Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING:Risk Of Disruption,High Ground Snow/Ice Likely For Northern Regions, Sat/Sun.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Snowing here for the past half an hour, doesn't look like it in the video but coming down nice and heavy, sadly the best snow I've seen all winter outside of the hills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvThRZo5MiU

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Snowing heavy enough now, but not sticking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Bit of ice in the rain here, and some sleet. very strong gusts of wind too

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Is the worst to come during tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

No, activity should begin to diminish throughout the evening and only the north should continue to see some lighter showers.

This is the longest weather descriptor I've ever seen in a metar! Knock at 1 pm, light shower of rain, graupel and snow!

EIKN 181300Z 29021KT 2600NW -SHRAGSSN FEW009 BKN016CB 04/M01 Q1010 NOSIG=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Weirdest day ever weather wise, its snowing now, sleety wet stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Its 6.4c here at the moment, there was a brief hail shower earlier. Have a look at the dew points.

http://www.dromahair.galwaycityweather.com/trends.htm

Gerry Murphy on RTE just now, just the odd mention of wintry showers for the NW.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Just had a moderate rain shower in Cork, with the odd speck of sleet thrown in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Lightning (sferics) being picked up over parts of the NW at the moment:

193252.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Su Campu wrote: »
    No, activity should begin to diminish throughout the evening and only the north should continue to see some lighter showers.

This is the longest weather descriptor I've ever seen in a metar! Knock at 1 pm, light shower of rain, graupel and snow!

EIKN 181300Z 29021KT 2600NW -SHRAGSSN FEW009 BKN016CB 04/M01 Q1010 NOSIG=
    Lot of hype for nothing so, was hoping we might have seen some snow in Galway ;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Something of a feature moving south through Ulster now, i wonder what it is falling as?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Lot of hype for nothing so, was hoping we might have seen some snow in Galway ;(
    There was only ever a slight chance for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Something of a feature moving south through Ulster now, i wonder what it is falling as?

A mixed bag of rain sleet AND snow according to Net Weather Radar .. Can't post image thought as I'm on my phone here in work ! :( .. Would of loved to hav gone for a drove for some photos! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Fell mostly as snow here and gave a decent covering for a while

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A few sparks thrown in as well.

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/lightning.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Ballyhaise reported moderate rain from that shower on 4pm reports though temp fell to 2.0c. Snow reported at Knock - from the same shower that just brought rain in Tuam a few mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

Looks like a nice band of showers pushing down from the North. Hopefully they don't fizzle out and we get some snow showers.

www.kildareweather.com

Glenanne reported light snow showers at 4pm

sheet of snow or hail to my northwest, but shower may just stay to far inland for me here by the sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Plenty of thunder to be heard around here.

• Advertisement

Rain! snowy looking cloud though:o

Very heavy hail and squally showers in Meath i'm being told so they should make it to Kildare.

www.kildareweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

sheet of snow or hail to my northwest, but shower may just stay to far inland for me here by the sea!
    I abandoned my cycle training session due to this cloud ( was doing loops of of a circuit just west of the M1 near Balbriggan) as when I hit high ground that cloud looked very ominous. Could feel the wind getting stronger and very cold rain getting lashed against me.But am home 10mns and where has it gone?I would have put money on that cloud containing snow or at least more rain.

That band of showers is the remains of the comma system and has now just reached here with very strong squally gusts and sideways small hail and the odd sleety mush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Better chance as darkness falls for remaining showers to lie on North hills.

193262.JPG

prec_nordeuro-2.gif

We got the edge of it. Saw some snow flakes! That's it for the winter then, was terrific!

Gone very dark here in Naas and wind has picked up a fair bit. Last throw of the dice for here this afternoon so hopefully there is some snow to look at.

www.kildareweather.com

Big squally shower that passed a few minutes ago.... No snow from it though

50B86302E9E9479B9BBE6C618CC2F9A4-0000336016-0002742078-00800L-F56A91B83C5F42C6A44C5434B1CDE9D9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Had some quite strange clouds as one of the heavier showers of hail/snow passed through earlier (it looked more dramatic than the pic shows). Anybody know what type of cloud formation this might be?

20120218_151742-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Darwin wrote: »
    Had some quite strange clouds as one of the heavier showers of hail/snow passed through earlier (it looked more dramatic than the pic shows). Anybody know what type of cloud formation this might be?

Mammatus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement