Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

bluewolf wrote: »
    omg new fringe :D:D:D:D
    Tigger99 wrote: »
    Bluewolf do you have pics of your fringe?
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i meant the show :o:o:o

This had me in stitches.....LOL:D:D

412224_10150574958878429_518498428_9183122_929571661_o.jpg

Musha with her new friend.

Possibly what I'd like is a few smaller filled in stars around the other two.

Or else, this was another design I was contemplating, but in black, and better drawn, of course :P

IMG_20111216_120409.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

there is a pic on kyl

lordy i feel large in this dress

maybe i should wear my blue dress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I stopped at one and then got it lasered off. Owie owie owie.

Looking forward to take me out tonight. It's no gladiators but it's the best Saturday night show that's been on for a long time.

It's never gonna be as good as it was a few weeks ago with that KNOB on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yikes it took me so long to read everything I'd missed.. I had about 10 pages! :eek: Was a bit disappointed that the thread's vibe turned slightly bitchy for a time there and that we've lost 2 loungers. Hopefully they'll return in the future.

Anyway, I suppose I'd better get on with my post. Bear with me, I've had a lot to read, lots of messages for people. Here goes.

Seomra Mushie, I was really shocked reading about your Dad. Is he okay now? There really are some bad people out there. Also congratulations on getting the job! :D

The Lovely Muffin, I hope your Dad is okay. x

Any news from Ivy? I wonder did our honorary niece/nephew arrive yet? :)

pixiebean, congratulations on being made permanent! :D

Boney, what tattoo are you considering?

musical.x and Sephiroth_dude, I would just like to apologise for my swearing in earlier posts. :p

I'm a little bit sad today. My gran is going into the nursing home on Monday. Her house is like a meeting place for the whole family and it just won't be the same without her. I'm not sure I'll go to the house anymore. I saw her earlier and it was sad thinking that today was the last time I'd see her in her own house. I don't know how to feel. I went to SuperValu earlier and bought comfort food. I know I shouldn't have. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Musha with her new friend.

Possibly what I'd like is a few smaller filled in stars around the other two.

Or else, this was another design I was contemplating, but in black, and better drawn, of course :P

[/IMG]

what does that drawing represent? it looks really familiar.
    yeh its great that its kind of hidden. that way its not constantly in your face and its a talking point when people do get a glimpse of the stars.

its ok jane...we forgive you! :P
    maybe ivy is busy in labour. would explain the absence :)

musical.x wrote: »
    what does that drawing represent? it looks really familiar.
    yeh its great that its kind of hidden. that way its not constantly in your face and its a talking point when people do get a glimpse of the stars.

The design is "Ohm" and the words in it come from Slaughterhouse Five, which is my favourite book ever.

new_stars.jpg

That's somewhat like I was contemplating on getting, but obviously better drawn, the same colour (couldn't find any black star brushes on a quick search) and better positioned.

You're looking well tonight, bluewolf! Miaow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I had to crop that tattoo pic cause it was taken during a very drunken Ann Summers party and I'm wearing only a bra and have a thong on over my jeans :rolleyes:

Random things that make me laugh:

The way Boru sits; dutch ovens; making myself a beard or a Mohican out of bubbles when I'm in the bath; my sister saying "Grassy Arse" to Spanish waiters with a perfectly straight face; the "making up a dance" dance, particularly when mam does it; LolDogs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

okay blue dress on instead :pac:

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I had to crop that tattoo pic cause it was taken during a very drunken Ann Summers party and I'm wearing only a bra and have a thong on over my jeans :rolleyes:

*cough* methinks the unedited picture should be put up!

bluewolf you look really pretty. :D

boney that would look really good! really makes the whole thing pop.
    i'm so excited for you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I want a new tattoo!

I have five pretty big pieces, and my mam always offers to pay to get the last one I got lasered off!

Hi everyone.

Hi RxQueen. :) What tattoos have you got? I want another one too but have no idea what to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Internet, y u no work?!

Driving me mad. Phone keeps cutting out too.

God, I may have to read or something.

Ha, a friend of mine works for the National Gallery in Dublin and she just put up a Facebook status update about how she was giving someone a tour around and seemingly it turned out that they were, in fact, the Chinese Vice President.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Anyway, I suppose I'd better get on with my
    I'm a little bit sad today. My gran is going into the nursing home on Monday. Her house is like a meeting place for the whole family and it just won't be the same without her. I'm not sure I'll go to the house anymore. I saw her earlier and it was sad thinking that today was the last time I'd see her in her own house. I don't know how to feel. I went to SuperValu earlier and bought comfort food. I know I shouldn't have. :(
    Awww Jane I'm sorry... It's hard when that happens, my grandparents' house was the same. It can be so hard to get a place in a good nursing home though, so she's lucky, this way your gran will be well looked after and will have all the care she needs in one place.

RxQueen wrote: »
    I want a new tattoo!

I have five pretty big pieces, and my mam always offers to pay to get the last one I got lasered off!

Hi everyone.

hi :D
    what is it? jeez she must really hate it :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love netflix :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

RxQueen wrote: »
    my mam always offers to pay to get the last one I got lasered off!

I have one I really hate if she feels like extending the offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bah - my sister earlier commented on me having developed a belly and now I'm feeling really really self conscious - what makes it worse is that she had an eating disorder for years so I really don't think she should pass judgement. It's the first time in years I've actually been a healthy weight for a guy, but now I just feel like I need to do more exercise than I do (which I do quite a lot of) and eat less.

Gee, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Waffles and beans for dinner, still pissed off at not being able to out go for dinner tonight, I was so looking forward to it and spending time with my boyfriend.

Oh well, hopefully will see him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

I'm thinking of changing my username now that I'm using Boards again regularly. It's funny considering my username is not actually my name? It couldn't be closer to it at all actually :)
    Watching the snooker now :) Wish I had a few cans to lighten up the nights mood.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Oh yeah, we had a birthday party for my flatmate last night and there ended up being four cakes - one we made for her, one she bought, and two that other friends brought along. So much cake! I had bits of two of them last night and then had some of a third one for my breakfast today :)

I hate tidying up after parties though! Why do people leave half-full glasses in the weirdest places, why did someone drop icecream on our kitchen floor and leave it there, and don't even get me started on manky ashtrays...

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

@ Jane_LS_88 sorry about your gran. Big hugs to you.

Well loungers, hope everyone's having a great weekend. Had my date last night with the boy from work. It was definitely a date this time!

We went to see the Muppets film, it was really good. Towards the end of the film he took my hand & I just wanted to squeeeee :D Then we went for a walk to get some food, and after that he asked me if I was in a rush off. So of course he said no, and he asked me back to his for some tea or coffee. So we headed to his, and I was introduced to his sister as she was on her way out. He made me tea and we cuddled on the couch watching Tallafornia of all things & then he put on an Alan Carr dvd.

And we had a smooch :D Not a big long smooch but it was lovely, and he kissed me again when he walked me back to my car. So all in all it was a really, really lovely day. He's such a gent!

I'm really loving this whole phase, and it's nice that it's going slowly, that we're not rushing things. But there's a curious part of me that really needs to know what he's thinking in terms of where it's going. I like him so much, and I'm really afraid that it's not going to work out, just because in the past, when I've felt this way about a guy it hasn't worked out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I have one I really hate if she feels like extending the offer...

I can help with that!

Cheese_Grater.jpg

mariebeth wrote: »

Well loungers, hope everyone's having a great weekend. Had my date last night with the boy from work. It was definitely a date this time!

We went to see the Muppets film, it was really good. Towards the end of the film he took my hand & I just wanted to squeeeee :D Then we went for a walk to get some food, and after that he asked me if I was in a rush off. So of course he said no, and he asked me back to his for some tea or coffee. So we headed to his, and I was introduced to his sister as she was on her way out. He made me tea and we cuddled on the couch watching Tallafornia of all things & then he put on an Alan Carr dvd.

And we had a smooch :D Not a big long smooch but it was lovely, and he kissed me again when he walked me back to my car. So all in all it was a really, really lovely day. He's such a gent!

I'm really loving this whole phase, and it's nice that it's going slowly, that we're not rushing things. But there's a curious part of me that really needs to know what he's thinking in terms of where it's going. I like him so much, and I'm really afraid that it's not going to work out, just because in the past, when I've felt this way about a guy it hasn't worked out :(

Thanks mariebeth. :) And how exciting for you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

getting ready to go out and getting my funk on, why cant pubs and clubs play decent music these days

• Advertisement

mariebeth wrote: »

delighted for you. you totally deserve it :) glad it finally turned to "Date" territory :p dont worry about the past though. that will just hold you back. just keep in mind that this is a different person and a different situation. just go with the flow :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement