Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm sick, have some sort of vomiting bug. Of course this would happen at the weekend. :( Actually feel horrible. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hee hee. I like funny reviews- reminds me of the 'three wolf' tee-shirt reviews on amazon which are brilliant. :D

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Novella.
    Emily, my mother's birthday falls around mother's day every year- I find getting the presents out of the way pretty handy to be honest! (I'm broke too so I got my mam's birthday present inn the January sales!) :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Jesus H Christ I had so much fun last night. It was actually UNREAL.

John and I karaoked so much and everyone loved our renditions of Robyn's "Call Your Girlfriend", "Moves Like Jagger" and "Don't Stop Believin'" especially. And a lot of people commented that they think it's great I can relax and have so much fun when I'm not drinking, some didn't even believe me when I said I wasn't drinking though, which was weird!

So glad I went. :D He seemed pretty happy to see me there and that made me very happy too. Need to spend about 20 hours tomorrow working now to keep my head above water next week, but ah sure. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Posy wrote: »
    (I'm broke too so I got my mam's birthday present inn the January sales!) :o

I bought about 5 random gift sets in the Boots 75% off sale earlier in the year, did the same last year and they came in sooo handy!

Just did a day-long yoga workshop with the bf, we both really enjoyed it! I was surprised about how challenging I found some of the poses, would be great to increase that strength and flexibility. Shattered now though :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dolorous wrote: »
    Just did a day-long yoga workshop with the bf, we both really enjoyed it! I was surprised about how challenging I found some of the poses, would be great to increase that strength and flexibility. Shattered now though :eek:
    That sounds lovely, could do with something like that sometime soon. Where did you do it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I bought about 5 random gift sets in the Boots 75% off sale earlier in the year, did the same last year and they came in sooo handy!
    Me too! Boots had some amazing bargains this year. :D
    Plus, I got a few body shop body butters that were reduced from €20 to €10 to keep as gifts for people too. (I'd never pay twenty quuid for a body butter anyway- I don't care how mango-ey it smells!)
    I got my mother a 'sanctuary' set with a few things in it in January and got 6 more products over the last couple of weeks to add to it (bless you, 3 for 2!), so it's a lovely present now, full of her favourite things- she loves Sanctuary stuff! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

hey dolorous,
    Can I ask where did you do your course?

That sounds lovely, could do with something like that sometime soon. Where did you do it?
    luppy wrote: »
    hey dolorous,
    Can I ask where did you do your course?

We did the one day foundation course with YTTC, it was offered on Boards Deals a while ago:

http://yogaireland.com/centres/yttc-dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Worked all day, went straight from that to an exhibition launch, home now and have to make a cheesecake, last thing I want to do. Boyfriend is 5 hours late coming back from a trip he had to make today! Think he's just not coming back at this stage.

The eternal debate of pub or bed is going on in my head, make cheesecake, put on pj's and snuggle up, or make cheesecake and go to pub for a few, via a party where I can piss someone off, hmmm.

Ha!

internet-memes-u-mad-dog2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

*rant ahead*

anyone have those friends that seriously annoy you?

it leaves me wondering why the hell I bother making the effort to talk to some people. I get on really well with this one girl, but she loves being this casual, detached *I don't care about anything* type of person. She oscillates between *everything is pointless - we all end up dead* attitude to *I should make an effort* (dramatic or what). Also ,stop playing the damn victim and grow up! You're not the only human on the planet and your views are not divinely inspired. Everyone knows what you know. Most people choose to get on with life.

The worst bit is I bother responding. *rant over* I know I've explained that scenario terribly....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Dropped my bf down to his mates, driving back was the first time id driven by myself on the road, was scared sh!tless! Got some lovely ginger beer in the fridge but have to wait to see if he needs me to pick him up before I can crack into them. At least the roads will be quieter in a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

kate.m wrote: »
    *rant ahead*

anyone have those friends that seriously annoy you?

it leaves me wondering why the hell I bother making the effort to talk to some people. I get on really well with this one girl, but she loves being this casual, detached *I don't care about anything* type of person. She oscillates between *everything is pointless - we all end up dead* attitude to *I should make an effort* (dramatic or what). Also ,stop playing the damn victim and grow up! You're not the only human on the planet and your views are not divinely inspired. Everyone knows what you know. Most people choose to get on with life.

The worst bit is I bother responding. *rant over* I know I've explained that scenario terribly....

Know exactly where you are coming from. You explained it very well. But you say you get on really well with her? Is she only annoying some of the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Dropped my bf down to his mates, driving back was the first time id driven by myself on the road, was scared sh!tless! Got some lovely ginger beer in the fridge but have to wait to see if he needs me to pick him up before I can crack into them. At least the roads will be quieter in a few hours!

Well done! Another first conquered.

Don't believe it, f*cked up the cheesecake at the very last step, a difference of about 10 seconds ballsed it up. Don't have the ingredients or inclination to do it again, so mad.

aristocat wrote: »
    Know exactly where you are coming from. You explained it very well. But you say you get on really well with her? Is she only annoying some of the time?

We have a similar sense of humour and she's really intelligent. But a lot of the time, annoying doesn't half describe it. Everything is too much *effort* for her. She's usually in that type of form and seems like she'd rather I wasn't there. Like I'm an inconvenience? The worst bit is that people avoid her because of it and a number of other things.

However, she was bullied pretty badly when she was younger. So I know this rude/dismissive attitude is like a defence mechanism. At the same time, I was also bullied, yet I get on well with people. I know how to act around others, and she doesn't....I've tried to explain it to her but she clearly doesn't listen.

It's so frustrating!....I could go on :o....

Acoshla wrote: »
    Don't believe it, f*cked up the cheesecake at the very last step, a difference of about 10 seconds ballsed it up. Don't have the ingredients or inclination to do it again, so mad.

when do you have to have the cheesecake finished? :(

when do you have to have the cheesecake finished? :(

It's for boyfriend's family tomorrow, leaving here at 11am, not going to go buy stuff for it now and the morning will be too late, it'll have to do, or else I just won't bring it. The other cake I made for them came out pretty wrong too, this is why I don't bake when it's late and I'm tired! :(

In other news, my dress is just after leaving Frankfurt, so by Monday I'll know if I need to start saving for a "proper" one or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Made walnut chocolate chip cookies today. I have not made cookies in ages :)

It's for boyfriend's family tomorrow, leaving here at 11am, not going to go buy stuff for it now and the morning will be too late, it'll have to do, or else I just won't bring it. The other cake I made for them came out pretty wrong too, this is why I don't bake when it's late and I'm tired! :(

In other news, my dress is just after leaving Frankfurt, so by Monday I'll know if I need to start saving for a "proper" one or not.

Even if the cake doesn't turn out completely perfect it's the thought that counts? They might not even notice? :)

or if worst comes to worst you could always buy them cake? I know your own cake would be far superior, but as a back-up plan?

• Advertisement

Even if the cake doesn't turn out completely perfect it's the thought that counts? They might not even notice? :)

or if worst comes to worst you could always buy them cake? I know your own cake would be far superior, but as a back-up plan?

Yeah my boyfriend agrees with you, it's the thought that counts, I'm just overthinking it all a bit as it's a family occasion and I've been asked to help out for it in lots of little ways, first time I've been included so much so I want to make a good impression! There's nowhere to buy a nice cake here on a Sunday morning so it's this or nothing which is a bit high pressured! I do have 3 cakes for them, so hopefully at least one will be ok :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

getting drunk with the parents is a hoot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Feel better Novella! It's an awful bug to get

Woohoo TeletextPear! Well done driving by yourself, and on a saturday night :) I was scared sh*tless first time I drove out to my OH from my house by myself- 20min drive normally, I did it in 40 :o
    I do have 3 cakes for them, so hopefully at least one will be ok :o

That is so cute :) 3 cakes is a massive effort to make! I'm sure they'll all go down very well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Today 4 months i Will either be a Mammy or one day over due, either way argh

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My Dad was at the funeral of his first cousin yesterday. Today, we find out that the nephew of that cousin was killed by a car in Australia yesterday/today. So right now, there's a person grieving for a sister and a son. I can only imagine the pain. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the definition of awkwardness, watching the Game Of Thrones bluray with your dad as he's never seen it and having your mam walk into the room during some ridiculously over the top sex scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i just finished watching The Wind that Shakes the Barley!

i cant stop crying :(

such a good film!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My Dad was at the funeral of his first cousin yesterday. Today, we find out that the nephew of that cousin was killed by a car in Australia yesterday/today. So right now, there's a person grieving for a sister and a son. I can only imagine the pain. :(
    God love them. That's tough :( I heard about the young guy on the radio! It's so sad :(

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Very early start on a Sunday - finished off around 2.30 am, back up by 8 and into the pool, before heading into the end of Congress

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I love my shower, it feels like a layer of skin has been removed from the pressure :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement