Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

There is honestly nothing as fun as messaging Chinese sellers online. Their English is so cute, seriously. I asked about tracking info because I can't find any, "Friend, do not worry, let me see..." :o

Acoshla wrote: »
    There is honestly nothing as fun as messaging Chinese sellers online. Their English is so cute, seriously. I asked about tracking info because I can't find any, "Friend, do not worry, let me see..." :o

You should reply saying, "I'm not your friend, guy". Hopefully they'll also be a Southpark fan and reply saying, "I'm not your guy, friend"

You should reply saying, "I'm not your friend, guy". Hopefully they'll also be a Southpark fan and reply saying, "I'm not your guy, friend"

Not South Park fan, I don't get it :o Tough to get mad at them when they're so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Remember my imaginary child and my case study on her that I whinged about on here for a few days?! Got 90%.

Got 100% in two other assignments. And 60% in another. Ugh, 60%. Have to admit I put no work into that one and it was on something I pretty much hate but now I'm kind of annoyed at myself that it might drag me down at the end of the year. Bittersweet.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's way too early in the week to be this tired... :mad:

• Advertisement

Dress won't be here til the end of Feb, argh! It was meant to be here at the end of January, feck them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Applied for an internship maybe 2 hours ago - interview already lined up this Wednesday.
    Congrats, hope you get it.

Just washed my hair and before drying it, I put some Argan oil I got in Penneys on it, my hair now has a very slight scent of lemon.

Going to make more buns this evening I think.

Thinking of cinnamon and chocolate and cinnamon and apple.

I'm starving now, had waffles and eggs only three hours ago, how can I be hungry again?! Stuffing my gob with Tayto as there is nothing else in.

My nails are also in bits. :( Broken and the top layer is peeling off them. :( Not important, but I like having pretty nails, that were long and don't break easily :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

tomissex wrote: »
    Holy cow I got a bit left behind :p
    Had a wonderful weekend with the boy - gig, private pub crawl, cheeky hotel stay :D
    Major dilemma on my hands... I applied for the position in the Madrid Penneys and it'll be a little while before I hear about it. Trinity Ball tickets go on sale on Wednesday, ball is on when I could be in Spain....what if I don't get Spain?? Ugh what to do what to do!

Congrats on the job Seomra Mushie!!

Sad to see Storm and Rebel go, cake talk definitely scared them away. Cool it y'all! :p

Hope everyone is doing ok. Hugs for all! x :)

Fingers crossed baby Ivy pops out soon!

Trinity Ball usually sells out doesn't it? You could sell your ticket on if you get Madrid.

Have done no work all day but brought my dress to dressmaker's and it'll be all fixed and actually fit me by Friday, woop!

Oh, and good luck boney and Ivy!

Gaaaaaaaah my internet keeps going down, grrrrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ahahaha. My Dad and 16 year old brother are over from France for a few days. And my brother decided to put on my cousins spare school uniform and go into school with him pretending he's a foreign exchange student :rolleyes: Made my day.

Not too sure what happened in the end because I'm up in Cork...but I am assuming he got kicked out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Just washed my hair and before drying it, I put some Argan oil I got in Penneys on it

I don't even want to know how much (or how little, even) you paid for it - I paid €38 for a bottle of Moroccanoil on Friday.

Big windows in that Temple place, Bluewolf...

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I don't even want to know how much (or how little, even) you paid for it - I paid €38 for a bottle of Moroccanoil on Friday.

Big windows in that Temple place, Bluewolf...
    €38?! :eek:

I paid €2.50 for an 18ml bottle, which is still 3/4 full, even though I've used it about 3-4 times now.

I'd like to get a full size bottle, but couldn't hand out €38 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Novella wrote: »

Got 100% in two other assignments.

:eek: It is possible to get 100% in assignments? What college do you go to? Wow! Well done. They are brilliant results :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

€38?! :eek:

I paid €2.50 for an 18ml bottle, which is still 3/4 full, even though I've used it about 3-4 times now.

I'd like to get a full size bottle, but couldn't hand out €38 for it.

moroccan oil is pretty expensive all right

did it go ok honeyec? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

its sad storminateacup closed her account :(

you know, I was thinking of getting some sort of facial mask, but I've actually never used any before, so is there any that you guys would recommend that would be cheap enough for me to see how I get on with? I've somewhat blackhead prone skin, if that's any help.

Yeah, they were great. €20 for my wash & blow-dry, can't complain about that!

And the bottle of Moroccanoil is 125ml, which she said should last well over 9 months.

Links234 wrote: »
    you know, I was thinking of getting some sort of facial mask, but I've actually never used any before, so is there any that you guys would recommend that would be cheap enough for me to see how I get on with? I've somewhat blackhead prone skin, if that's any help.

Get the "Scrub Your Nose In It" from Soap & Glory in Boots. Think it's about €14 and it's BRILLIANT for enlarged pores. You can either use it as a daily scrub, or leave it to dry on your face like a mask. I love it. They also do another mask for blackheads called The Fab Pore, but I prefer the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Novella wrote: »
    Remember my imaginary child and my case study on her that I whinged about on here for a few days?! Got 90%.

Got 100% in two other assignments. And 60% in another. Ugh, 60%. Have to admit I put no work into that one and it was on something I pretty much hate but now I'm kind of annoyed at myself that it might drag me down at the end of the year. Bittersweet.

two 100%?!? :eek:
    That's amazing!! Isn't 60% still a 2.1 or something in college? which is still a brilliant result :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

About the online dating.. I met my Fiancé on a dating site. We met up awhile after, moved into together 2 weeks later. He asked me to marry him on our 3 month anniversary and we couldnt be happier :) Everyone knows how we met..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Links234 wrote: »
    hey everyone

can someone tell me, where's a good place to get reasonably priced women's combats? been looking for a while, and I just can't seem to find anything.

Try littlewoods lots here I have bought combats from here before by South.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Daughter is having a very hard time in school at the moment, teacher seems to have taken a huge dislike to her and is very tough on her. It was so heartbreaking to bring her back to school today after having been off since Thursday. I was so hoping that she would be happy going in this morning, but alas no.....we had tears galore yet again, with her wanting me to take her home. It was so hard to walk away, she is only 6 years old.

Huge hugs to anyone else who is having a hard time at the moment.

Hope things get better for her, it's awful that people as mean as that are allowed near kids!

as far as online dating goes, I met my girlfriend through boards :)
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    Get the "Scrub Your Nose In It" from Soap & Glory in Boots. Think it's about €14 and it's BRILLIANT for enlarged pores. You can either use it as a daily scrub, or leave it to dry on your face like a mask. I love it. They also do another mask for blackheads called The Fab Pore, but I prefer the other one.
    Thanks, that's a bit expensive, but I might give it a go ;)
    eep, I'd be really eager to try something on before I buy the, though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Trinity Ball usually sells out doesn't it? You could sell your ticket on if you get Madrid.

Yeah it does but you have to collect the ticket yourself on the day of the ball. And it says that you can't have someone else collect it...

Good luck Ivy and boney!

A dress I ordered from awear online arrived today. It was only €10 but there were only 6s left, I ordered it anyway cos it was so cheap. Just tried it on and the zip went up so easily! I'm so shocked and delighted! WIN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Well, I feel silly Links. I thought you were looking for combat boots :o I was wondering why you needed several pair.

jujibee wrote: »
    Well, I feel silly Links. I thought you were looking for combat boots :o I was wondering why you needed several pair.

Ah, lol :p

could probably do with several pairs of combat boots too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I want to donate blood this week but I've a feeling my iron might be too low. I'm awfully tired lately and my hair has been falling out a lot for months now. The last time I went, my haemoglobin levels were at 12, the absolute minimum for donating blood.

I r broken :(

I saw your new clothes in the Latest Purchases thread tomissex, I heart your skirt!

For the first time, in the 2.5 years we've had him, our cat is sleeping on my lap :eek: He never sits on me, only the boyfriend....I'm scared...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

tomissex wrote: »
    Yeah it does but you have to collect the ticket yourself on the day of the ball. And it says that you can't have someone else collect it...

Crap. Could you get someone else to buy you one, or is there a teeny tiny limit on the number of tickets per person?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement