Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

bubblefett wrote: »
    Well, last night was one of the scariest of my life.

Parents joint 60th in their house, everyone was settling in and getting on, and myself and the OH started serving up dinner.
    My gran came in, asked for what she wanted- then just suddenly stopped. I thought she was struggling with the plate and her wine so I called over my friend to help her into the other room. Then my eyes locked with hers and I realised "F*** she's having a stroke."
    The next part was a blur but the OH explained it all to me after- I yelled for my mom and said to the OH "get the kids out of the room, she's having a stroke". She came running and we got to her just as her legs went from under her. We got her sitting and my aunt mom and sister kept talking to her while I ran out to call an ambulence.
    I put my nephews upstairs with a film on (all under 9, didn't want them to see anything), got my little cousins (13 and 15) out onto the road to look out for the ambulence. Had to calm my dad and uncle down from having a panic attack.
    When the ambulence finally arrived and took her away my aunts and uncles insisted the party keep going, saying gran would have wanted that. So me, the OH and my friend went around with loads of wine and beer and loaded everyone up on drink.
    The night went on, we got the call that granny was doing better (which called for more drink) and people seemed to enjoy themselves considering.

That moment when I saw it in her eyes though keeps playing through my mind, can't stop thinking about it. It was terrifying, I don't think I've ever been so so scared.

OMG that must have been awful for you, but by the sounds of things you did everything right, well done on keeping your head!
    Hope she is doing better soon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Parents joint 60th in their house, everyone was settling in and getting on, and myself and the OH started serving up dinner.
    My gran came in, asked for what she wanted- then just suddenly stopped. I thought she was struggling with the plate and her wine so I called over my friend to help her into the other room. Then my eyes locked with hers and I realised "F*** she's having a stroke."
    The next part was a blur but the OH explained it all to me after- I yelled for my mom and said to the OH "get the kids out of the room, she's having a stroke". She came running and we got to her just as her legs went from under her. We got her sitting and my aunt mom and sister kept talking to her while I ran out to call an ambulence.
    I put my nephews upstairs with a film on (all under 9, didn't want them to see anything), got my little cousins (13 and 15) out onto the road to look out for the ambulence. Had to calm my dad and uncle down from having a panic attack.
    When the ambulence finally arrived and took her away my aunts and uncles insisted the party keep going, saying gran would have wanted that. So me, the OH and my friend went around with loads of wine and beer and loaded everyone up on drink.
    The night went on, we got the call that granny was doing better (which called for more drink) and people seemed to enjoy themselves considering.

That moment when I saw it in her eyes though keeps playing through my mind, can't stop thinking about it. It was terrifying, I don't think I've ever been so so scared.

Ah sorry to hear that,strokes are horrible,my dad had one few years back,hasn't been quite the same since,I hope your gran will be alright,by the sounds of it she got to the hospital fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I've never posted here before (but I followed volume 3 and 4). I'm having a **** day. So I figure I might as well start....so Hello :)

Original sunday plan: get up early, start doing some study, run, other productive tasks...
    New sunday plan: eat 100g bar of dairymilk

(....I've been following this thread long enough to know that 100g of chocolate is nothing in comparison to cake, but I have no cake :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OMG bubblefett that must have been so scary. Well done on keeping your cool though. Sounds like she got to the hospital fast so that's a good thing. I hope she's doing better today. *huge hugs for you* xx

kate.m - Welcome to the thread! :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

careymary wrote: »
    I am so annoyed with myself right now, I was applying for a second year visa for my brother for australia and was hyper conscious about entering all the correct details, checking everything, over and over again. just pressed submit, and realised i f**king entered the wrong ending to his email, I entered .com, when he is .ie, I wouldnt mind but I also picked email correspondance, was looking for a way of changing / alerting them, think I found a way but oh I want to cry with frustration!!!!!!!!!!! I am such a div!

Hopefully it'll be easily solved!

(I can trump that though. When I was job-hunting a few years back, I was applying for jobs mainly via email and online applications. Wasn't getting any response back for ages, the only replies I got were from paper applications. Then someone replied and said they couldn't open my CV.. I had been sending it in the wrong bloody format all along!

Felt like such an idiot, but at least there was an actual reason for the lack of response... not a good one, but still... :o)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no careymary, that's crap- I'm like that, always rechecking forms like a maniac. There must be a way it can be changed though, no? Stupid .ie e-mails! There must be a way of contacting them by telephone though, no? :(

Bubblefett, that sounds so scary!
    Glad your gran is doing a bit better now, it's a good thing she wasn't alone when it happened. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Oh wow, that's frightening! Well done for the quick thinking. It sounds like you handled it perfectly. Hopefully your gran will continue to improve *hugs*

kate.m wrote: »
    I've never posted here before (but I followed volume 3 and 4). I'm having a **** day. So I figure I might as well start....so Hello :)

Original sunday plan: get up early, start doing some study, run, other productive tasks...
    Hi Kate! :)
    I like your new Sunday plan. Mine went:

Old Plan: Practice piano, get typing speed up, read my French books and maybe learn a new verb and read my accounting books in case I get offered the course I applied for.
    New Plan: Eat rice krispies and watch the TV. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bubble thats awful scary but you did everything perfectly i reckon so well done
    and im glad she's not too bad xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

(....I've been following this thread long enough to know that 100g of chocolate is nothing in comparison to cake, but I have no cake :( )

Hey Kate :)
    in fairness i think new Sunday plan is far better than the original :P
    what are you studying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I woke up and had cake for breakfast, I have many issues. Enjoy your chocolate, its good for you! Might perk you up and you can get some study done later :)

Not even midday on a Sunday and I'm in college and will prob be here till dark :( Have to meet with this stupid group I'm on for a class, I really don't like them. One guy sent an email this morning suggesting we put a photo of ourselves on our paper due next week :confused: Yeah cause that's appropriate in a masters.

Loads of work to do this week even thought its midterm. But Tuesday is half price day at the cinema. I always have classes on a Tuesday so gonna take the day and see as many films as my bum will allow me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i didn't have cake but i had a flake which rhymes with cake so it's close enough

and homemade icecream in the magic machine which is kinda cool after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Western night - at least it wasnt that no one wanted you, but I am sure that was little relief when you wanted the ground to open up and swallow you!
    Posy - yeah i am trying to avoid calling them, they will prob just want to speak to him and not deal with me, i wouldnt mind if it had been my own application but when you are doing something for some one else, i just feel like a div!
    Kate m - I like the sound of new sunday better!
    All the food talk is making me hungry now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was wierd, I went into a complete autopilot, can't even remember most of what I was told I did.
    I do remember standing with my 13 year old cousin at the corner of the street waiting for the ambulence, him crying but trying to hid it, and me just hugging him.
    Ah family gathering, can't ever have one without drama eh?

bluewolf wrote: »
    i didn't have cake but i had a flake which rhymes with cake so it's close enough

Can I has icecream with flake? Please? :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bubblefett

Holy crap! Hope you're alright. FYI your reactions in a crisis are verging on super heroic, wowzers!

*hugs and squishes you*

im having my friend over tomorrow evening to show her the machine and make some more
    but i think gallifrey is a bit far for you to make it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God bubblefett, that must have been terrifying. It's good though that she had people around her who were quick thinking.

Hope she gets well soon.

Ivy, you're still here!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

what kind of ice cream? 111 :P you must include details bluewolf :D
    oh i see what you did there....ice-cream....cool.....:pac:

(yeh i'm procrastinating. essays are the bane of my life :( )

• Advertisement

musical.x wrote: »
    what kind of ice cream? 111 :P you must include details bluewolf :D
    oh i see what you did there....ice-cream....cool.....:pac:

(yeh i'm procrastinating. essays are the bane of my life :( )

lumped some strawberries, frozen milk cubes (pour milk into ice trays), condensed milk, bit of cream, bit of sugar into the machine
    lovely very pink nicecream :)

i have to admit, the protein one sounds good:

Ingredients:

8 Egg Whites, whipped stiffly
    4 scoops Protein Powder (Banana, Strawberry, Chocolate, or any flavor you like would work)
    2 tbsp Sugar-Free Syrup (Maple, Strawberry, Blueberry, Chocolate, Vanilla, or any flavor would work)
    Pinch of Cream of Tartare

Posy wrote: »
    Ivy, you're still here!! :eek:

Yep, he's a stubborn fecker it's true!

I'll be induced on Tuesday if he hasn't arrived by then!

he'll still be living at home when he is 30 :pac:

he'll still be living at home when he is 30 :pac:

*weeps softly* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jeepers Ivy is still here! :eek:

No idea why but this song has been in my head since I woke up..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

bubblefett, that sounds really frightening but it sounds like you kept your head and did all the right things! At least there were people around to help your gran, and she's getting good care now! I hope you're alright x

Welcome to the thread kate.m :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    bubblefett

Holy crap! Hope you're alright. FYI your reactions in a crisis are verging on super heroic, wowzers!

*hugs and squishes you*
    Ah thanks Das :o

im having my friend over tomorrow evening to show her the machine and make some more
    but i think gallifrey is a bit far for you to make it :pac:

I knew relocating would have downsides :( :P

Oh and this is the (out of focus) family tree cake I made my parents :)426254_10150784108084918_639164917_12403703_1517581844_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

*hugs* for Bubblefelt, and fair play to you! Hope you're both alright. xx

I'm having such a great day! Getting so much done and I've watched some Friends and had a lovely lunch and chatted on the phone to a friend and a lot of things I've been worrying about seem to be resolving themselves. There's a place I want to get accommodation in Paris but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to apply because I have to have an unconditional offer from the French university itself before the application deadline in March, and we don't get those until we get the required average in our second year exams (which we don't find about about until late May). So I emailed the law school exchange operator to find out what to do and she said that anyone who got an offer in the first round has an unconditional offer and that it's assumed I'll comfortably get the required second year results so I'll be getting letters and emails from the French university soon and can apply for the accommodation as soon as I get my passport. Woohoo :) (If I don't get a place where I want though it's going to be an absolute nightmare so fingers crossed I do!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

A boy made me a mix cd. I love mix cd's. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement