Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AF Forum Mock Draft 2012 interest list

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Want to swap for the Bengals?

I know mikemac obviously has final say but I don't think there should be swapping. The fun of the mock draft is going researching other teams needs and where they could get help, learning things you otherwise wouldn't know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I got the Jags and Packers last year and I knew nothing about the Jags and well the Packers didn't have a lot of glaring needs.
    So I had to read up and research them and go find the best players.

The random nature is half the fun, everyone knows their own team but learning about others will have you sorted for draft day

I did say I didn't have an issue with it and I didn't realy as posters can work it out between themselves

I'm not as good at organizing these as Eagle Eye but thinking about it, yeah no swopping.

You have the next three weeks so loads of time to read up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Cant wait for free agency. Have a few ideas in my head for the Dolphins but free agency could throw a spanner in the works!!

Pick 22 will be Browns not Falcons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TimThomas

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ok, list was randomly generated and here you go

Here is the first round to start with

1 Colts Spongey1975
    2 Rams neilster
    3 Vikings Morricone
    4 Browns DDC1990
    5 Buccaneers UnitedIrishman
    6 Redskins adrian522
    7 Jaguars JaMarcus Hustle
    8 Dolphins HigginsJ
    9 Panthers KaiserGunner
    10 Bills deise_boi
    11 Chiefs JohnnyRyan99
    12 Seahawks FreeOscar
    13 Cardinals malachyscott
    14 Cowboys The Mollusc
    15 Eagles SK1979
    16 Jets barbarians
    17 Raiders-x Eli Manning
    18 Chargers OAOB
    19 Bears Stev_o
    20 Titans kryogen
    21 Bengals BigBadRob83
    22 Browns Heffo001
    23 Lions Trippie
    24 Steelers Silver-Tiger
    25 Broncos Xfire Elect
    26 Texans Blured
    27 Saints-z RGIII
    28 Packers landsleaving
    29 Ravens mikemac1
    30 49ers Lionbacker
    31 Patriots kmart6
    32 Giants Bastardprince

I haven't put up a list for Round two yet but you'll find your team easily on the internet, your numbered slot here will be the same

x -- Goes to Bengals as part of Carson Palmer trade
    z -- Goes to Patriots as part of trade involving Mark Ingram

• Advertisement

updated, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

nice work, when do we start then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

i take it i cant entertain a trade like Cleveland 4 & 21 with a 2013 1st and 2nd haha

or Dan Snyder for the Redskins completely losing it like the Ricky Williams trade and bets the ranch

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Xfire Elect

Broncos, interesting. I'll have fun with them. Personally, at this moment in time, I can't see past a wide receiver.

adrian522 and neilster, you remain in the same slot but your teams have changed at two and six

We pick per the slot, not the team

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So I'm picking for the Rams at 6?

fine with me,,

Yes, Rams for you

You have lots of needs and lots of options :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

A good idea would be if there was a panel of 2/3 people who graded all the picks out of 10 after they were made, and then the average score given. Would have to be good explanation given on the grades though. I'd be happy to give up my Jaguars pick to someone in order to be one of the graders if mike thinks it's a good idea and there were other volunteers?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

A good idea would be if there was a panel of 2/3 people who graded all the picks out of 10 after they were made, and then the average score given. Would have to be good explanation given on the grades though. I'd be happy to give up my Jaguars pick to someone in order to be one of the graders if mike thinks it's a good idea and there were other volunteers?

Yeah thats a great idea ! I think we'd need to have a good variety among the judges though so that we don't show favoritism towards teams :)

Also, would it be better to grade a user, i.e how well they picked for various teams ? or else how the teams picked, i.e combining the picks made by different users ?

Also, would it be better to grade a user, i.e how well they picked for various teams ? or else how the teams picked, i.e combining the picks made by different users ?

I imagine if each pick is graded, it would be easy grade users and teams. All you're doing is changing what the numbers you're using. I'd throw it all up in an Excel spreadsheet anyway for transparency, would be dead easy.

A good idea would be if there was a panel of 2/3 people who graded all the picks out of 10 after they were made, and then the average score given.

Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Put me down as a standby if anyone drops out or steps aside to grade the picks.

You can have my Jaguars #7 pick Guappa.

List was getting lost halfway down the thread

Here it is, Redskins/Rams trade reflected

I expect you've all done lots and lots of research and found gems :cool:

Last year started on March 25th so we'll go with that for this year

1 Colts Spongey1975
    2 Redskins neilster
    3 Vikings Morricone
    4 Browns DDC1990
    5 Buccaneers UnitedIrishman
    6 Rams adrian522
    7 Jaguars JaMarcus Hustle
    8 Dolphins HigginsJ
    9 Panthers KaiserGunner
    10 Bills deise_boi
    11 Chiefs JohnnyRyan99
    12 Seahawks FreeOscar
    13 Cardinals malachyscott
    14 Cowboys The Mollusc
    15 Eagles SK1979
    16 Jets barbarians
    17 Bengals Eli Manning
    18 Chargers OAOB
    19 Bears Stev_o
    20 Titans kryogen
    21 Bengals BigBadRob83
    22 Browns Heffo001
    23 Lions Trippie
    24 Steelers Silver-Tiger
    25 Broncos Xfire Elect
    26 Texans Blured
    27 Patriots RGIII
    28 Packers landsleaving
    29 Ravens mikemac1
    30 49ers Lionbacker
    31 Patriots kmart6
    32 Giants Bastardprince

We starting this this week?

• Advertisement

I've not forgotton

Ok, I'll pm Spongey now who has the first pick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Have we done the draw for the second round yet or are people just picking in the same position?

Second round is same positions

The teams may change but your slot is the same

OK cool, that means I have the Jags in the second round, needs all over the place on that team :)

Should we get people to PM the next person in line to do their pick so it moves along smoothly?

I pm'ed Neilster yesterday afternoon straight after Andrew Luck got taken

He's on the clock but not been on boards in a few days now

I'll follow up

No worries, just might take a bit of burden off you if the people making the picks pm whoever is next in line ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Probably should agree on some sort of time frame to make your pick just to make sure this keeps moving along at a steady pace.
    I'd say if the have haven't decided after 3days then let mikemac or JMH make the pick (if they don't mind)

Don't think it's any big secret who is gonna be picked #2 anyway! :o

• Advertisement

same goes for #3

Advertisement