Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Just got a Father Ted Quiz app. So much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Just have to get through my 12 o'clock tutorial and then I can get home to get ready for the ball.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What's the dress like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Thank you for your lovely replies. I am going to camp on the sofa and watch a movie or something and stuff myself with some crisps and a sparkling drink.

I am feeling a bit better now. It certainly takes a bit of getting used to, but I hope she will find the time to talk with me. I just want a bit of mom and daughter time that is all for a short while.

Thank you again from my heart for the kindness in your replies.

Merlie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Already posted this in the regional forum, but these guys are breaking my heart, so if anyone knows of anyone in the Knocklyon/Templeogue area missing three Boxers, they were picked up yesterday and are in Dunboyne pound. They look in good nick, so I really, really hope someone is looking for them.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150747572577474.466858.270131087473&type=3

416939_10150747573512474_270131087473_11472055_963165222_n.jpg

429562_10150747573627474_270131087473_11472057_1631570924_n.jpg

422554_10150747573742474_270131087473_11472058_715999089_n.jpg

Share like mad, people!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

merlie wrote: »
    Thank you for your lovely replies. I am going to camp on the sofa and watch a movie or something and stuff myself with some crisps and a sparkling drink.

I am feeling a bit better now. It certainly takes a bit of getting used to, but I hope she will find the time to talk with me. I just want a bit of mom and daughter time that is all for a short while.

Thank you again from my heart for the kindness in your replies.

Merlie

Merlie, did you say it to her, that you would like some time together? It's probably not going to happen unless you plan it anymore.

The same thing happened in my house, it was me and my mother for years and years. When I met my boyfriend my Mum was very hurt by my not being around as much and she really hated my boyfriend. She told me that, no reason, thought he was a snob or something. So you're doing much better than she did.

She says now that she's glad it happened because we were too close, a bit co-dependent. She says she would never have said yes when one of our neighbours asked her out if things hadn't changed with me and her.

So now I'm married to my 'snobby' boyfriend (she loves him now) and she's engaged to our former neighbour.

Change is good, even if it hurts for a while, it opens doors.

Your daughter sounds just as lovely as you btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

tatabubbly wrote: »
    There are total scum living in ireland atm.

Just a warning to people too, my step-grandad has just got beaten up, tied up and robbed in his house in Dundalk. So if anyone here knows anyone who lives on their own, go and check on them regularly. The ***** took money he was saving for my parents wedding, his pension, his wedding ring and all!!!

So angry and upset about this!

Oh my god that is so disgusting. I hope your grandad recovers okay.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

This is my Friday, hurrah! Have had a pox of a week with a stupid fund launch going every which way but the right way but it's just about over now.

And tonight I'm going to see my delicious boyfriend and have all the sex in the world! Hurrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

This made me cry today:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2012/03/last-words-rebecca-hamilton.html

Mainly because a recent ex of mine lost her dad and I wanted to show her this but I can't because I hurt her too much and the last thing she needs is me. So in general, sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I opened my freezer just there and it was off. It seems that I accidentally turned off the plug during a little clean up last night.

I have a load of chicken fillets.....they are mostly frozen still but some of the outside is a little bit soft....I wonder would they be safe to eat still or should I chuck them? :(

I hate the thought of wasting food but I don't want to make myself sick either.

Tried on my little leprechaun outfit there earlier. EEEEK I LOVE IT!

They should be ok if you let them fully defrost and then cook them immediately. Don't refreeze them.

• Advertisement

They should be ok if you let them fully defrost and then cook them immediately. Don't refreeze them.

You can actually refreeze chicken as long as it wasn't originally thawed at room temperature.

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Factsheets/Focus_On_Freezing/index.asp#14

Refreezing
    Once food is thawed in the refrigerator, it is safe to refreeze it without cooking, although there may be a loss of quality due to the moisture lost through thawing. After cooking raw foods which were previously frozen, it is safe to freeze the cooked foods. If previously cooked foods are thawed in the refrigerator, you may refreeze the unused portion. Freeze leftovers within 3-4 days. Do not refreeze any foods left outside the refrigerator longer than 2 hours; 1 hour in temperatures above 90 °F.

If you purchase previously frozen meat, poultry or fish at a retail store, you can refreeze if it has been handled properly.

Hmmm, but if it was in a powered of freezer for hours would that not mean it shouldn't be refrozen by those guidelines? Anyway, risk it, what's the worst that can happen? :P

Hmmm, but if it was in a powered of freezer for hours would that not mean it shouldn't be refrozen by those guidelines? Anyway, risk it, what's the worst that can happen? :P

A powered-off freezer that hadn't been opened in the interim would still likely be colder than a fridge.

Anyway, Squeakyduck, it's a judgement call for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Big hugs for you merlie. I hope you're doing okay. I hadn't really thought of my mother in that way tbh. I've been away nearly every weekend recently to stay with my boyfriend. Maybe that's why she's so cranky.. Something for me to think about.

Honey-ec, I shared those pics on my timeline. Gorgeous dogs, I really hope their home is found.

Lucky you Maple, enjoy the *ahem* night with your boyfriend.. ;)

I hope everyone is doing well today. I'm just about to have a shower and I currently have 4 episodes of The Mentalist loading. I'm still only on episode 11 of series 1 but hopefully by the end of today I'll be up to at least 14. I'm aiming to have the first series watched by maybe Monday. Including the ones I have loading I have 60 episodes to catch up on. I have a system. When I'm watching one I have another one or two loading. I still feel like I'll never watch them all.

Also, I love the song I'm Outta Time by Oasis. I only heard it for the first time the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Maple wrote: »
    This is my Friday, hurrah! Have had a pox of a week with a stupid fund launch going every which way but the right way but it's just about over now.

And tonight I'm going to see my delicious boyfriend and have all the sex in the world! Hurrah!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9jzj9tdZxClXIuxSI8rJTlGONkq_3Rx4OtH2v25IJtqnRGlxOww

:pac: I've sent him that meme before but the caption read "take off all your clothes".

I do love him for his personality and good heart, not just for his willy. :D

:pac: I've sent him that meme before but the caption read "take off all your clothes".

Admit it, though, you love his willy too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

I could lie down and cry cos our baby has reflux and colic and I am exhausted beyond belief. It just seems like it will never end... :(

One for all the cake/cookie lovers among you - Cho-chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough--cupcake--the-best-cupcake-ever/detail.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I was just asked to be in our tv ad in work. No friggin way!!!

• Advertisement

I could lie down and cry cos our baby has reflux and colic and I am exhausted beyond belief. It just seems like it will never end... :(
    You poor love, that is so tough to deal with. Is there anyone who could take baba for an hour or two just so you could get some sleep? Even just an hour.

Kiera wrote: »
    I was just asked to be in our tv ad in work. No friggin way!!!
    Do it! :D

Do it! :D

One word: Roots :D

Kiera wrote: »
    One word: Roots :D

One word - hairdresser.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    One word - hairdresser.

I'm poor :o

Ah sure i'll get famous next time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Willy officially wins the award for world's most unsexy word.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Willy officially wins the award for world's most unsexy word.

Its up there with "moist", bluergh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

tatabubbly wrote: »
    There are total scum living in ireland atm.

Just a warning to people too, my step-grandad has just got beaten up, tied up and robbed in his house in Dundalk. So if anyone here knows anyone who lives on their own, go and check on them regularly. The ***** took money he was saving for my parents wedding, his pension, his wedding ring and all!!!

So angry and upset about this!

Oh god Tata that is horrible :( I hope he will be okay x

Hugs, I know that feeling. How old is he/she? It will pass, I promise. A few hours off could really do you the world of good :)

krudler wrote: »
    Its up there with "moist", bluergh

Never thought of that, it is pretty ick.

I'm gonna shudder everytime i hear moisturiser now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am worn down today, such a wearing day :(

Boys :rolleyes: :(
    A voluntary activity I do :mad:
    And a spa break :mad: :(

Those 3 things have broken me today! Tears are in my eyes!

Mapes I am totes jealous! Although I am having wine with an amazing friend tomorrow night :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement