Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AF Forum Mock Draft 2012 interest list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RGIII

HigginsJ wrote: »
    same goes for #3

Don't know about that, Morris Claiborne is gaining some steam at that #3 spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

RGIII wrote: »
    Don't know about that, Morris Claiborne is gaining some steam at that #3 spot.

Smoke and mirrors from the Vikings apparently hoping someone desperate for Clairborne will try and trade up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Lads why are we waiting around for a pick that we all know is gonna be RGIII. We know I'm next with the Vikes and I'm gonna pick Kalil. Why not do it now and move onto pick number 4 quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Morricone wrote: »
    Lads why are we waiting around for a pick that we all know is gonna be RGIII. We know I'm next with the Vikes and I'm gonna pick Kalil. Why not do it now and move onto pick number 4 quickly.

we're waiting for you now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

OAOB... I'll be watchin what you do with interest. #BoltUp

C'mere... I agree RGIII should go 2nd so let the Vikes at it, be it Kalil or whoever, let's keep this going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Vikes have been pm'ed
    Morricone is around so should get that done shortly

I'm interested to see what DDC1990 and the Browns will do, a few different options

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Vikes have been pm'ed
    Morricone is around so should get that done shortly

I'm interested to see what DDC1990 and the Browns will do, a few different options

I reckon Blackmon or Claiborne.

#4 the draft finally gets interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

When people make their pick can they put in a few reasons for it, i think it would be interesting to see what peoples logic is behind the pick and it'll also give us a quick breakdown of the team needs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

T.Rich is the best RB prospect coming out of College since AP, and we have seen how that worked out.

An awesome runner, a guy who will win games for you with his power and speed.

Considered Blackmon, but while he is impressive, I don't think the impact will be as instant as Trents will be.
    With a WR, you are depending on the QB to put the ball in a position where you can catch it, something that I don't believe McCoy can do at present. With the Runningback, you just give him the ball and watch him do his thing.

Hillis showed that a good RB (even if it is just for a year), can do serious damage.

My justification anyway.

• Advertisement

Great pick. Richardson's a beast. Will be a great help for Colt McCoy

4 picks in 3 days, i'm not sure this is going to work - the clock should be 12 hours max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm pm'ed UnitedIrishman, they was on boards last night so should get this pick done soon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I'm pm'ed UnitedIrishman, they was on boards last night so should get this pick done soon
    Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Done, PM'ed adrian522..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Guys if you get held up by somebody who doesn't turn up give me a shout and I'll take their place. Thats if you have no reserve already of course.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Picked Justin Blackmon for the Rams, though I think they could pick at a variety of positions very hard to lass up this guy.

If they do take him at 6 it will make for an interesting year with Bradford back at QB, but I still think they need to address that O-line.

Edit sent a message to next in line JaMarcus Hustle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I think Cam is stepping aside to grade this competition: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77545072&postcount=79

But seeing as that was agreed a while ago now I'll hang on to get that confirmed before I post the Jaugars pick. I'll be back online in the morning but I would pick Riley Reiff if it is my go. So if Cam comes back on and says its my pick then #8 can work away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Fire away Guappa, it's all yours! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Fire away Guappa, it's all yours! :)

Cheers! Pick made and PM sent to HigginsJ.

I will also take this chance to post another picture of Shahid Khan's ridiculous moustache:
    IMG_0103.jpg

• Advertisement

Kaisergunner pm'ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

I think Martin is a huge reach at 8. I don't see Reiff going in the top 10 either if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I see Tannehill hasn't been picket yet. I hope to god it goes like this in the real thing also.

I see Tannehill hasn't been picket yet. I hope to god it goes like this in the real thing also.

If Tannehill goes in the top 10 picks it's mental, so much better talent available at other positions...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Tannehill goes in the top 10 picks it's mental, so much better talent available at other positions...
    Some teams draft the best available, some draft for need. If Tannehill goes in the top 10 then its because some team really needs a QB. Personally I don't rate him that highly but Mike Mayock seems very sweet on the kid.

I'd be more inclined to wait and make sure to get one of Brandon Weedon or even take a really big gamble and take Kellen Moore who could be Drew Brees 2.0.

Martin is a small reach ok but no where near as big a reach as Tannehill. I was going to take Reiff (was hoping jags would take Floyd)

I think the Dolphins will take Tannehill but it's a horrible move. The guy is not ready to start. Even Mayock who does like him says he is not ready to start. I would try and trade down to mid/late teens and add an extra pick if they wish to take Tannehill.

I agree with eagle eye. There are enough project QB's there and Moore is plenty decent enough to hold the spot for another season or two while they groom someone. Osweiler, Cousins, Foles all have potential and could be got in 2nd/3rd.

Kellen Moore is class. Cant see him ever making it as more than a back up though.

Kellen Moore is class. Cant see him ever making it as more than a back up though.

i've heard a lot of people say his future is in coaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I'm sure a lot of you are the same as me in that it's very hard to say a guy you loved in college football won't make it in the pros - heartbreaking almost. That's what we get for getting so attached to these guys :o

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Detroit actually, as a late round pick.
    They are on the look out for a new QB after Stanton left & Titus Young played with Kellen last year before he was drafted by the Lions, so he may be talking him up.
    He could end up being the number 2 QB as well in a few years, as Hill is getting on a bit at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Just made my pick there, I PM'd deise_boi as hes up next for the Bills. Dont know too much about College football so I probably made the wrong pick and passed over some quality prospects :o but sure we will see how it goes. :)

Advertisement