Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll show you mine, mark 2 - No quoting pictures!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

hunter164 wrote: »
    Me latest tattoo :)

Seen this on robs facebook page today...SAWEET....
    Im in with him next week to get some work done on me sleeve after the bruce gig....cant wait and hate living so far away from dublin at times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Thanks :) Rob and Darren are excellent and you'll never be in a sounder shop too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 clairebearxxx

heres a pic of my latest tattoo. i love it :) got it done 5 days ago
    took around 2 hours to do

• Registered Users Posts: 28 clairebearxxx

and this was my first tattoo. i got this done in wildcat ink in jervis street around 4 years ago now by marcelo. i love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My fishy is finished :)

finishedtat.jpg

Done by Christine Tobin in Devil's ink, Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not mine but clever

tumblr_m4quu1WstT1qenan7o1_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

^^ Did anyone else need to draw this on their hand and try it out? :o

Hours of entertainment! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Here is my latest, done last week. Photo taken straight afterwards.

532456_462473193777081_2146062935_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Here is my latest, done last week. Photo taken straight afterwards.

Dude, thats freakin insane. Fantastic work. Who's the artist, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Thanks man, I'm delighted with the work. It was done by Oscar in Two Face Tattoos on Dorset St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Thanks man, I'm delighted with the work. It was done by Oscar in Two Face Tattoos on Dorset St.

How I failed to spot his name at bottom of pic is beyond me. :o

Really is an impressive piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 xeiramnnax

This is my first tattoo I got done in December last year. My brother passed away, so he is looking over my shoulder. Love it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

wow - that's gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

my multiquote function won't work for some reason so

@lemsiper - that is awesome, it's such an unusual style!

@xeiramnnax - that done in JMDs? Looks brilliant

@xeiramnnax - that done in JMDs? Looks brilliant

It was done in J.M.D's. Joe did it for me. Delighted with it. Already thinking about the next one. He does some work in there. :)

xeiramnnax wrote: »
    It was done in J.M.D's. Joe did it for me. Delighted with it. Already thinking about the next one. He does some work in there. :)

Thought so, he has a unique style. Himself has been getting tattooed by Joe for over 15 years now, wouldn't go anywhere else at this stage. Going into him myself in a few weeks time to get booked in :D

Thought so, he has a unique style. Himself has been getting tattooed by Joe for over 15 years now, wouldn't go anywhere else at this stage. Going into him myself in a few weeks time to get booked in :D

Oh that's brilliant. I wouldn't go anywhere else myself now either. Actually, my boyfriend's brother just got a tattoo from Joe last week. He has a few others and like that, again, he is just amazed at the standard of the new one and it's just no comparison to the others he has. :)
    What are you thinking of getting done yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Got this done by Phil in Connected Ink yesterday, hurt like a motherfcuker but was worth it, came out exactly as I wanted it to.

Story behind it fwiw is basically I have suffered from severe depression since getting out of a very serious relationship that ended with him getting with someone else immediately after we broke up. My sense of self-worth and self-esteem plummeted and I had no confidence or sense of self for the best part of a year. Hated everybody and especially hated myself and was pretty miserable.

I'm pretty much better now in a job that I love with amazing new friends and I came up with the idea recently enough as a commemorative piece against my ongoing battle with depression and as a reminder that you have to love number 1 before you can truly love anyone else - hence the Roman Numeral 1 inside a heart. (I do realise it looks like an I but same difference I suppose).

I love it. It's on my ribs just under my bra line.

aNKGvs.jpg

xeiramnnax wrote: »
    Oh that's brilliant. I wouldn't go anywhere else myself now either. Actually, my boyfriend's brother just got a tattoo from Joe last week. He has a few others and like that, again, he is just amazed at the standard of the new one and it's just no comparison to the others he has. :)
    What are you thinking of getting done yourself?

It's kind of hard to explain but you know Joe, he just has this knack for pulling the idea out of your head and getting it down on paper. It's going to be a scene piece, similar to the style of yours. Waterfall, swing on a tree, two people sitting on the swing. It's going to symbolise my starsign gemini but it's not going to be like any other gemini tattoo out there. It's going to be black and grey with just one splash of colour in it. Can't wait to go in. I'm on crutches for the past 4 months so as soon as I'm off them I'm straight into Joe to get started, really looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

214953.jpgThe things I do when Im bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I like that sooo much. I am craving a new tat so bad but A, I has a holiday to Paris to save for and B, I also need to save for moving to Canada

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

hdowney wrote: »
    I like that sooo much. I am craving a new tat so bad but A, I has a holiday to Paris to save for and B, I also need to save for moving to Canada

Moving to Canada....We`re looking into doing the same.Get out of this kip place forever!!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Moving to Canada....We`re looking into doing the same.Get out of this kip place forever!!

Cool :) Thread derail but any idea where in Canada you'd like to go? I am still figuring it out!

hdowney wrote: »
    Cool :) Thread derail but any idea where in Canada you'd like to go? I am still figuring it out!

Dunno but somewhere that permanent residency is a possibility.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Dunno but somewhere that permanent residency is a possibility.

I am there with you 100%. Permanent residency all the way. Sayonara shiiiiithole :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm counting down the days till I can come home! I miss people :o

Lots of tattoo artists here though :D Hoping to get one before I leave if I can settle on the design!

It's kind of hard to explain but you know Joe, he just has this knack for pulling the idea out of your head and getting it down on paper. It's going to be a scene piece, similar to the style of yours. Waterfall, swing on a tree, two people sitting on the swing. It's going to symbolise my starsign gemini but it's not going to be like any other gemini tattoo out there. It's going to be black and grey with just one splash of colour in it. Can't wait to go in. I'm on crutches for the past 4 months so as soon as I'm off them I'm straight into Joe to get started, really looking forward to it.

Wow, that sounds beautiful. He is great for it, he wanted to know why I wanted it mainly, what was essential and then changed it all up and made it to what it is. Couldn't be happier with it. Love the idea of the tree and swing - be sure to post pics when you get it done. Would love to see that. I follow him on facebook anyway, so il be sure to keep an eye out! Best of luck with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

27799_1254658378288_2851001_n.jpg (7.5 KB)
    got this done at wild child in newry 14 years ago

Here is my back piece
    374649_2266912964020_719018639_n.jpg (13.7 KB)

• Advertisement

This is going to be my next one when i get back home
    9434_130476799284_826623_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement