Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Posy wrote: »
    Do they have Krispy Kreme donuts in Canada too? I've never had a Krispy Kreme- I want one, everyone says they're yum. :(

Krispy Kreme!! Yum yum yum, especially at 6am in Vegas.
    Would vanilla and cinnamon be horrible together? I was thinking of making plain vanilla, plain chocolate and vanilla and cinnamon.

It will probably just taste of cinnamon, apple and cinnamon is SO good, cinnamon and maple syrup topping, mmm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

EmilyO wrote: »
    Storm, Lovely Muffin and Posy, thanks for your responses, at least I know it's not a case of me fussing over nothing.

We live on campus so the college is essentially our landlord. I couldn't really complain to the residences people unless it got worse, so I'll have to have a word with them myself. The only problem is that if I ever want my bf to stay the night, I'd need the girls' written permission as we live in a single-sex apartment. Retarded, I know. But that's why I'm wary of rocking the boat.

You're right though, something has to be said. In fairness, the college is huge, there are other places they can hang out.

Thanks again girls :) This is why I love this thread!

I'm really hoping thats a college rule and not their rule!

Have your boyf over anyway! If they are happy to have their friends over the whole time the you should be able to have your boyfriend over whenever you want.

I doubt big groups like that are allowed on campus and would defo not be allowed leave the door on latch or have keys cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I'm really hoping thats a college rule and not their rule!

Have your boyf over anyway! If they are happy to have their friends over the whole time the you should be able to have your boyfriend over whenever you want.

I doubt big groups like that are allowed on campus and would defo not be allowed leave the door on latch or have keys cut

Haha yeah it's the college rule. See if I brought my boyfriend back after 10pm the security people at the gate will ask me to show them a slip of paper saying he was allowed by the main office to stay for the night. It's ridiculous, but it's just easier to play by the rules.

Yeah they're not allowed here after 10pm, but they've never been caught out. They wouldn't be drunk or wild...their only redeeming feature :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Okay, I mentioned to one of the girls about always having people over, and if she could tone it down. I wasn't nasty about it and she seemed to take it okay. I didn't mention the key thing; I'll see if the situation improves first.
    Still kinda shaky, I hate confrontation! I feel better now though.

Thank you again girls for convincing me to do it, and I'll shut up now :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

EmilyO wrote: »
    Haha yeah it's the college rule. See if I brought my boyfriend back after 10pm the security people at the gate will ask me to show them a slip of paper saying he was allowed by the main office to stay for the night. It's ridiculous, but it's just easier to play by the rules.

Yeah they're not allowed here after 10pm, but they've never been caught out. They wouldn't be drunk or wild...their only redeeming feature :pac:

Start forging! :P

Thats what I loved about Maynooth campus. None of those silly rules! (well they had them, just didn't enforce them much! :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I took lunch for the first time in weeks today, and the afternoon has felt nice and short as a result.

Still Thursday, though... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Currently on a bus to Dublin, feeling rather sick of public transport but after this its just a train journey til my evening in with BoyBestie :D:D (I'm not grinning like a maniac at the thought of this at all....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Acoshla wrote: »
    It will probably just taste of cinnamon, apple and cinnamon is SO good, cinnamon and maple syrup topping, mmm.
    Would I need to use apple flavouring/extract (like vanilla extract) to get the apple flavour? Where would I get it? I didn't see it in Dunnes yesterday and Tesco is too far from my house (about a 40min walk).

Never made cup cakes before, let alone flavoured ones :/

Maybe start with vanilla ones so for your first time? I use fresh cooking apple, not apple flavouring, chopped up and rolled around in sugar and cinnamon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Acoshla, can I ask your a baking question pleeease?
    Are there any victoria sponge recipes you could recommend? Any time I make one (usually just an online recipe for 'victoria sponge cake') it comes out more 'maderia' like.. Mine is never light and spongy like the ones you get in bakeries. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I swear to all that is mighty that I will throw this laptop out the window if the people I work with don't actually start working! I've been emailing one of them (works from home) since 10am and they got back to me 5 minutes ago! I'm losing the will to live here!

The boy is also annoyed with me cos of a text I sent him joking and I emphasised with him it was a joke and now apparently I'm dumped!!

Damn you life...surely it's time for something good to happen to me cos recently it's been pretty bloody sh*tty!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hi everyone ;)

feeling much, much better today :D

have the resteraunt booked for tuesday too! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

LostGirly wrote: »
    Damn you life...surely it's time for something good to happen to me cos recently it's been pretty bloody sh*tty!!
    Aw, that sucks! :(

Venting here always helps though. :)
    *Hugs*

Maybe start with vanilla ones so for your first time? I use fresh cooking apple, not apple flavouring, chopped up and rolled around in sugar and cinnamon.
    Thanks for explaining, yeah, I think I'll stick with vanilla/chocolate for tonight anyway, see how they go, least if they go wrong I won't have wasted a load of stuff.

The boy is also annoyed with me cos of a text I sent him joking and I emphasised with him it was a joke and now apparently I'm dumped!!
    Am I reading this right, your boyfriend dumped you (apparently) because you sent him a joke via text? Really?

I can't understand why you would dump someone over a joke-text, seems very OTT to me.

Mind you, it can depend on what the joke was about.

Still seems an OTT reaction to me though. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I swear to all that is mighty that I will throw this laptop out the window if the people I work with don't actually start working! I've been emailing one of them (works from home) since 10am and they got back to me 5 minutes ago! I'm losing the will to live here!

Sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Moodycow.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MID TERM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :cool:

I had crisps and chocolate and crisps and pancakes and crisps today. I r SO bold. Oh and ah-mazing hot chocolate and more crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I was eating a wagon wheel and I just bit my tongue :mad:

Posy wrote: »
    Acoshla, can I ask your a baking question pleeease?
    Are there any victoria sponge recipes you could recommend? Any time I make one (usually just an online recipe for 'victoria sponge cake') it comes out more 'maderia' like.. Mine is never light and spongy like the ones you get in bakeries. :(

Posy unfortunately you will never get a sponge as light as a bakery, because you'd be using real butter, sugar, eggs, etc, but bakeries use "Just add water" bags of cake mix, filled with yummy chemicals that make them impossible to recreate. If you're following sponge recipes exactly, not overbeating and beating the air out and everything, then you are probably making perfectly lovely sponges, they just taste totally different to crappy bakery ones.

I don't make sponges myself so can't recommend any recipes, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Posy unfortunately you will never get a sponge as light as a bakery, because you'd be using real butter, sugar, eggs, etc, but bakeries use "Just add water" bags of cake mix, filled with yummy chemicals that make them impossible to recreate. If you're following sponge recipes exactly, not overbeating and beating the air out and everything, then you are probably making perfectly lovely sponges, they just taste totally different to crappy bakery ones.

I don't make sponges myself so can't recommend any recipes, sorry!
    I actually don't like the sponges you get in a bakery, no matter how much "lighter" they are, they always taste sort of powdery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I smoke and have sunned myself like a mad wan in the past before everyone became aware of using sunscreen. Face is in bits but doesn't bother me:eek::D

I'm what you'd call a butter face!!!!!!!!

Body is banging but 'er face:eek:
    (only joking):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Or a Bobfoc?

Body off Baywatch, face off Crimewatch?

Only joking too, I'm sure you're only a bleedin' riyid!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Or a Bobfoc?

Im in the library in NUIG now snorting/laughing like a fool looking at my laptop while all the young ones are lookin at me thinking "Wouldn't ya think the auld one over there would know how to behave in a library FFS".......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Am I reading this right, your boyfriend dumped you (apparently) because you sent him a joke via text? Really?

I can't understand why you would dump someone over a joke-text, seems very OTT to me.

Mind you, it can depend on what the joke was about.

Still seems an OTT reaction to me though. :confused:

It wasn't a joke - that really would be an overreaction!

I sent him a message saying something smart, then followed it up with "only joking" He said - "well that's too late. G'luck!"

Overreaction? Yes!
    Hurtful? Most definitely!

Don't worry I'm also confused! Hopefully he's just taking the p*ss!

Thanks for everyone's messages - I'm probably overreacting myself, it's been a hard few months and the tiniest things are threatening to break the camels back!

I will hold it all together, I will hold it all together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Good Christ. Half dead from the gym. On the plus side, I can almost feel where Im supposed to have muscles.

It wasn't a joke - that really would be an overreaction!

I sent him a message saying something smart, then followed it up with "only joking" He said - "well that's too late. G'luck!"

Overreaction? Yes!
    Hurtful? Most definitely!

Don't worry I'm also confused! Hopefully he's just taking the p*ss!

Thanks for everyone's messages - I'm probably overreacting myself, it's been a hard few months and the tiniest things are threatening to break the camels back!

I will hold it all together, I will hold it all together!
    Sorry I assumed it was a joke after reading this quote

Did he specifically say you're dumped/we're finished/it's over etc? If he didn't then I can't see where you'd get the idea that he dumped you?

Just because he said "well that's too late. G'luck!" doesn't mean you are dumped, IMO. As I said it depends on what the joke/text was about, IMO.

That said I don't know either of you or your relationship so feel free to ignore me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Or a Bobfoc?

I would. ;)

Came home and the lads had eaten all of the rest of the Pannettone. There was half left and it was huge. I only had one flipping slice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Oh dear, just sitting down after doing battle getting the weekly shop in local supermarket. I swear, either I am getting crankier as I get older, or people are getting ruder. (Probably the former!). I can't stand it when my shopping is going through the checkout and I am trying to juggle, packing the darn stuff, watching that the special offers remain 'special' and paying the gum chewing cashier before all is packed; to add to my distress, the next customer stands right up in front of the cashier waiting for me to hurry up and wont get out of my way so that I can pay the surly creature. Why do people do that? Will they get their own stuff through any quicker by getting in my way? Or am I the only grouch in the village? Ah well, a nice cup of coffee and a biscuit now to calm me down. One of life's little pleasures.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement