it and you have said it before to me and others and you actually called me much worse as you have no actual points to make and have to resort to insults.

I am not responding anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Infraction and ban have been served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Thank god I was off b eing busy today. Di dum di dum di dum dish . That was my version of 8 mile.
    Anyhu has anyone got a lin of this so called as gailge rapper rapping in Irish , All I can get is him rapping badly in english , maybe its his second language thats why he is bad .
    Im hoping hes good in his native tongue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

cloptrop wrote: »
    Thank god I was off b eing busy today. Di dum di dum di dum dish . That was my version of 8 mile.
    Anyhu has anyone got a lin of this so called as gailge rapper rapping in Irish , All I can get is him rapping badly in english , maybe its his second language thats why he is bad .
    Im hoping hes good in his native tongue.

All i can get is you posting on this forum badly in english, do you know any irish?? perhaps you don't and that's why you can't understand him..

Fair play to GMC I thought he rapped better than Bubba in that, first time I have heard that song.

This is a live version.

A few more videos if you move around the related videos/search for them.

Some of Kíla's tunes are quite hip-hop like but they are not a hip-hop act.

Now thats Irish hip hop Connor , thatll sell in the states
    The black fella is awesome , Celtic warrior he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

That's class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Let's be honest, none of the Irish MC's will become the next Eminem. There won't be another Eminem in America, and that scene is a lot more developed.

But at least the music is good and professional sounding. The music could be made with a shi*e load of interfence getting in, beats made by a 12 year old kid, the same kid who gets any 2Pac acapella, cut and pastes it onto a beat and uploads "Hate Me Now Nas ft 2Pac, Diddy, Eminem, Chingy, Ludacris, Twista."

The music is good. I've own GMC's Diggin' In The Hole, 2 Collie albums (I got to town, try ta get a ride but I can't :D) and a Class AZ album. I listen to the albums alongside my normal collection (US Hip-Hop, Bob Marley, Faithless) and they don't sound outta place in my eyes.

Exactly, my iPod could play Collie then Snoop then Cash and it is all good in its own way.

Anyone know the music program these lads use for recording their stuff , protools is like 600 quid and you need a box that costs around 300 to go with it, .
    Is there a good free recording program out there.

Most of them seem to have actual mics and a small studio on top of software not just a laptop and software.

Ive a cheap mic , I just want like an eight track sort of recording programme , to put bass guitar vocals etc down one at a time .
    I have no mates I have to play all the instruments by myself.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anyone know the music program these lads use for recording their stuff , protools is like 600 quid and you need a box that costs around 300 to go with it, .

They are using professional equipment and software.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    They are using professional equipment and software.
    So they are paying say 1000 quid on recording equiptment?
    Im just wondering is there a way to get it on the cheap , rappers being hustlers and all that .

As they showed in this Doc, nearly everybody who is good in Dublin recorded in Terawrizt place or in WCR place and class a'z were building an actual studio.

I presume the lads in Cork and elsewhere have a similar setup, as the quality the have does not come cheap so I doubt any could do it all on their own for long.

Ah I m not looking to make california love , has nobody got a program just to see what stuff sounds like that I can get for free , Im not expecting to release a single off it, just try out different ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

E-Jay hip-hop, a software programs which doesn't cost a lot, lets you make your own beat and lets you input your voice.

You'd need your own microphone, but there is no need to pay too much. Just make there is too much noise around you and you'll sound alright. I say around €25-€40 would be cool for a microphone, but I advise getting the crap ones for less money.

E-Jay hip-hop, a software programs which doesn't cost a lot, lets you make your own beat and lets you input your voice.

You'd need your own microphone, but there is no need to pay too much. Just make there is too much noise around you and you'll sound alright. I say around €25-€40 would be cool for a microphone, but I advise getting the crap ones for less money.

Deadly but id rather something that cost no money . I am gonna make a christmas number 1 and live off the royalties forever , microphone isnt important either , Im going to make white boy music like sweet home alabama or something ,

There are literally 100's of programs to do what you want, google and decide which one to download or buy/download.

There are literally 100's of programs to do what you want, google and decide which one to download or buy/download.
    Yeah they all seem to just give me a 14 day trial then try to bill me

Look harder.

Look harder.

Are you slagging my soft vision impairment?

• Advertisement

Fruity Loops have a free version, not a 14 day trial. But, you'll probably need to play with it for a while before you can get to grips with it.

The reason why Irish Hip Hop has become a bit more in the limelight now is in my opinion down to the production value that being is put in place. This has only happened in recent years, previoulsy, productionwise and sonicly, the music was horrible to listen to and very very basic.
    But you can see that people are investing more in the equipment and software side of things to improve thier craft. And it's paying off.

Advertisement