Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

will be on my way to see Rammstein shortly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm in a Pauline Fowler today. My car has its NCT this afternoon so of COURSE the immobiliser started acting up this morning. Got stuck on the forecourt of the Foxhunter service station for 20 minutes trying to start it after I got diesel earlier. So, needless to say, if it does that at the test, they'll just hand the keys straight back to me. And I can't even bloody cancel it now or I'll be charged :mad:

STBEH is also annoying me, we're supposed to have a counselling session this evening but he's made it patently clear that he has no interest in going, and is only doing it because he thinks it's something I need, that the marriage is 100% over as far as he's concerned. I don't think I can sit there for another hour being told that the last 7 years means nothing to him.

I also have something in my eye and a pain in my stomach. Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

So much to do today, ahhhhhh stress! I'm so worried things won't work out and I'll be up shít creek without a paddle, but here's hoping I'm just being a worrywart about it.

Really annoyed at a doctor, my sister has an ED and she went to get blood tests done and the idiot doctor told her she was obese (she's a size 10 and she recently gained a lot of weight as a result of binging which she is of course very sensitive about, but before that she was quite dramatically underweight) and needed to "cop on and lose weight." Gobshíte. How such morons actually become doctors is beyond my comprehension. :mad::mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Is it Friday yet?

/sigh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

*Hugs* to all those having crappy Mondays. :(
    Honey-ec, the counselling sounds so emotionally difficult, hope you get through it okay.
    Krudler, up until 4.30 watching the Oscars and up at 7? Ouch.
    Links, hope your girlfriend found her ticket!

At least by this evening it'll be a whole 6 days before it's Monday again. :)

• Advertisement

So much to do today, ahhhhhh stress! I'm so worried things won't work out and I'll be up shít creek without a paddle, but here's hoping I'm just being a worrywart about it.

Really annoyed at a doctor, my sister has an ED and she went to get blood tests done and the idiot doctor told her she was obese (she's a size 10 and she recently gained a lot of weight as a result of binging which she is of course very sensitive about, but before that she was quite dramatically underweight) and needed to "cop on and lose weight." Gobshíte. How such morons actually become doctors is beyond my comprehension. :mad::mad:
    What an insensitive cock. Irrespective of her history that is an extremely harsh statement to have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Links234 wrote: »
    will be on my way to see Rammstein shortly. :)

Have a great time Links! Hope your gf found her ticket. :)

:eek: OMG what an absolutely idiotic thing to say to someone with an ED. Actually it would be stupid to say it to anybody. I think it's him that needs to cop on and be a bit more sensitive. You can bet he's the kind of doctor that would say "cop on and be happy" to someone suffering with depression. I really hope your sister is okay almostnever. A size ten is not overweight. I can only imagine what the same doctor would say to someone like me who actually is overweight. What an a**hole.

I'm still really annoyed over what my bf's friend's gf did lastnight. The cheek of her. Tbh I've stayed in that house a good few times since I started going out with my bf. I wouldn't put it past her to ask me for money either. Jeez the world is full of people who are just downright ignorant. She's one of these people that actually has money but won't spend it as well which makes it worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Maple wrote: »
    What an insensitive cock. Irrespective of her history that is an extremely harsh statement to have made.

I'm still raging about it, I'll have to watch her like a hawk for the next while to see how she's reacting to it. No doubt she'll go on another "diet" soon enough...argh, it's just so frustrating. And he said this with her records in front of him, so he's either a completely incompetent lazy dumbass or a really vicious and nasty person. :mad:

I'm also annoyed by my mam saying that I have no idea what it's like to be tired or busy because I don't have kids. Riiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Yay for finally submitting my passport application and getting Midnight in Paris in the post this afternoon :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They look lovely. Did they taste nice?

Yeh I tried the chocolate nut in brownies. I overdid them though so going to make them again during the week. Tasted nice though.

they were lovely, especially my new improved "icing". the protein powder is too sweet for me though, so when i have finished with it i will buy plain choc and i think they will be nicer then. my family are happily devouring them.

the brownies look lovely esp with cream.

bought a stunning blue coat in penneys today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Why? Is it better for a doctor to say that you're a little bit overweight but don't worry about it? I can understand it being harsh saying it to someone with a history of eating disorders but if you're obese you're obese. I'd come straight out and say it as a doctor as well.

I'd hate for my doctor to beat around the bush with me. Tell it how it is and let me deal with what I'm facing instead of dressing it up with bunnies and flowers.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    A size ten is not overweight.

A size ten can be overweight. It's the modern distorted view of what is and is not healthy that makes us think it's tiny.

Someone who is a size ten could have a lot of bodyfat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Why? Is it better for a doctor to say that you're a little bit overweight but don't worry about it? I can understand it being harsh saying it to someone with a history of eating disorders but if you're obese you're obese. I'd come straight out and say it as a doctor as well.

I'd hate for my doctor to beat around the bush with me. Tell it how it is and let me deal with what I'm facing instead of dressing it up with bunnies and flowers.

It is one thing for your doctor to say that your weight is getting unhealthy and that you need to work on your eating habits. But to tell someone dealing with an ED to "cop on and lose weight" is hardly helpful, and probably detrimental.

jujibee wrote: »
    It is one thing for your doctor to say that your weight is getting unhealthy and that you need to work on your eating habits. But to tell someone dealing with an ED to "cop on and lose weight" is hardly helpful, and probably detrimental.

Did you read what I posted. I agreed with that part being harsh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I can understand it being harsh saying it to someone with a history of eating disorders but if you're obese you're obese. I'd come straight out and say it as a doctor as well.

Sorry, I read the bolded part as you meaning it was harsh but you would say it anyway.

A size ten can be overweight. It's the modern distorted view of what is and is not healthy that makes us think it's tiny.

Maybe it's my fault but the way I read your tone it seems quite harsh. What I meant was at a size ten most people wouldn't look overweight. Maybe I'm wrong. To me a size ten is small because I've been 14 or more since I was a teenager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Maybe it's my fault but the way I read your tone it seems quite harsh. What I meant was at a size ten most people wouldn't look overweight. Maybe I'm wrong. To me a size ten is small because I've been 14 or more since I was a teenager.

And unless she is 4 foot tall she couldn't possibly be obese... either way the doctor should have used a bit of personal discretion here. There is a time and place for tough love, and that wasn't it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm going to take a match to my car. One of the lads in work just put it on the diagnostic and not only does it need a new steering column (because the electronic lock on mine is faulty and that's what's causing the immobiliser to kick in), but he also said the clutch feels funny. I only got the clutch replaced last year :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Already posted this in R&R but it kind of summed up my day so here it is!

This French woman came into the shop today and stood in front of me looking expectant. I assumed she wanted directions. Boy, was I wrong.
    Without any preamble, she started SCREAMING (properly screaming) that I was going to hell for opening the shop on a Sunday. I was disobeying God's will by opening. He died for our sins. I am a dirty dirty sinner. She did all this while doing this creepy, insane-looking smile.

Now, I can deal with angry people. Or drunk people. But this woman had a look in her eyes that made me think there was something really wrong with her. She looked like the sort who would suddenly lash out at you, start choking you, try to garotte you with a guitar wire while singing "You've got a friend in Jesus" and smiling that creepy smile.

Scared me half to death! Totally killed my good mood.

Wait, French?

So this is not the one who goes around harping at women for wearing trousers? There is more than one? Holy fcuk!

I watched too much crap on youtube before bed last night and ended up having epic nutty dreams. Wrecked today though. *yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Just had a really cranky phone call with a cold caller (not really cold caller as we already have an account, an unsolicited call all the same). I never normally get angry with these calls as I know they're only doing there job.

Tbh I think we were both hormonal or something, as it escalated into a really huffy conversation (from both sides) like the type I have with my sister sometimes. Came off the phone fuming.

Lots of train journeys for me this weekend. Might be meeting up with 2 of my friends in Dublin on Saturday. Haven't seen both of them in about a year! :eek: Both of them have been so busy. One is in her final year of Dentistry in Trinity and the other works her a** off. It's gonna be great to see them. Then on Sunday I'm probably going to see my boyfriend and stay for a couple of days. Busy, busy, busy.. :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Acoshla wrote: »
    27 is meant to be the prime age to have a baby physically, all downhill after that! :p My aunt was called a Geriatric Mother having her 4th baby at 38 last year, she said she *knew* biologically speaking she was on the older spectrum to be having one but to hear geriatric did her no good! :D

Lol! I have a geriatric uterus...and I hadn't even met someone responsible enough to fertilise my eggs at 27. :pac:
    Posy wrote: »
    Ah yes, but at 17 I would have made a ridiculously bad mother, even now looking after two plants and a fish gives me a head-ache. If I don't have a child until I'm 40, I mightn't be able to run around after him/her like a young wan (although due to my arthritis I could never run around like a young wan) but I'd hopefully be a better, more capable mother with a stable home life to offer a child, which I wouldn't have had in my teens/twenties.

Sorry to hear that you're going to hell, Foux. :(
    :pac:

Yup, plants die on me too. Guess I should have started with a fish or a frog or something first? Eeep!
    I know, I'm still so pissed off about it! The absolute cheek of her! Bf told her to f*** off. I mean, did she really think that either my bf or the other friend were going to give her money?! She has a job, my bf doesn't. Neither does her bf or the other friend she asked to give her money. She's either not living in reality or is really just that brazen and stingy. Honestly I'm thinking it might be the latter. I don't mean to be bitchy or whatever but she's taking the piss.

Then they should wreck her head by pretending to move in fully (y'know, paying the bills and all)- start talking about cleaning rosters, rearranging furniture, loading up their stuff. ;)
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Wait, French?

So this is not the one who goes around harping at women for wearing trousers? There is more than one? Holy fcuk!

dont think that wan is french - but for all her roaring that women in trousers are going to hell for being immodest, she is living in sin herself :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

im letting everything get on top of me!
    feels like i cant do a fecking thing right!!

Yay. I iz going to the Mass Effect 3 Launch Party in Dublin.

Sorry but it's something that really gets to me and I'm quite passionate about since I studied and worked in the health and fitness industry for so long. The perception of what is and is not healthy is very skewed. I'm an 8-10 and bodyfat wise and hip to waist measurement wise I'm not great. That's someone who trains 12 - 17 hours a week and eats a lot of fruit and veg, but, I also eat too much sugar and don't eat enough in general. At 5'2'' and about 58 - 60 kg (lots of muscle I don't care too much about weight) I am just inside the 'ideals'. Build wise I could probably go no less than 8.5 stone without looking ill as my back is broad for a girl of my size and I'm muscular.

Depending on build(bone structure, muscle), a size 10 is not necessarily small or healthy. People are very unrealistic about this. I don't want to offend or upset anyone by posting this. Of course it's different if you've had an eating disorder and your doctor says that to you, but, to your average person without that history I don't see the problem to be honest. Some people need tough love to realise what they're doing to themselves if there are no psychological or medical reasons behind it.

A size ten is not overweight.

Agreed. However I do feel that it could have been phrased far more constructively. That's what I object to.

Having SUCH a bad hair day, made worse by my attempt to cut my fringe at work with a blunt scissors. :o

On the plus side, I bought 5 essence nail polishes in dunnes for 6 quid. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Posy wrote: »
    Having SUCH a bad hair day, made worse by my attempt to cut my fringe at work with a blunt scissors. :o

you did what?

I'll be the first to admit that I don't take care of my hair as I perhaps should. :D
    My fringe is still too long though, so I can repair the damage tonight with a sharper scissors, and a mirror this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Sorry but it's something that really gets to me and I'm quite passionate about since I studied and worked in the health and fitness industry for so long. The perception of what is and is not healthy is very skewed. I'm an 8-10 and bodyfat wise and hip to waist measurement wise I'm not great. That's someone who trains 12 - 17 hours a week and eats a lot of fruit and veg, but, I also eat too much sugar and don't eat enough in general. At 5'2'' and about 58 - 60 kg (lots of muscle I don't care too much about weight) I am just inside the 'ideals'. Build wise I could probably go no less than 8.5 stone without looking ill as my back is broad for a girl of my size and I'm muscular.

Depending on build(bone structure, muscle), a size 10 is not necessarily small or healthy. People are very unrealistic about this. I don't want to offend or upset anyone by posting this. Of course it's different if you've had an eating disorder and your doctor says that to you, but, to your average person without that history I don't see the problem to be honest. Some people need tough love to realise what they're doing to themselves if there are no psychological or medical reasons behind it.

Oh absolutely. People are totally deluded about weight, I currently qualify as obese (but working on it) but a few friends my size wouldn't even classify themselves as overweight, just 'curvy' :rolleyes: Our view of what's normal has definitely become skewed. All you need to do is pick up a few vintage size 10s to see the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

This is going to sound really petty, but I'm so fed up this afternoon. I worked my asse off all weekend, both at college work and in my part time job, was awake at 7 yesterday working on my curriculum plan, and in the college library at 8 this morning. Finished it and pressed print at 12.15, and got it bound. Only to get an email from the lecturer at 12.50 saying the deadline had been extended from Wednesday til Friday.

I know I should be happy that I got it done, which I am, and I'm happy that I had it done before the original deadline. I'm also happy for everyone else that they got the extension. I'm just so fed up that I could have actually relaxed at some stage this weekend, or even had an extra hour in bed this morning.

Meh, I'm just being tired & hormonal and that equals feeling petty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Yay. I iz going to the Mass Effect 3 Launch Party in Dublin.

Aw well done! I didn't get one :(

Pulled my shoulder blade today, half crippled now, boourns!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement