Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Orla K wrote: »
    To be fair there's alot of people that use their children for sh*tty reasons.

I was working somewhere came in, in the evening to find one of the jewellery counters empty and broken. Earlier that day there was a guy with a baby in a buggy that managed to rob thousands of euro worth of jewellery because he used is child as cover and a way to hide all that jewellery without getting caught. Also seen grown 'adults' making there children shoplift. I wouldn't put it past anyone to use there children to smuggle stuff.

My sister used to work in an office in Dublin city centre that had smoked glass windows, so they could see out, but nobody could see in. Every day at 10.30/11, the local methadone clinic spewed out its patients, and the entire office would be treated to the sight of the mothers digging inside their babies nappies for the methadone jellies they had hidden, to sell or swap for hard drugs. Very sad, and upsetting to think that any childs life would start out that way.

Krudler, I had two single beds bolted together to make a superhuge double, t'was epic!! I got a mattress topper so I didn't feel the seam between the two mattress's at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

krudler wrote: »
    Kiera wrote: »
    Push them together for a queen sized bed, Krudler :)

/what is a Krudler btw? My phone recognises the word.

tried it but they're big wooden frames not flat beds that sit flush next to each other, so there'd be a big divide in the middle, although I do only tend to sleep on either the far left or right of my own bed so it'd do for a short while I guess.

rang the landlord and let her know, she wants to put the deposit as the last months rent, which means I can stay here till the end of April, can I do anything about that? if I wanted the deposit back, the house is spotless like
    She can't really do that. Have you told her you'd rather get it back I stead?

You should be able to pick up a crappy bed for €200.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How old is he? Tell us more funny stories please :)

Thirty-fcuking-eight.

The other story off the top of my head was when he wanted to be shown how to use the internet, so I was explaining to him how to use a mouse and the click/double-click thing. I gently reminded him to doubleclick to open the browser and he yanked the computer off the table then slammed the door so hard behind him that it broke a mirror. That was about ten years ago, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Acoshla wrote: »
    Ooh that's good going, we've cars sorted only because we're using boyfriend's car and family and friend cars (vintage ones, woohoo!), I'm doing cake, need dress!

We got great deal on vintage Bentley :D Dress was a fluke lol putting deposit down Saturday -- The cake actually matches my dress has a lace effect :D sooo pretty !!!!! you will make great savings with the cars and cake ... i bet your cake will rock :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

shinikins wrote: »

Krudler, I had two single beds bolted together to make a superhuge double, t'was epic!! I got a mattress topper so I didn't feel the seam between the two mattress's at all.

mattress topper? tell me more...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The Ben & Jerry's is Berry White, I highly recommend it with warm brownie.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    How old is he? Tell us more funny stories please :)

Thirty-fcuking-eight.

The other story off the top of my head was when he wanted to be shown how to use the internet, so I was explaining to him how to use a mouse and the click/double-click thing. I gently reminded him to doubleclick to open the browser and he yanked the computer off the table then slammed the door so hard behind him that it broke a mirror. That was about ten years ago, but still.
    Wow! Are you Andrea Corr?

well my rent gets taken on the 1st (direct debit) but the place I'm moving into theirs is paid on the 7th, so I said if I moved on/by the 7th of april she could take a weeks rent out of it, seemed fair I thought, thats still 3 weeks notice and a months rent to her. I dont really want to stay here til the end of next month, thats still 6 weeks away like.

We got great deal on vintage Bentley :D Dress was a fluke lol putting deposit down Saturday -- The cake actually matches my dress has a lace effect :D sooo pretty !!!!! you will make great savings with the cars and cake ... i bet your cake will rock :p

Cakes ;) Ooh vintage Bentley, fab! We'll have our 1965 Mustang and a 2009 BMW, plus a few other random vintage ones, bit of a mish mash :)

well my rent gets taken on the 1st (direct debit) but the place I'm moving into theirs is paid on the 7th, so I said if I moved on/by the 7th of april she could take a weeks rent out of it, seemed fair I thought, thats still 3 weeks notice and a months rent to her. I dont really want to stay here til the end of next month, thats still 6 weeks away like.
    Can you move in a week sooner and pay for that week?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tried it but they're big wooden frames not flat beds that sit flush next to each other, so there'd be a big divide in the middle, although I do only tend to sleep on either the far left or right of my own bed so it'd do for a short while I guess.

rang the landlord and let her know, she wants to put the deposit as the last months rent, which means I can stay here till the end of April, can I do anything about that? if I wanted the deposit back, the house is spotless like

she can't keep your deposit if you leave the house in an acceptable manner,she has to give it back to you,my sister and her friends had a similar problem when they were moving out,they told the landlord they'd be getting onto threshold I think there called and they gave it back fairly quick :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Wow! Are you Andrea Corr?

Nearly, but my eyes aren't quite so moony and my cheekbones are less defined.

Maybe we're the anti-Corrs, there are three slightly loopy brothers and one long-suffering sister in my family.

Mattress toppers are great, they can turn an uncomfortable bed into a really nice one. They can be expensive though, if you go for the really plush one's. Head on over to Homestore and More and get one for less than €50!!

Why don't you pay your last rent by DD as you normally do, and lodge the weeks rent into the bank yourself, that way your landlord will give you all the deposit back as she is supposed to.

she can't keep your deposit if you leave the house in an acceptable manner,she has to give it back to you,my sister and her friends had a similar problem when they were moving out,they told the landlord they'd be getting onto threshold I think there called and they gave it back fairly quick :D

even if I dont give the full months notice? from today to the 1st is only 13 days

even if I dont give the full months notice? from today to the 1st is only 13 days
    Do you have a contract? Cancel the DD and give her one weeks rent. She might be a bitch tho and not give your deposit back. Sounds like she doesn't have it.

Cakes ;) Ooh vintage Bentley, fab! We'll have our 1965 Mustang and a 2009 BMW, plus a few other random vintage ones, bit of a mish mash :)

Cakesssssss im jealous !!!! I was thinking of getting cupcakes for the kids ... and maybe me ;) pretty cars love mustangs !

Cakesssssss im jealous !!!! I was thinking of getting cupcakes for the kids ... and maybe me ;) pretty cars love mustangs !

Tbh cupcakes are wasted on kids, if you do get them for kids just buy some from a bakery or something and put them on plates for them to grab, no point paying for custom decorated/baked ones just for kids, they just eat the icing off! I love good cupcakes, but for adults who appreciate them, kids'll eat anything!

Why don't you pay your last rent by DD as you normally do, and lodge the weeks rent into the bank yourself, that way your landlord will give you all the deposit back as she is supposed to.

I dont get it :confused: why would I pay her a full months rent and then an extra week? my rent is already paid until march 31st

Do you have a contract? Cancel the DD and give her one weeks rent. She might be a bitch tho and not give your deposit back. Sounds like she doesn't have it.

thats what I was thinking, I think she spent it and just doesnt want to give it back as its coming out of her pocket.

Tbh cupcakes are wasted on kids, if you do get them for kids just buy some from a bakery or something and put them on plates for them to grab, no point paying for custom decorated/baked ones just for kids, they just eat the icing off! I love good cupcakes, but for adults who appreciate them, kids'll eat anything!

True i was just trying to get them for me ;) ha ha ha

• Advertisement

thats what I was thinking, I think she spent it and just doesnt want to give it back as its coming out of her pocket.
    It's a real tricky one. You need to cancel the dd now anyway. No way she's gonna get an extra month from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

its a simpsons joke :D

I Googled. :o

True i was just trying to get them for me ;) ha ha ha

Wedding cupcakes are fab, a lovely tower of them is so pretty, lots of people get it for the drinks reception.

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

It's a real tricky one. You need to cancel the dd now anyway. No way she's gonna get an extra month from you.

ah yeah thats a given , its not a major loss to me to stay here for free for another month, just I'd rather get out of here and all that, least I have an extra 700 bucks in my bank account regardless. Ideally what I'd like to do is cancel the DD, pay her a weeks rent into the bank and then leave on the 7th, will sort something out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

My boyfriend has UPC in his house and the only time he had a problem is when he didn't pay his bill on time and which was his own fault.

The only other problem he had was when his UPC box broke and it took a couple of weeks to be fixed, mainly cause my boyfriend and his housemate work five days a week, so they had to wait for a day when one of them would be at home for UPC to come and fix the box.

Ours is constantly acting up. Always turning off for no reason or being exceptionally slow after being fine for ages. It's quite annoying.

And I live in the centre of Dublin so it has nothing to do with location

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Bit freaked out about this France shooting thing. My younger brother and sister are both in school in France...not anywhere near where it happened..but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Bit freaked out about this France shooting thing. My younger brother and sister are both in school in France...not anywhere near where it happened..but still!
    It's a horrible story. So cold.

One of my friends from working in Edinburgh was on tv during an ad break earlier. I got such a fright when I glanced up at the tv and saw him sitting there next to the giant M&M guys!

I dont get it :confused: why would I pay her a full months rent and then an extra week? my rent is already paid until march 31st

Sorry, wasn't thinking of what date it was today!! Just pay her the extra week, she's not entitled to keep your deposit except if she needs to retain some of it for damage.

• Advertisement

Sorry, wasn't thinking of what date it was today!! Just pay her the extra week, she's not entitled to keep your deposit except if she needs to retain some of it for damage.

nope, no damage, the oven needs a clean but aside from that the place is fine, I'll clean and stuff before I got anyway, the only thing wrong with the place is one of the taps in the ensuite doesnt work but thats been like that day one, she never bothered to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement