Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Just looking at the tags below, what's the "Bon jovi on line 2" about? I missed that one, can someone give me a quick explanation?

The legend that isn't Brush Shiels apparently wrote some song/riff (edit below) that he claimed Bon Jovi ripped off him. He was hoping Joe would take up the case seeing as they share the Unfunny Friday stage.

Mercifully Joe didn't give it much air-time, but the standing joke here at the time was "Bon Jovi on line 2".

Never know, it might happen yet :rolleyes:

edit: sorry, it was about the name Skid Row, just saw it above. I'm shocked at how easy it is to forget the wisdom of Brush at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

The churches will be packed out for Communion and Conformation days....and Empty in the following weeks..............mark my words...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I did not want her held back by kids who could barely speak english or disruptive children from the halting site 2 minutes away

It may sound wrong but you have to try and do whats best for your kids

Nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

All religion is bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just want one of these Ashbourne residents to say "and they're letting black kids and Protestants into that school Joe and there's no room for my little precious"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

"I was brought up a a catholic"

Great!! Bring up your own children up as catholics if you wish, don't expect someone else to do it for you! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

All these supposed catholics become catholics once they can't get in the local school. I want my child to be in a catholic school ( as it's up the road from me and I'll miss neighbours if I have to drive the 20 mins to collect them from a further away school)

A la carte catholics - you just can't beat 'em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Joe really misses his RTE1 Show 'Spirit Level' that was axed a while back.

He now only has Liveline on which to indulge his love of Religious topics.

europa11 wrote: »
    The legend that isn't Brush Shiels apparently wrote some song/riff that he claimed Bon Jovi ripped off him. He was hoping Joe would take up the case seeing as they share the Unfunny Friday stage.

Mercifully Joe didn't give it much air-time, but the standing joke here at the time was "Bon Jovi on line 2".

Never know, it might happen yet :rolleyes:

Its a dispute over the name "Skid Row".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

So this topicis still going...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

surferdudz wrote: »
    The churches will be packed out for Communion and Conformation days....and Empty in the following weeks..............mark my words...

Exactly.

And what is the integral part of being a catholic - MASS

Hypocrites the lot of them

100% right there surferdudz

ah yes I remember the census well..........april 10th 2011..

Has anyone found Dublin 21 yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

vicwatson wrote: »
    All these supposed catholics become catholics once they can't get in the local school. I want my child to be in a catholic school ( as it's up the road from me and I'll miss neighbours if I have to drive the 20 mins to collect them from a further away school)

A la carte catholics - you just can't beat 'em

Let's call it as it is, they's a don't want their white Oirish kids mixing those kids of a different colour/culture end of...that is the elephant in the room, on this issue. :rolleyes:

Bought my Mammy tickets to Girls Night Out for Christmas... What have I done?? :eek::eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

surferdudz wrote: »
    " Lets educate together......"

I am suspicious about all this sudden huge loyalty to catholic schools??

The announcement yesterday that they were going to build a lot of new schools and the fact that the Minister for Education is an atheist might have something to do with it. Funny how people fail to see the failure of the construction boom where councillors rezoned for houses but not for the schools that should have been built along with the houses.

I'd have to disagree with just one thing, a priest throwing water over me and reciting some archaic spiel doesn't make me anything, would be like me reciting mumbo jumbo from Harry Potter over a baby and saying to its parents that it was now a Wizard, ie meaningless. I grew up catholic until I was 15 and realised religion was nonsense like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, now I call myself a humanist, I put no religion on census they should have humanist as an option.

I agree, i gave as part of my feedback that there should be a non-practicing option on the form. The problem is though that a lot of people are written down as Catholic when they are really non-practicing Catholic. My Supervisor told me this issue comes up every census. You yourself could have ticked other and written in humanist if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was Geraldeen from D'Apprentice not available to star in "Girls Night at the Musical" (or whatever it was called)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Junior Kids News ... sure even Bart and Lisa's News Show was cancelled because no-one was watching :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

:pac::pac:

here he is now

Whats annoying you this time you miserable whining old git

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Let's call it as it is, they's a don't want their white Oirish kids mixing those kids of a different colour/culture end of...that is the elephant in the room, on this issue. :rolleyes:

That elephant has just arrived.

Lapin wrote: »
    Has anyone found Dublin 21 yet ?
    I thought I had..... will keep lookin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh no.... is this yer man who comes on every time that hunt goes on the rampage in Meath???

And Joe, elephants do not have long faces, that would be horses or camals! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Have to agree with him. It was a bit mad in Fermoy yesterday for a while.

Pepsi-Elephant-Tower.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

is he going to start crying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A face to the voice

285197_1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Rogue elephants .....joe......this clown sounds like a fired employee...he sounds ghayyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

These elephants, Joe, they're being paraded like, like, like some kind of circus animals!

not sure about that,,,thats what gaelscoilleana are for?

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    Whats annoying you this time you miserable whining old git

I thought of South Park whre the Mayor says "Ah Mrs Broflovski, what seems to be pi$$ing you off today?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement