Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Just got one of my assignments back and I'm a little bit fuming with my grade. I knew it was no masterpiece but it's still a crap grade for the work I did. There's no talking to my tutor who corrected it, she's a stubborn so-and-so who won't listen. I just knew she'd tear it to shreds.

Makes me wonder why I bloody bother spending this week doing essays when the weather is so lovely, if I'm only going to do badly anyway.

/rant :(

Sorry to hear about your bf LostGirly, but you never know how things might pan out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Just had a lovely chat with my Mom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Why can't people do their jobs properly? I opened a new bank account last month. All I wanted was a bog standard account, no cards on it, nothing fancy (or costly) at all, just needed to be able to do online banking and online transfers to another Irish bank, explained all of this to the not very nice lady, she said yes this account will let you do this.

Fast forward to this week, after much hassle registering for online banking I tried to make a transfer from that account....can't do it without card reader...which I can't use without a Debit card on the account?!!! I *specifically* asked her if I could do online transfers to another bank with the account!! Going to go in tomorrow and close the account and give out, but the joys of living in a small town, can't give out too much because the woman who I opened the account with is friends with boyfriend's mom. Gah, don't need this hassle! Have to open an account with the only other bank in town now, hope they have a suitable option, if not I'm fecked, don't wanna pay charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Pretty crap bring stuck in work when across the street the lads from GAME are practically barricaded into their store in the hopes of getting when theyre entitled to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Have to go to bed early tonight. Catching a flight in dublin tomorrow at 6.30 means getting the 1.30 bus from home!!! yikes!!

on the plus side, the house is clean for when me and the love of my life comes home for 2 weeks.

just got to finish packing atm. kinda knackered but i have to measure my carry on bag yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Got a heads-up about my internet usage in work off the IT manager today. Ruh-roh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Not in a great mood today. Going to go for a long walk or something to get some space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The exam timetable is up. Shít just got real, time to stop being a slacker and actually do some work :P

There's still a tiny bit of Ben & Jerry's left so I'm going to have it and hit the books until bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

overheard some people saying "is that a boy or a girl?" as I passed them today :/

and I ran into a 'tranny-chaser' for the first time last week... creepy :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Pretty crap bring stuck in work when across the street the lads from GAME are practically barricaded into their store in the hopes of getting when theyre entitled to.

It's disgraceful! Couldn't believe it when I saw it on the news over the weekend. Hope they get what they're entitled to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Eircom are currently digging up a road outside Mooncoin, they have one side blocked completely and temporary traffic lights in place. This is obviously causing some delay in the morning and evening when traffic builds up (although less of a problem for me on the motorbike). Does anyone have any idea how I would find out how long the works will continue for?

I have looked on the Eircom website for any sort of relevant contact details but have come up with nothing yet.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Got a heads-up about my internet usage in work off the IT manager today. Ruh-roh!

Uh oh! What they say? I'd die of shame over something like that, I'm awful, if I get something mentioned in any way shape or form that suggests I've been doing something even slightly wrong I react so badly.

Links234 wrote: »
    overheard some people saying "is that a boy or a girl?" as I passed them today :/

Last week I had a bit of a run in with someone and I was thinking of you and quoting you Links. He's a friend of my boyfriend, a lovely guy, but I couldn't get over some of his ideas that came out over dinner. He said gay "is just wrong", and said some pretty mean things about gay, transgender, and other people that I can't even remember right now, I was in shock. I gave him a bit of a talk, it seemed in his head they're just groups of people he's talking about, not individuals, so I was telling him about how fearful you are when using public bathrooms, and that nobody should feel like that. Seemed to get through to him a little bit, I hope.

Links, some people are just cruel. Honestly, from the pic you put up a while back I wouldn't have guessed you were transgender.

What's a tranny-chaser? Is it someone who dislikes transgender people and hounds them or someone who likes them a bit too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    A good fight can clear the air though! Now get off the internet and go have your make up sex!
    This is my 3rd night in a row. I'm gonna be like a zombie tomorrow.

I know these posts were unrelated, but they were one after another, I got mixed up and was like wow, there's sharing and there's sharing...:o
    Sar_Bear wrote: »
    You can buy it online, 12 cans for 12euro, and delivery is only 5 euro :D Soooo worth it!!! Now if only they did the same deal with cherry coke I'd be a very happy lady!

You can get Cherry Coke in other shops in Ireland though, where I work you can anyhow!
    krudler wrote: »
    ah ok, it does end pretty open ended to set up the next one, the costume design in it is crazy, a lot of the violence happens off screen with though which I guess was part of the teen rating, kinda defeats the purpose though when you just see announcments of people dying without seeing them actually die, its Battle Royale lite :pac:

It was like that in the books too though, I think it's to make the reader feel like Katniss does in that you don't know who's died and you don't know how many allies she has left. Haven't seen the film yet though.

Handed up a mahoosive project today, wahey! But have an oral exam on said project on Friday, not at all wahey.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Had myself a productive day. Got food shopping, bought loads of fresh fruit to make smoothies. Went for ice-cream with my boyfriend, got cleaning done around the apartment.

Now I'm watching Sandra Bullock movies on the couch with my kitties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

coffee and hot chocolate cake with daughter, beer in beer garden with friends, feel much better. Chess night in the local later.
    eoh n visited tattoo shop to price up some new work. good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Mammies are the best. I'm eating a magnum for the first time in about 3 years courtesy of my mammy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Awh Links I hope you're okay. Some people are just cruel but not everyone is like that. PM open if you need a chat hun. :) xx

I've just made buns and scones. My mam got me some decorating bottles for icing the other day and I want to try them out. I'm looking at how to make nice icing online. I usually just leave them plain, put melted choc on or just make some glacé icing. The local youth centre is having a bake sale soon and I was thinking about emailing and asking if they need some stuff made.

I also posted my college application today. :o:D

Acoshla wrote: »
    Last week I had a bit of a run in with someone and I was thinking of you and quoting you Links. He's a friend of my boyfriend, a lovely guy, but I couldn't get over some of his ideas that came out over dinner. He said gay "is just wrong", and said some pretty mean things about gay, transgender, and other people that I can't even remember right now, I was in shock. I gave him a bit of a talk, it seemed in his head they're just groups of people he's talking about, not individuals, so I was telling him about how fearful you are when using public bathrooms, and that nobody should feel like that. Seemed to get through to him a little bit, I hope.

I really don't get people's hostility sometimes, or why they have to mouth off about how "wrong" other people's lives are. :o

but wow, fair play for taking him to task over it, what did he say then?
    FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Links, some people are just cruel. Honestly, from the pic you put up a while back I wouldn't have guessed you were transgender.

What's a tranny-chaser? Is it someone who dislikes transgender people and hounds them or someone who likes them a bit too much?

someone who has a fetish for trans people.

there's nothing wrong with being attracted to trans people or having a preference for them (I'd generally have a preference for trans women myself, no offense to any muggles* here) but there's people who are really, really creepy about it and just have a fetish, and that can be freaky.

*I sometimes like to call cisgender (non-trans people) "muggles" because it implies that trans people are magic. no I won't show you a magic trick. :p

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Awh Links I hope you're okay. Some people are just cruel but not everyone is like that. PM open if you need a chat hun. :) xx

ah I'm ok, just ever so slightly miffed at people's rudeness today. like, it's fine to wonder, but saying it so blatantly in earshot of the person you're talking about? wow. but thanks for the offer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Links, from your picture, I'd have no doubt that you are female:)

I get miffed about peoples rudeness every. single. day. I detest the way ''retard'' is used so flippantly in conversation, that's a big pet hate of mine. And then there's just the no manners rudeness - I see this all the time. I'm in college and a lecturer will be talking and while this is happening, a group of students are chatting amongst themselves, they stop nattering and ask a question that was JUST ANSWERED but they couldn't be arsed listening, so the people who bothered to listen, have to listen to the same info a billionty times over...People not using basic manners, please and thank you cost nothing....Oh God I could rant for hours but I'll shut up now:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Mars ice cream, om nom nom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Links, from your picture, I'd have no doubt that you are female:)

I get miffed about peoples rudeness every. single. day. I detest the way ''retard'' is used so flippantly in conversation, that's a big pet hate of mine. And then there's just the no manners rudeness - I see this all the time. I'm in college and a lecturer will be talking and while this is happening, a group of students are chatting amongst themselves, they stop nattering and ask a question that was JUST ANSWERED but they couldn't be arsed listening, so the people who bothered to listen, have to listen to the same info a billionty times over...People not using basic manners, please and thank you cost nothing....Oh God I could rant for hours but I'll shut up now:p

Take away the taboo nature of a word and it loses a lot of its power as an insult though, my uncle has Down's and I'd never refer to him nor anyone else who does as retarded, tis about context.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Mars ice cream, om nom nom :)

to the shop I go..

damn you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

krudler wrote: »
    to the shop I go..

damn you :pac:

I did the clever thing and bought a 6 pack in Tescos yesterday :D

LromHl.jpg

Went for a walk to the beach. I do love Galway sometimes. Okay, all of the time.

I really don't get people's hostility sometimes, or why they have to mouth off about how "wrong" other people's lives are. :o

but wow, fair play for taking him to task over it, what did he say then?

I just kind of left open questions of A. Should anyone have to feel scared or worried when using a bathroom and B. Why does it matter who someone loves? He just kind of looked like he had never considered that "they" have feelings, and I think he was a bit surprised that someone who is neither gay nor transgender was saying this to him, I'd say most people just nod and agree with him but I have a tendency to speak my mind :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Leaving for Australia in the morning. Travelling over alone, absolutely bricking it! Oh well, I'm sure twill be fine and I finally get to see my boyfriend after 4 months :D:D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

Went for a walk to the beach. I do love Galway sometimes. Okay, all of the time.

Gorgeous. isnt it? Was getting my antenatal checkup with himself and he was dropping me to work afterwards. The compulsion to keep driving out to Salthill was almost irrestible. But like good soldiers, we went in to the daily grind instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

akamossy wrote: »
    Leaving for Australia in the morning. Travelling over alone, absolutely bricking it! Oh well, I'm sure twill be fine and I finally get to see my boyfriend after 4 months :D:D

best of luck to you,I hope it works out over there for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement