Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Waiting for my brother to stop watching stupid snooker so I can get my ice-cream and watch some of the stuff I have recorded on Sky+. Hurry up, I need my Cookie Dough dammit! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

musical.x wrote: »
    delighted for you. you totally deserve it :) glad it finally turned to "Date" territory :p dont worry about the past though. that will just hold you back. just keep in mind that this is a different person and a different situation. just go with the flow :)

Thanks hun. You're totally right, it is a different situation and a very different person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Evening loungers!

Glad the date went well mariebeth, sounds promising! :)

I have wanted a tattoo for so long. Think it will be my prezzie to myself when I get down to my goal weight :)

Spotted David Morse in a film on RTE1. He's one of those people that are oddly attractive to me along with William Petersen. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Spotted David Morse in a film on RTE1. He's one of those people that are oddly attractive to me along with William Petersen. :o

Nothing to be ashamed of there!

• Advertisement

Cookie Dough ice-cream and Criminal Minds. Life is okay. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Went to see the muppets tonight & I think I was that annoying person in the cinema everyone hates, everything was just so funny to me. Then started crying at the end. Best to watch movies away from people in future! Would give my left arm to watch the muppets take manhattan now, on a total kermie buzz. <3 the Muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Waffles and beans for dinner

I had this but with fish fingers, one of my favourite "bold" dinners!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Today is my mam's birthday. We went out for dinner and it was sooo yummy. :)

Gotta love finding little random things on Google -

Search for this in Google:

(sqrt(cos(x))*cos(400*x)+sqrt(abs(x))-0.4)*(4-x*x)^0.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Had a lovely dinner out :)

Have to knuckle down tomorrow and really focus on assignments :( Someone put the coffee pot on in the morning, k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Christy Moore on RTE1. :D

Can still remember taking my Dad to see him over the summer. Great memory really. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Oh Gawwwwwwd Christy Moore is on RTÉ1 now, my granny is listening to it and it is blaring.

There are times when I wish there was no sound on our T.V, this is one of those times......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had a lovely dinner out :)

Have to knuckle down tomorrow and really focus on assignments :( Someone put the coffee pot on in the morning, k?

no problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Christy Moore was a good friend of my Grandad, used to visit once a year when he was alive :)

I am going insane on these Saturday nights in. I know I go out Thursday and Friday nights, but still! I'm not used to it! Even though I'm very tired and still feeling delicate, I'd a give a club a go just to do something :pac:

Oh Gawwwwwwd Christy Moore is on RTÉ1 now, my granny is listening to it and it is blaring.

There are times when I wish there was no sound on our T.V, this is one of those times......

I can't stand Christy Moore, ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Met him before, he's a gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Acoshla wrote: »
    +1,000,000.

I find him utterly boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Dolorous wrote: »

I wonder how hard that is to do? He certainly seems very approachable.

I'd love to meet him. Pretty sure my Dad would too....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dolorous wrote: »

Isn't he just! My nanny used to make such a big deal when he would visit. He would get to use her parlour, a room she kept locked every other day of the year usually :pac: And he would give me and my brothers a tenner and my Dad tickets to his show. My Grandad is a little famous because he fought in the Spanish Civil War, and Christy wrote a song about it and put a dedication in a book for him, his children and grandchildren, that me :D

I'm proud of all the things my Grandad did and people are always telling me how great it was. But I'll always remember him as my Grandad who lived with us and gave me Werthers and turkish delight and told funny stories and loved Live at 3 and Mr Bean! I loved having my grandparents with us growing up, we were really close. Him and Nanny were just great characters! So friendly and funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I wonder how hard that is to do? He certainly seems very approachable.

I'd love to meet him. Pretty sure my Dad would too....

I met him through a work function, briefly worked with his son also. Both lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Seomra Mushie, I was really shocked reading about your Dad. Is he okay now? There really are some bad people out there. Also congratulations on getting the job! :D

He is, but he was pretty bad the night it happened! He has decided not to press charges but the guards will be keeping an eye on the guy. He's hoping the guy will be caught drink driving and will be put off the road. I looked at where it happened the next day. The jeep track is actually up on the bottom of the ditch and my Dad was inside that between the jeep and the barbed wire on the top of the ditch. :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Left Discovery on, looked up from a FB chat to see Bear Grylls urinating into a snakeskin and then drinking it. Really needed to see that :rolleyes:

He is, but he was pretty bad the night it happened! He has decided not to press charges but the guards will be keeping an eye on the guy. He's hoping the guy will be caught drink driving and will be put off the road. I looked at where it happened the next day. The jeep track is actually up on the bottom of the ditch and my Dad was inside that between the jeep and the barbed wire on the top of the ditch. :eek:

Hopefully he will be caught because idiots like him shouldn't be allowed to drive a car.
    Left Discovery on, looked up from a FB chat to see Bear Grylls urinating into a snakeskin and then drinking it. Really needed to see that :rolleyes:

:eek:

I feel really lonely.

Ugh I can't stand him either! Saw him being interviewed when I went to a taping of David Letterman Show, yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

He is a fine thing tho, despite the dramatics he goes on with.:);)

Ew no! Yuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tigger99 wrote: »
    He is a fine thing tho, despite the dramatics he goes on with.:);)

but its just him vs wild!

well him, a production crew, safety officer, rescue team and cameraman, the director and sound guy who are all with him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »

I despise his music, like it actually makes me angry if I hear one of his songs, I'm sure hes sound but his "twiddle diddle fiddle HUP! twiddle diddle" vocal style and folky sh1te is just terrible. I used to dread when he released a new album when I worked for hmv, as you'd get the granny brigade in on a saturday morning after his inevitable late late appearance the night before looking for "de new christy record"

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    I despise his music, like it actually makes me angry if I hear one of his songs, I'm sure hes sound but his "twiddle diddle fiddle HUP! twiddle diddle" vocal style and folky sh1te is just terrible. I used to dread when he released a new album when I worked for hmv, as you'd get the granny brigade in on a saturday morning after his inevitable late late appearance the night before looking for "de new christy record"

A family friend of mine runs his main fan website and follows him around the country to each gig :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement