Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ugh, sorry to hear that HoneyEC :( It can't be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Hope you're okay honey ec

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just went into my room to get something and left my laptop in the sitting room and my brother shouted out "haha, I'm gonna BRAPE you". I asked him what's that and he said "boards frape".

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Think I'm just uber paraniod about privicey...I don't have anything that exciting to hide (only a few things:p) but I just hate the idea of people looking at my stuff..on the net or in real life. I always end up making up stuipd hard passwords that I then can't remember easily.

password_strength.png

I use the same password for everything. My boards, email, Twitter and msn password are all the same, and my facebook password is the same words as my other password,just different numbers. I've had the same password for years, and loads of people know my password for facebook. My fiancé knows my passwords too which is handy if he has to check my emails or if I want him to stalk something ridiculous the resident fbcrazyfriend has said.

My 2 laser cards and credit card have the same pin and the pin on my phone is the same as my bankcards.

I'm every thiefs dream but I'm not smart enough to remember all different ones. And although my fiancé has given me his passwords, the only a/c belonging to him I can access is his fb because I can't remember all the different ones he's got for everything else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I can remember sequences of numbers really easily. Credit card numbers really stick in my mind, even if I've only looked at it once or twice, because of the way they're broken down into fours. So be careful around me *narrows eyes*

People's names on the other hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Ok so I am having serious issues with my memory today...I can't even remember the name of the kniiting site I use let alone the password.

Das Kitty I for some reason can remember you talking about this site...any help? It has aloads of patterns on it. Why I can remember you talking about it and not it's actually name makes no sense but anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

I use the same password for everything. My boards, email, Twitter and msn password are all the same, and my facebook password is the same words as my other password,just different numbers. I've had the same password for years, and loads of people know my password for facebook. My fiancé knows my passwords too which is handy if he has to check my emails or if I want him to stalk something ridiculous the resident fbcrazyfriend has said.

My 2 laser cards and credit card have the same pin and the pin on my phone is the same as my bankcards.

I'm every thiefs dream but I'm not smart enough to remember all different ones. And although my fiancé has given me his passwords, the only a/c belonging to him I can access is his fb because I can't remember all the different ones he's got for everything else

That's really funny but if it's worked for eight years without hassle then who is anyone to comment!

I have two passwords for my stuff. One for anything to do with money or has money connected to it..Paypal, Ticketmaster, O2 Money account etc and another for everything else Social Networking sites, Youtube etc. Haven't changed my passwords in three years so I'm fairly sure I'll never have a break in :D:D I've never been "fraped" before either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Ok so I am having serious issues with my memory today...I can't even remember the name of the kniiting site I use let alone the password.

Das Kitty I for some reason can remember you talking about this site...any help? It has aloads of patterns on it. Why I can remember you talking about it and not it's actually name makes no sense but anyway.

Ravelry?

Ravelry?

Good woman thank you...now I just need to remember the password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

You guys should use something like password safe to store a list of passwords, so you only need to know one master password. That way you can have different passwords (even complex randomly generated ones) for every site and only need to remember one.
    Don't know if that one is the best password keeper; I dont use one because I'm pretty good at remembering them. It's the different Usernames that get me!

"Who am I on this site again?"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lia_lia - I'm using the old one too but it's showing me as offline to everyone and won't let me change my settings. When I try, it just automatically goes back the way it was. Maybe I'll uninstall it and try again.

Honey-ec - hope you're okay. xx

Ophiopogon - is it Ravelry?

awfulinflictionbeingsogoodlooking1988

Yup! Deffo the password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

awfulinflictionbeingsogoodlooking1988

Yup! Deffo the password

Or "Donthatemecosimpretty"?

I don't have a great memory in the first place but it really turns to sh!t if I'm worried about anything.

Got Raverly to send me a new password as I just could not remember it...now to waste a couple of hours looking for the perfect pattern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I have tesco thai fishcakes for dinner today. they are so, so very scrummy :) and aldi tropical sorbet for dessert :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

MIDTERM!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Feel more tired now, than I did this time yesterday - feels like midterm, but gonna be in school for a few days next week to get work done

Can't believe its 6.30 already, was half thinking about heading to the cinema, but its possible I'd fall asleep watching the film!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Dolorous wrote: »
    I can remember sequences of numbers really easily. Credit card numbers really stick in my mind, even if I've only looked at it once or twice, because of the way they're broken down into fours. So be careful around me *narrows eyes*

People's names on the other hand...
    That's interesting what you say about the numbers being broken down. The memory is a funny thing. Like trying to learn the number 023025121989 looks hard to do, but if you break it down and think of it as half past 2 on Christmas day '89 it's simple enough to recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I tried on a pair of boots yesterday, wasn't sure about them... went back today to buy them and they were no longer €120, they were €60 :D:D:D:D

Dune-Oxygen-Boots.jpg

Edit: Pic now added for extra gloating effect :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Ugh, just ugh. Can I go back to bed and start over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

tatumkelly wrote: »
    I tried on a pair of boots yesterday, wasn't sure about them... went back today to buy them and they were no longer €120, they were €60 :D:D:D:D
    PICS!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

shinikins wrote: »
    Ugh, just ugh. Can I go back to bed and start over?

'Sup chick?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I think this thread has struck again, I just burned my baby finger on an oven tray :(
    Is this the first bout of clumsiness in V4? :p

I think this thread has struck again, I just burned my baby finger on an oven tray :(
    Is this the first bout of clumsiness in V4? :p

Sorry to steal your thunder but I twatted my head off an open cupboard today, and I fell getting out of the bath :/

Until the infamous boards hack, I used the same password for EVERYTHING and it was really something stupid like ABCDEF. What an innocent fool I was before that fateful January day. :o

Now.. I'm brilliant and use the word 'password' BUT.. and here's the genius bit, with a ZERO instead of the letter 'o'. Mwa ha ha. :D

... well okay, not really. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Lucyfur wrote: »

Sorry to steal your thunder but I twatted my head off an open cupboard today, and I fell getting out of the bath :/

Ouch, hope you didn't hurt yourself too much!

Ouch, hope you didn't hurt yourself too much!

Just a day in the life of clumsy Lucyfur;)

Great, the V4 clumsiness rears it's head again.

*considers putting on a helmet in preparation*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am trying really hard to save money and I'm actually doing quite well but I miss buying stuff. :( I like stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Lucyfur wrote: »

'Sup chick?
    Just one of those days. I need to go back to bed, and wake up not feeling so blahhh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement