Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Posy wrote: »
    Psssssst... if you PM me your bank details, there's a member of the Royal Family in Nigeria looking to relocate some funds. Sounds like a sweet deal of you want in. :)

How's the holiday, Krudler? Or should I ask since it's Friday night and you're posting on boards? :pac:

well where my parents live isnt a big touristy spot, there are bars and stuff but its off season so pretty quiet at the mo, I'll come over again during the summer when theres more to do, am really just here to see the parentals and relax, but I brought my laptop with me, I'm not crazy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

well so much for me going to the cinema!!

me and the guys ended up sitting in a car park eating ice cream hahaha

it was like 11 good times!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Reminds me of my mother telling me about the day her boss got seven (or some ridiculous number) of those calls telling her she won a round the world cruise.

She's also gotten calls from Windows/Microsoft telling her her computer is at risk, she's elderly and has never owned a computer in her life afaik.
    I got an email recently from a wonderful company called 'Erect-Grow' promising to make me irresistible to women.
    How nice of them. :)

I got an email recently from a wonderful company called 'Erect-Grow' promising to make me irresistible to women.

thats lovely!!

nice to know its always there if ya need it

hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Almost finished downloading Pokemon The Movie.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

EDIT: I misread that post, ignore this one.

pm me the details

< <

> >

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Links234 wrote: »
    oh dear, you got the commuter bus rather than the non stop?

The non stop goes on the motorway and is very quick.

Yeah, Sunday bus, and it was the only one that wasn't booked out. I hate public transport :(

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Almost finished downloading Pokemon The Movie.. :o

I worked in a cinema briefly once, and what opened the weekend I started? Pokemon The Movie. the amount of brats running around, the drink spills, the chewing gum on the seats, the pissed off parents having to sit through a movie they didnt understand a word of... dont ever work in a cinema if you dont want movies utterly ruined for you lol

although I used to have great fun going into The Green Mile and watching the audience react to
    the mouse being squished, some people go so upset and were screaming at the screen

Bed time for me. Might watch Pokemon Movie. Going to see bf tomorrow and I cannot wait! :D

Krudler I would have liked to work in a cinema actually but going on what you've said I'm having second thoughts! :o

Night night loungers. :) xx

• Advertisement

shinikins wrote: »
    Yeah, Sunday bus, and it was the only one that wasn't booked out. I hate public transport :(

this is completely true, last year I got a bus home from dublin to limerick,last bus so if i missed it i'd have been stranded, and there was a really odd guy carrying a Quinnsworth bag with him, I was staring at it for about ten minutes wondering how long he must have had that, there are some weirdos who use buses, and they usually smell of cabbage.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Bed time for me. Might watch Pokemon Movie. Going to see bf tomorrow and I cannot wait! :D

Krudler I would have liked to work in a cinema actually but going on what you've said I'm having second thoughts! :o

Night night loungers. :) xx

dont, its horrible, you see bits and pieces of movies so they're all ruined for you, and cleaning up peoples rubbish 4-5 times a day in the same screen is just soul destroying, people are animals. you also find some really weird stuff left behind, found a pair of black knickers once after a daytime showing of Toy Story 2, tons of cans and bottles after late shows, which was to be expected, a few used condoms, ewww, and one of the lads hear what he thought was a ringing phone vibrating under a seat once. it was vibrating alright, but it wasnt a phone....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

krudler wrote: »
    dont, its horrible, you see bits and pieces of movies so they're all ruined for you, and cleaning up peoples rubbish 4-5 times a day in the same screen is just soul destroying, people are animals. you also find some really weird stuff left behind, found a pair of black knickers once after a daytime showing of Toy Story 2, tons of cans and bottles after late shows, which was to be expected, a few used condoms, ewww, and one of the lads hear what he thought was a ringing phone vibrating under a seat once. it was vibrating alright, but it wasnt a phone....

Hahahahah!!!!!

Edit: I shouldn't really be laughing, I used to work in retail and had to tidy the fitting rooms one day. Someone had used the curtain in the end fitting room as a wipe, and it wasn't makeup they left behind...

Hahahahah!!!!!

Edit: I shouldn't really be laughing, I used to work in retail and had to tidy the fitting rooms one day. Someone had used the curtain in the end fitting room as a wipe, and it wasn't makeup they left behind...

told ya, people are animals.

the amount of people who used to buy popcorn or drinks, spill them on the way to their seats and then ask for free replacements was unreal. or the woman who wanted me to tell the projectionist to stall the beginning of a movie for "about a quarter of an hour" as her husband was running late, the mind boggles.

Hahahahah!!!!!

Ewwww. :( That is disgusting :(

told ya, people are animals.
    No they're not!
    I actually like animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

My 40yr old brother is staying in mine tonight with his mate and I'm staying in mam's. He thought it would be funny to text me just now to say his mate had punched the taxi driver in the head and that the cops were on the way. I was 2 mins away from waking my mam up to drive over to mine to fix it all. Then he texts and says that his mate and the taxi driver had sorted it out on the bonnet homo style and that pictures were to follow.

No wonder I'm not well in the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

could be worse had half a bottle of vodka n me,thought my life was ****,my nxt door neighbour rings me looking for a cup of sugar.............she has 3 kids n her husband just left for Canada i emptyed my cupboard for her n the babies.bless her soul xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Up early for a college field trip....woot :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

:( Working on a Saturday.

• Advertisement

i should be doing my essay........im watching The Mask!

i think its the better choice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

If there's such thing as alcohol intolerance I definitely have it, oh lordy.

Kiera wrote: »
    My 40yr old brother is staying in mine tonight with his mate and I'm staying in mam's. He thought it would be funny to text me just now to say his mate had punched the taxi driver in the head and that the cops were on the way. I was 2 mins away from waking my mam up to drive over to mine to fix it all. Then he texts and says that his mate and the taxi driver had sorted it out on the bonnet homo style and that pictures were to follow.

No wonder I'm not well in the head!

Oh my good God! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Julybreeze wrote: »
    If there's such thing as alcohol intolerance I definitely have it, oh lordy.

You can be allergic to different alcoholic drinks...or are you just hungover? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I woke up during the night by the dog barking and looked over at my door (I hang my dresses on the back of it), was fully convinced there was someone standing there. I screamed the house down.
    It turned out to just be a maxi dress :o

Got another order for shirts today from someone who used to buy from me when I ran my market stall :D they tracked me down

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Acoshla wrote: »
    You can be allergic to different alcoholic drinks...or are you just hungover? :)

I actually think I have developed some sort of intolerance, I only drank four white wine spritzers came home vommed everywhere and I am absolutely hanging atm :(

bubblefett wrote: »
    I woke up during the night by the dog barking and looked over at my door (I hang my dresses on the back of it), was fully convinced there was someone standing there. I screamed the house down.
    It turned out to just be a maxi dress :o
    Hahaha!
    I never hang clothes on the back of my door because any time I ever did I would inevitably wake up in the night and think there was someone there!
    Everything's scarier in the dark. :o

I think I've lost the chain my boyfriend bought me for my birthday. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Why do people ask me to make cakes on babies? Where would you cut it?? :confused:

My cat-like reflexes just saved the day, nearly spilled a full glass of water on my laptop, phew.

If anyone is at home and near a tv please turn on tv3 and watch a few minutes of Bridezillas, big giant fat American bride telling her bridesmaids they have to all be over 200lbs to make her look thinner...

• Advertisement

Just found a tin of Erin's chicken and white wine condensed soup in the press, thinking of using the recipe on the back of the tin for chicken and herbs in sauce.

Has anyone here ever used Erin's recipes? Are they nice/reliable?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement