Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Already posted this in R&R but it kind of summed up my day so here it is!

This French woman came into the shop today and stood in front of me looking expectant. I assumed she wanted directions. Boy, was I wrong.
    Without any preamble, she started SCREAMING (properly screaming) that I was going to hell for opening the shop on a Sunday. I was disobeying God's will by opening. He died for our sins. I am a dirty dirty sinner. She did all this while doing this creepy, insane-looking smile.

Now, I can deal with angry people. Or drunk people. But this woman had a look in her eyes that made me think there was something really wrong with her. She looked like the sort who would suddenly lash out at you, start choking you, try to garotte you with a guitar wire while singing "You've got a friend in Jesus" and smiling that creepy smile.

Scared me half to death! Totally killed my good mood.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Links234 wrote: »
    I take it that you wouldn't have the ticketmaster receipt from when you paid thrown anywhere?
    no, sadly not :( it was in sound cellar, and I don't think they give receipts?

Ah damn, I always get receipts from the booth in stephen's green so I assumed that all the ticketmaster outlets did.

Did you guys buy your tix together? Maybe if you called up and gave them your ticket number and explained the situation and when/where you bought the ticket etc, they might be able to work out your gf's tucket's no and reissue it?

Hope she finds it! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

nope, we got ours at separate times too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I am so annoyed right now. My bf sometimes stays in his friend's house, maybe 2 nights a week, sometimes more and sometimes less. His friend's gf wrote a note to him and his other friend demanding that my bf and his other friend pay household bills etc because they stay there sometimes. But get this, she gives her boyfriend nothing and she's got a job and is getting about 450 euro a week. Actually thinking about it I'm fuming. :mad:

That's so out of line!

Your boyfriend and his friend should tell her that they won't give him money until she starts paying him too. No joke. Why shouldnt this new rule not apply to her?! Not even her house....people like that are so infuriating

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Links234 wrote: »
    nope, we got ours at separate times too :(

Damn, I'm out of ideas then. Sorry! :-(
    I hope it turns up! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

This French woman came into the shop today and stood in front of me looking expectant. I assumed she wanted directions. Boy, was I wrong.
    Without any preamble, she started SCREAMING (properly screaming) that I was going to hell for opening the shop on a Sunday. I was disobeying God's will by opening. He died for our sins. I am a dirty dirty sinner. She did all this while doing this creepy, insane-looking smile.

Now, I can deal with angry people. Or drunk people. But this woman had a look in her eyes that made me think there was something really wrong with her. She looked like the sort who would suddenly lash out at you, start choking you, try to garotte you with a guitar wire while singing "You've got a friend in Jesus" and smiling that creepy smile.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

:eek:

Wow....did you call the guards? That's crazy....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have to get up in 5 hours. Super.

kate.m wrote: »
    :eek:

Wow....did you call the guards? That's crazy....
    Honestly, I felt a bit sorry for her because there was something wrong with her. I was just glad when she left to continue to spread "the message". She was stopping people on the street to give out to them and going into all the open shops. I think the irony of her doing so much on a Sunday was lost on her. This kind of thing happens to me all the time, the guards would have to build a little station in the shop if I called them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

:eek: People are crazy!!! :eek:
    kate.m wrote: »
    That's so out of line!

Your boyfriend and his friend should tell her that they won't give him money until she starts paying him too. No joke. Why shouldnt this new rule not apply to her?! Not even her house....people like that are so infuriating

I know, the more I think about it the more annoyed I'm getting! :mad: They told her they wouldn't pay a penny. I don't know if her bf knows about it either which is worse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Ruined my weekend by being selfish cow! was supposed to enjoy time but no, instead i turned into grumpy spoilt cow cos i didnt get to do stuff i wanted !

I only just noticed how much larger the hole in my ear seems to be.

MsAllybear wrote: »
    Ruined my weekend by being selfish cow! was supposed to enjoy time but no, instead i turned into grumpy spoilt cow cos i didnt get to do stuff i wanted !

MsAllybear, you okay? xx
    I only just noticed how much larger the hole in my ear seems to be.

Keep an eye on it and make sure it's not getting infected boney.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone watching the Oscars?

krudler wrote: »
    anyone watching the Oscars?
    I am! I can never resist. Did a tour of the theatre where it's held when I was in LA, loved it.

that opening Billy Crystal thing was a bit rubbish though. and Justin Bieber was in it, ugh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Acoshla wrote: »
    But sure physically the younger the better to have a baby, that's why 17 year olds snap back to their original shape, have more energy to deal with babies etc. Babymaking should be slowing down by 35 when most people are only after starting these days due to careers/finances/having too much fun.
    Ah yes, but at 17 I would have made a ridiculously bad mother, even now looking after two plants and a fish gives me a head-ache. If I don't have a child until I'm 40, I mightn't be able to run around after him/her like a young wan (although due to my arthritis I could never run around like a young wan) but I'd hopefully be a better, more capable mother with a stable home life to offer a child, which I wouldn't have had in my teens/twenties.

