Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Headshot wrote: »
    I stopped watching it recently

Just have no interest in it anymore. Find its not good anymore

I've started watching it again after all the buzz, gave up early on as I found the characters a bit boring, enjoying it now though.

Their technobabble does annoy me though, this week's offence was the teraflop of data. That's a measure of performance, not capacity you fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

What annoys me was he left his grapple gun arrow swinging in merlyn's elevator shaft with his fingerprints all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

What annoys me was he left his grapple gun arrow swinging in merlyn's elevator shaft with his fingerprints all over it.

When I saw that I thought forward to a couple of years later when someone's in there doing some maintenance and think WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Predicted this all season, but 100% confirmed now....Tommy becomes the new Dark Archer, it's Spiderman/Harry Osborne all over again.....:rolleyes:

Its such a darn cliche! :rolleyes: i expected more from the producers, when Oliver asked what Tommy did and he said he worked closely with his father, Tommy seeing Laurel and Oliver porking....the promo for the season finale, Tommy finds the Dark Archer's lair....pretty obvious Malcolm gets killed at the hands of Oliver.

He takes over Queen Industries and trains up to avenge his fathers death etc.
    As for the ep. - pretty solid stuff, i was :eek: at the
    killing of Yuo Fei
    and Malcolm discovering the identity of Arrow.

Felicity was awesome as usual, hope she dosent get into trouble for the hacking next week! :eek:

Roy is on his Speedy trajectory, wonder if Moira gets killed + if SHE is the one pulling Fryers strings on the island?

We saw a womans legs....gotta be her right?, great season overall - its fluff but good fluff :)
    Whats your source for that?, Jesus i hope it doesnt go down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Whats your source for that?, Jesus i hope it doesnt go down that route.

Its his hunch I imagine, and I reckon that is the way they are going. Now that Merlin knows Oliver is the Arrow he can't survive another season. I don't think Tommy will just accept Oliver killing his dad!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

miralize wrote: »
    Its not difficult to use the spoilers tag. Also it's a place for discussion as well. Do you suggest we make multiple threads to talk about the episode & the show in general.

be fair to me, i did spoiler tag a major event in the episode...and the rest was speculation based on what i saw in the season, the latest episode...and the finlae promo.

Granted i shouldnt have mentioned a scene in the promo, but i used it to backup my theory/specualtion....and the other poster shouldnt have called you a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

be fair to me, i did spoiler tag a major event in the episode...and the rest was speculation based on what i saw in the season, the latest episode...and the finlae promo.

Granted i shouldnt have mentioned a scene in the promo, but i used it to backup my theory/specualtion....and the other poster shouldnt have called you a twat.

Goddammit, I thiught I was reading about archer not arrow so I go back to see what you said. In fairness it was not exactly twist of the century

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To be fair, you should've spoilered the mention of the promo for next week because a lot of people choose not to watch them to avoid spoilers. True, Tommy's going down a dark path but you could've said that without referring to next week's episode at all.

It's the same reason I get annoyed at things like headlines/posts saying how someone is to become a series regular next season(for any show), as that means they're safe for the season finale.
    Or when a news story states someone from a series is cast in another series, which usually means their character will be written out of their current series. These announcements should always be preempted with "Spoilers for major character from..." and whatever their current series is.
    Or, as I've seen in reviews for Game of Thrones that claim they won't be spoiling the books, when they make reference to a character as they are in the fifth book. Means they survive that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭squonk

Richard does this a lot. I could have watched Arrow Wednsday night as it came down onto my system just as i was about to hit the hay. I don't get the whole 'has to be first to comment on an item with spoilers' thing. I know this thread is a **SPOILERS** thread but there has to be some level of common sense. If I come on next week at 3AM and post "Yup, as suspected, Malcolm dies and Tommy goes into Revenge Mode, plus Laurel quits the public defenders office and opens a stall selling lemonade and cakes in the reception area of Merlin Industries", then I rightly deserve a kicking because 95% of people haven't had a chance to see the show yet. I think spoiler tags should be used for the first 24 hours after a show has become available.

squonk wrote: »
    Richard does this a lot. I could have watched Arrow Wednsday night as it came down onto my system just as i was about to hit the hay. I don't get the whole 'has to be first to comment on an item with spoilers' thing. I know this thread is a **SPOILERS** thread but there has to be some level of common sense. If I come on next week at 3AM and post "Yup, as suspected, Malcolm dies and Tommy goes into Revenge Mode, plus Laurel quits the public defenders office and opens a stall selling lemonade and cakes in the reception area of Merlin Industries", then I rightly deserve a kicking because 95% of people haven't had a chance to see the show yet. I think spoiler tags should be used for the first 24 hours after a show has become available.

I'm sorry I don't buy this, just don't come into the thread once you know it has aired, they are always available around 4am-ish and I never go into any spoiler thread once I know the show has aired,there is no need. Watch it and then enter the thread.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I stay out of the thread between the time it aired and the time I see it. I think the main problem here is posting about next week's show based on the promo that some people choose not to watch.

To summarise, my understanding of this thread is to:
    - Post spoilers of upcoming episodes/plotlines/characters in spoiler tags. This includes links to news stories as direct links usually have the spoiler in the address and mentions of things like "Woohoo, Huntress is back next week".
    - Talk about any episodes that have aired without the need for spoiler tags. maybe even update the thread title to say **Spoilers for latest episode**

I think spoiler tags should be preceded by what the spoiler is in relation to so people can choose to see if they want to.

Another type of spoiler I'm not a fan of, which happened in the Nikita thread was people trying to guess who the upcoming major character death would be. I'd prefer not to know a major character is going to die since that means you're sitting watching the episode waiting for a death rather than getting a shock when a main character dies.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, I stay out of the thread between the time it aired and the time I see it. I think the main problem here is posting about next week's show based on the promo that some people choose not to watch..

Ye that part is true,there should be no hints of anything to come based on promos, some people don't like to watch them,but anything about the episode just aired is fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Preview for the final episode, **Spoilers Galore** :P

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=79245

One thing that got me about the episode is how Diggle got a job in security pretty much right away. No vetting done? Sure Felicity could've hacked in and placed his name as starting that day, but wasn't the whole point of breaking in because of her not being ble to hack their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Spoilers man? And in the first line too...
    Spoiler tagged thread + its speculation on my part.
    Drodan wrote: »
    Dude dont be a twat and come onto the thread BEFORE watching the episode, seriously it's where it's discussed.
    Its not difficult to use the spoilers tag. Also it's a place for discussion as well. Do you suggest we make multiple threads to talk about the episode & the show in general.
    thats is ****ing spoiler, the rules clearly state you are free to talk about an episode that has aired, not future material that has not yet aired, richard stated in his first line that it was 100% guaranteed therefore its a future spoiler which should have a spoiler tag covering it,

from the charter
    Just to be completely clear on the use of spoilers:
    - If a thread title has the word "Spoilers" in it, then it is OK to discuss the most recent episode (or older) without using [ spoiler ] tags.
    - If you have news about a future episode (from spoilerfix, ausiello etc.), then most people don't want to know (no, really - they prefer to be surprised by major plot developments and twists).
    - If you feel it should be posted anyway, please use [ spoiler ] tags (to give people the option of reading them or not). Also contextualise the spoiler by saying what it's about outside of the spoiler tag (Spoiler about Season Finale, Spoiler about Character Exit, etc.)
    - Links to interviews, show news etc. are OK (people can decide on whether or not to click them).
    - Posting Youtube clips of "next episode" promos is also OK in the TV forum (people can decide whether or not to watch them).
    - Bear in mind that some show-specific forums in the TV category have their own rules about where promo clips can be posted. Please check their charter if you are not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

episode is out....so no bitching about spoilers, off to watch now....sp EXPECT SPOILERS////

DONT FLIPPIN READ THE THREAD UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN IT.

episode is out....so no bitching about spoilers, off to watch now....sp EXPECT SPOILERS////

DONT FLIPPIN READ THE THREAD UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN IT.

And how are they supposed to see that post Einstein, without reading the thread?

Just use spoiler tags, its not that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Didn't see that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Did
    felicity
    survive??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Ok, that was
    awesome

Thoroughly enjoyed that episode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭stephen97

ok so tommy gets impaled and looks like he is dead, laurels dad turns off the device but earthquake goes ahead because of a second device, and oliver finally has the better of mr merlin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

That was a brilliant finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Great finale to a great new series, bring on season 2

That was an excellent finale. Didn't see a few things coming, didn't think they would have the balls to actually have a 2nd device and level half the glades. Also I did think Tommy would become the new bad guy,like Harry Osbourne in Spiderman but instead he dies saving Laurel, probably a better way to go than making him the bad guy.

Really exciting and excellent finale!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Fantastic finale. That's how it should be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And how are they supposed to see that post Einstein, without reading the thread?

Just use spoiler tags, its not that hard.

If episode has aired in the US there is no need for spoiler tags

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Now that was an excellent season finale.

• Advertisement

Well that was a great finale. Not much holding back. Wonder where they'll go next season, in the city and the island.

Does Shado remind anyone else of Jordana Brewster?

Advertisement