Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AF Forum Mock Draft 2012 interest list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cannot believe Martin got picked there for the Dolphins, I don't think there is any chance he goes that high. The Dolphins certainly don't need a franchise tackle and drafting one that high would be a waste of a pick. I think they have to go after Tannehill with all the positive talk going on about him. If they don't go after him then WR is probably top of their list and I don't think its too high to take Michael Floyd. He is a much better prospect and less of a reach than Martin imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

pm sent to JohnnyRyan, was logged on earlier so we should have the Chiefs pick soon enough

Lots of options for the Chiefs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

eagle eye wrote: »
    Cannot believe Martin got picked there for the Dolphins, I don't think there is any chance he goes that high. The Dolphins certainly don't need a franchise tackle and drafting one that high would be a waste of a pick. I think they have to go after Tannehill with all the positive talk going on about him. If they don't go after him then WR is probably top of their list and I don't think its too high to take Michael Floyd. He is a much better prospect and less of a reach than Martin imo.

Crazy picking a right tackle that high when they have so many other problems. Not a hope does Gilmore go at 10 either, even Kirkpatrick at 9 I'd have doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Morricone wrote: »
    Crazy picking a right tackle that high when they have so many other problems. Not a hope does Gilmore go at 10 either, even Kirkpatrick at 9 I'd have doubts.

Well I was just picking as per how I think the Bills would draft should that situation arrive. As I said in my post, LT is the position that the Bills really need. However, after Kalil there's none I see worthy of a top ten pick... maybe Reiff but I think he's a bit flawed to go that high. I do believe they'd attempt to trade down from #10 in this situation, but I don't see drafting Gilmore at 10 being as off the wall as you might think. After Claiborne I think he'd be the CB to fit in best with Buffalo. And I can't see either Gilmore, Kirkpatrick or Jenkins being there in Rd2 to then go for.

While Floyd was probably the BPA when I was drafting, I really believe the difference in talent between him and the pool of talented receivers for the 2nd round is not really that great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

deise_boi wrote: »
    Well I was just picking as per how I think the Bills would draft should that situation arrive. As I said in my post, LT is the position that the Bills really need. However, after Kalil there's none I see worthy of a top ten pick... maybe Reiff but I think he's a bit flawed to go that high. I do believe they'd attempt to trade down from #10 in this situation, but I don't see drafting Gilmore at 10 being as off the wall as you might think. After Claiborne I think he'd be the CB to fit in best with Buffalo. And I can't see either Gilmore, Kirkpatrick or Jenkins being there in Rd2 to then go for.

While Floyd was probably the BPA when I was drafting, I really believe the difference in talent between him and the pool of talented receivers for the 2nd round is not really that great.

Yeah you're hampered by the fact of who has been picked at 7 and 8 as I don't believe there is any chance the Jags will take Reiff and no way the Dolphins will take Martin at 8. Panthers won't take Kirkpatrick that high but the Bills will probably take a LT either way. I could see them taking Mike Adams if Reiff goes early. CB isn't that big of a need for them. Kuechly or Floyd would have made more sense i feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Morricone wrote: »
    Yeah you're hampered by the fact of who has been picked at 7 and 8 as I don't believe there is any chance the Jags will take Reiff and no way the Dolphins will take Martin at 8. Panthers won't take Kirkpatrick that high but the Bills will probably take a LT either way. I could see them taking Mike Adams if Reiff goes early. CB isn't that big of a need for them. Kuechly or Floyd would have made more sense i feel.

Yeah I see what you mean! I like Kuechly, he's a solid tackler, but I just can't see the Bills going ILB that early. And as I've said about the receivers, after Blackmon there's little to differentiate between some of the others (though I'm excited about seeing how Floyd does.. he's like a V-Jax Jnr :P)

I like Gilmore as the pick.. a big physical corner, above average ball skills, not afraid of contact and stays healthy! I see there being more chance of getting two starters picking cb in round 1 and wr later, than wr rd 1 and cb later. I suppose that's the fun of having the mock draft.. there's certainly surprises with some of the choices! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Sorry it took me so long lads! :o

Edit: Also FreeOscar's been pm'd!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

CSat-01--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg?width=620&height=465&interpolation=bilinear

Ingram brushes off reports that teams don't see a future in him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Travelling up to college now so won't be on the computer until tonight just in case people are waiting on my pick !

I think its a very interesting scenario if Floyd falls to the Seahawks and they take him. I think he is going to be a superstar anyways and he is just what you want with a new QB signed up, and then there is the benefit of having another Fighting Irishman there who could get a lift from the arrival of his former teammate and thats Golden Tate. It could be a huge signing in a lot of ways for the Seahawks.

• Advertisement

The Mollusc and the Cowboys were pm'ed earlier after the Cardinals pick and were on boards today so pick shoud be in shortly

I like that most drafters are pm'ing the next pick, fair play lads, I just do a followup

America's team, this pick will be closely scrutinized, NO PRESSURE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RGIII

Good pick for Seahawks. Doubt we do take Floyd but he would provide a weapon for Flynn and take pressure off Sidney Rice and Beastmode.

What is Stephen Gilmore doing in the top 10?! I've him graded as a mid 2nd rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

eagle eye wrote: »

Ok im not a dolphins fan and from reading up on them their starting right tackle Colombo was terrible last year apparently. So with Reiff (who was my 1st choice) off the board i made a need call with Martin.

Now i know they need a QB but no way could i select Tannehill there. I would rather he went elsewhere than pick him in the top 10. Osweiler, Foles, Cousins could be a good back up and in time could become the starter (Osweiler in particular) They could all be got late 2nd/early 3rd which for me makes alot more sense.

I guess the other main position of need is WR. Michael Floyd would be of interest at 8 but for me its too high considering it looks like a WR class of deep talent. Broyles, Adams, Streeter and Hilton could all be got in the 3rd/4th round and become starters as well.

So thats why i picked Martin. For me he was the best player on the board who filled what i think is a need for the Dolphins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

I have the Eagles ready to go and should be around later to post up, once the Cowboys have selected.

Not to be looking too far ahead but how are we going to work the 2nd round picks? The Saints are docked their's this year so from looking around it just looks like there are only 31 teams picking in that round. Should the final pick just be the 1st team in Round 3?

Oh, and definitely go easy on my selection (all you rabid, frothing Eagles fans ;)) as I'm new to this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You pick the same position as in round 1, whatever team that happens to be, so if you have 32, you will pick as the giants in round 1 and the colts in round 2.

That's how I'd imagine it would work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Anyone want to pick for the Mollusc ? I pm'd him yesterday after I made my pick. Nearly 24 hours later..

Mikemac 1 asked me to do it and I'm just after coming back onto the site. Will have it done in the next half hour.

Pick made, I think it makes sense for the Cowboys. Pm sent to SK1979.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

No way do the Cowboys take Barron over Ingram at that point imo.

Ok, I just posted up the Eagles pick. It was actually quite a tough decision, but decided on Poe. I actually think that if the real draft goes as our one, then they would select him.

Their only real need that I could see was Safety and it seems to be a very weak draft in that position. The best is certainly Barron, but he isn't even that great looking.

Aside from Poe, there were loads of other candidates, Brockers, Coples, Ingram or Cox could probably all be taken by the Eagles and its amazing that all are still on the board.

Obviously, with the Peters injury, an Offensive tackle might of been in their mind, but with 3 gone in the top 10, there's no way they'd take a chance on someone like Adam as high as 15.

Anyway, critique away. :)

• Advertisement

Poe would be a great pick for the Eagles
    Makes a lot of sense

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Makes a lot of sense
    Makes sense, but I think Poe will be a bust.

He has all the physical stats to be an exceptional player... but he has never produced on the field.

Its all well and good doing 44 Bench Press Reps, and Running the 40 quicker then your average LB, but he never produced in Pads in a poor division. Could be proved wrong, but thats the magic of the draft. You never know what will come of these players.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    Makes a lot of sense
    Makes sense, but I think Poe will be a bust.

He has all the physical stats to be an exceptional player... but he has never produced on the field.

Its all well and good doing 44 Bench Press Reps, and Running the 40 quicker then your average LB, but he never produced in Pads in a poor division. Could be proved wrong, but thats the magic of the draft. You never know what will come of these players.

I think you could be right. He could be a bust. His combine performance was unreal and out of kilt with his play for his college. The way the draft has gone though, the Eagles could really take any of the guys I mentioned in my post and they'd be ok. They don't really have any glaring hole so the guys picked here will prob only compete for some playtime this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

No pass rushers taken:eek::confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

SK1979 wrote: »
    Ok, I just posted up the Eagles pick. It was actually quite a tough decision, but decided on Poe. I actually think that if the real draft goes as our one, then they would select him.

Their only real need that I could see was Safety and it seems to be a very weak draft in that position. The best is certainly Barron, but he isn't even that great looking.

Aside from Poe, there were loads of other candidates, Brockers, Coples, Ingram or Cox could probably all be taken by the Eagles and its amazing that all are still on the board.

Obviously, with the Peters injury, an Offensive tackle might of been in their mind, but with 3 gone in the top 10, there's no way they'd take a chance on someone like Adam as high as 15.

Anyway, critique away. :)

Valuewise a v good pick. For me Poe will go ahead of the likes of Martin and maybe even Kuechley. Not saying Poe will b better than Kuechley esp but he'll go before him. The NFL loves big strong D tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

Don't think the Eagles would draft Poe myself. They drafted your man Mike Mamula in 95 who was the last big combine warrior. He was crap enough and I don't think the Eagles will fall for the illusion that is the combine again. I think they will sort the left tackle problem in the free agency or even move the right tackle Todd Herremans to the left. Wouldnt be surprised is they went for someone a little off the wall ala alshon jeffery. They need an end zone target for Vick to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

irish_man wrote: »
    Don't think the Eagles would draft Poe myself. They drafted your man Mike Mamula in 95 who was the last big combine warrior. He was crap enough and I don't think the Eagles will fall for the illusion that is the combine again. I think they will sort the left tackle problem in the free agency or even move the right tackle Todd Herremans to the left. Wouldnt be surprised is they went for someone a little off the wall ala alshon jeffery. They need an end zone target for Vick to hit.

I think a lot of people see similarities in Haloti Ngata and Dontari Poe, and Ngata was perhaps the best player drafted in 2006. Besides, it's not like Poe didn't produce in college. He had similar stats to Ngata.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Made my pick as the Jets there, drafted Melvin Ingram.

The Jets are widely tipped to take either Courtney Upshaw or Mark Barron but Barron was taken by the time I was drafting and Ingram had surprisingly been overlooked in my opinion so plumped for him and I'm sure the Jets fans will be very happy with the selection of Ingram.

Edit: Ive P.M.'d Eli Manning who's next on the clock with the Bengals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

barbarians wrote: »
    Made my pick as the Jets there, drafted Melvin Ingram.

The Jets are widely tipped to take either Courtney Upshaw or Mark Barron but Barron was taken by the time I was drafting and Ingram had surprisingly been overlooked in my opinion so plumped for him and I'm sure the Jets fans will be very happy with the selection of Ingram.

Edit: Ive P.M.'d Eli Manning who's next on the clock with the Bengals.

Good pick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RGIII

I hate Ingram as a prospect. Only a first round pick because of a poor DL class.

Advertisement