Sorry to hear that you're going to hell, Foux. :(
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Posy wrote: »
    Ha, mine too, I was 7lbs 1oz.. didn't guess it though, damn!
    Missed the boat there Posy! :p
    The only reason I even remember my birth weight is because for years I thought I was 7lbs 7oz. Turns out it was my brothers weight. :o
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I am so annoyed right now. My bf sometimes stays in his friend's house, maybe 2 nights a week, sometimes more and sometimes less. His friend's gf wrote a note to him and his other friend demanding that my bf and his other friend pay household bills etc because they stay there sometimes. But get this, she gives her boyfriend nothing and she's got a job and is getting about 450 euro a week. Actually thinking about it I'm fuming. :mad:
    Jesus she's a piece of work Jane! :eek:
    Don't pay any attention to her. I'm sure if your boyfriends friend knew what was going on he wouldn't stand for it at all. :)

Got loads of college stuff done today. :D
    Told my Mam and sister about my crazy dog chocolate drops dream and they laughed themselves silly! :o Not telling my Dad or brother because they'll never shut up about it!

Links, I hope your girlfriend manages to sort something out for the concert.
    Hope everyone that's going has a great time. :)

It's okay, Stephen Fry will be there. That's all I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Finally all caught up! Back from my weekend in Longford, I really do love my friends. Up till 4 in the morning singing and drinking! Havn't stopped smiling since Friday :D and I felt really pretty today, had a floaty yellow dress on! :)

• Advertisement

Mollikins wrote: »
    Jesus she's a piece of work Jane! :eek:
    Don't pay any attention to her. I'm sure if your boyfriends friend knew what was going on he wouldn't stand for it at all. :)

I know, I'm still so pissed off about it! The absolute cheek of her! Bf told her to f*** off. I mean, did she really think that either my bf or the other friend were going to give her money?! She has a job, my bf doesn't. Neither does her bf or the other friend she asked to give her money. She's either not living in reality or is really just that brazen and stingy. Honestly I'm thinking it might be the latter. I don't mean to be bitchy or whatever but she's taking the piss.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ladies lounge pizza and cocktails in hell sounds like it'd be great craic.
    And if I go back to college I'll probably end up working Evil Sundays... eeeexcellent.

given the choice I'd much prefer hell, Bill Hicks and Christopher Hitchens are there, and there'll be better music :cool:

krudler wrote: »
    given the choice I'd much prefer hell, Bill Hicks and Christopher Hitchens are there, and there'll be better music :cool:
    Bill Hicks is one of those people who, if I met him, I would just freeze up around. Just stand there going "huuuuuuh".
    Hell sounds pretty great. Nice and warm, barbecues,etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    i made your protein muffins again stench
    used natural yogurt this time instead of greek
    also for the "icing" i put in a spoon of cocoa because the powder on its own was too sweet for me
    so it was protein powder, cocoa, and water, mixed into a slightly thicker goop

did you try the choc nut yet?

They look lovely. Did they taste nice?

Yeh I tried the chocolate nut in brownies. I overdid them though so going to make them again during the week. Tasted nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Up early for my 9am lecture, had my coffee and all, and it turns out they've changed the location... I may have missed a few since Christmas... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Morning loungers! Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

I'm feeling a little like I'm going to kick some college work asse today! Working on my curriculum plan for a pre-school which is due in on Wednesday, and it's looking like I could finish it today :D

stayed up watching the oscars til after 4.30, had to be up for work at 7am, yeah, not one of my best ideas in hindsight, zombie mode activated, just pour coffee in my eyes and try make it through the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I need coffee and I don't even drink coffee! I barely fecking slept!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Squeeeeeeeeeeee London tomorrow :D

Boyfriend and I made home-made pizzas last night, using this recipe. My boyfriend did all the hard work, kneading, mixing etc. He's more patience than I have. :o

Finished results were deeeeelicious, pepperoni, salami, chorizo, smoked streaky rashers, mushrooms, garlic, etc. Mmm. Can still smell it all over the house this morning.

Still some left overs for lunch today :D

Breakfast now, rashers, eggs, waffles. Yum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement