Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

10 episodes Looks likes
    Oliver will die in Crisis
    and then deal with it after.
    Maybe do a backdoor pilot for Birds of Prey or maybe bring the future timeline to a new show?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

10 episodes Looks likes
    Oliver will die in Crisis
    and then deal with it after.
    Maybe do a backdoor pilot for Birds of Prey or maybe bring the future timeline to a new show?

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Well at least they are ending it on their own terms unlike a lot of shows that get cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think it’s definitely the right move although I’ve been enjoying this season the right time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Definitely the right move - letting them wrap on their own times and go out on a high if they keep up the current quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,880 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Grand. Batwoman probably get the slot

• Advertisement

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. Well at least they are ending it on their own terms unlike a lot of shows that get cancelled

Yep I wonder will they carry this years storyline over as it will be only for 8 episode. 9 will be crossover and 10 be conclusion

Yep I wonder will they carry this years storyline over as it will be only for 8 episode. 9 will be crossover and 10 be conclusion

Usually each season has it's own storyline so like this year is dealing with the ninth Circle and Team Arrow working with the Police in the Present and then the flash forwards dealing with how Star City has changed . Present Day storyline will probably finish off this season and the flash forwards will continue next season.

I wonder if the storyline next season will be focused more on setting up the foundation of the Star City that we see in the flash forwards.

I still think the Crisis will be used to merge Earth 1 and Earth 38 which will lead to a completely different Future so the last episode of Arrow would focus on a completely different Star City.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I love the arrow verse but it has some very very annoying female characters in it , but this new one
    Mia Smoake
    could be the worst yet.

I imagine we are supposed to be rooting for them and I so wanted Will to pull the trigger !

Also , totally did not recognise
    Adrian Paul as Dante
    , good casting and i look forward to more of his work

What would the point be of having vigilantes on the SCPD if they can't be vigilantes?

And who keeps their barrels of acid outside where everyone can access them easily?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What would the point be of having vigilantes on the SCPD if they can't be vigilantes?

And who keeps their barrels of acid outside where everyone can access them easily?

Yeah thought the same thing and what was the point having them not use their own weapons. At least now they can do things their way .

Next week’s episode looks interesting as
    it’s set mostly in 2040 but will also show Mia’s childhood

• Advertisement

Yeah thought the same thing and what was the point having them not use their own weapons. At least now they can do things their way .

Next week’s episode looks interesting as
    it’s set mostly in 2040 but will also show Mia’s childhood
    I wonder how they will stay clear of what happens to Oliver given Arrow is ending presumably with his death or less likely ascension to higher being if DC do that

I wonder how they will stay clear of what happens to Oliver given Arrow is ending presumably with his death or less likely ascension to higher being if DC do that

I’m guessing something happens
    this season that causes Oliver and Felicity to go into hiding probably related to the ninth circle. Felicity probably gives birth before the crossover happens and raises Mia in secret. They will probably just say that he’s gone which can mean he’s either dead or missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

The flash forwards have been awful this season and a whole episode of it was the pits. The end can’t come quick enough.

TonyD79 wrote: »
    The flash forwards have been awful this season and a whole episode of it was the pits. The end can’t come quick enough.

That was a great episode and they are great in my opinion. This episode and
    the birds of prey
    episode are a gauge of what show they could do next

For this week's episode:
    Wasn't there already someone identified as being responsible for the boat sinking?

Where is Felicity getting the money for building Archer and hiring help? And what is Smoak Tech supposed to actually do? Did she ever sell that chip that lets her walk?

Speaking of Archer, apart from it being a highly illegal surveillance system, are there now satellites that can track people in real time based on their DNA? How would that even work?

Casting news
    It’s looking like
    Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity)
    will be leaving at the end of the season.
    Kind of makes sense seeing as her character is pregnant and in the flash forwards , Dinah, Rene, William and Roy didn’t know she had a kid.
    TVline

• Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Casting news
    It’s looking like
    Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity)
    will be leaving at the end of the season.
    Kind of makes sense seeing as her character is pregnant and in the flash forwards , Dinah, Rene, William and Roy didn’t know she had a kid.
    TVline

I am surprised by this, surely she would be around a bit for the final season

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am surprised by this, surely she would be around a bit for the final season

Yeah that’s what I keep on seeing in the comments for any article mentioning it or on reddit. It kind of makes sense from a story point of view as
    in the flash forward episode we learned that she never went to Star City at all when Mia was growing up and nobody on Team Arrow had seen her for years or even knew about Mia. Something probably happens this season that means she has to go into hiding permanently , probably something to do with the Archer Program that she created seeing as the Ninth Circle want it which we learned last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

How many people did Felicity kill in the warehouse? She was lauding herself for not killing Diaz and then she happily murders a dozen people, blew up a load of property, makes jokes and talks about Laurel going down a dark route!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Monotype wrote: »
    How many people did Felicity kill in the warehouse? She was lauding herself for not killing Diaz and then she happily murders a dozen people, blew up a load of property, makes jokes and talks about Laurel going down a dark route!

have to say im delighted shes gone for the last season

• Advertisement

We finally got a good idea why Felicity went into hiding along with how Archer is still around in the future. Next week is the season finale

Good finale but no idea what the final season will be like given what happens to Oliver. Probably will need to wait for the finales for the other shows but I've a feeling they will all be leading up to the Crisis Event

Final season could be
    Arrow:Legacy - with everyone's favourite murderous team, since it seems wearing hoods, masks or helmets makes the bad guys less human.

Oliver's adventures through the multiverse where he crosses over into other CW shows like Supernatural, Riverdale and The 100

Have they ever actually clarified what John and Renee are firing from their guns since they've shot a lot of people, fatally, if real bullets.

And good job they're finishing next season since they seem to now be on a very low budget going by the effects in that finale. May help if they trimmed a lot of the fat

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Final season could be
    Arrow:Legacy - with everyone's favourite murderous team, since it seems wearing hoods, masks or helmets makes the bad guys less human.

Oliver's adventures through the multiverse where he crosses over into other CW shows like Supernatural, Riverdale and The 100

Have they ever actually clarified what John and Renee are firing from their guns since they've shot a lot of people, fatally, if real bullets.

And good job they're finishing next season since they seem to now be on a very low budget going by the effects in that finale. May help if they trimmed a lot of the fat

In relation to Renée and John , I’m assuming they just shoot in non lethal areas. Couldn’t see the SCPD working with Team Arrow if they knew two of the members were killing multiple people. I heard somewhere that Amell won’t be around for much of Season 8 so this could mean that it will pick up before Mia is born and when he leaves is the start of the Crossover Event

In relation to Renée and John , I’m assuming they just shoot in non lethal areas. Couldn’t see the SCPD working with Team Arrow if they knew two of the members were killing multiple people. I heard somewhere that Amell won’t be around for much of Season 8 so this could mean that it will pick up before Mia is born and when he leaves is the start of the Crossover Event

I always thought that shot rubber bullets or something to knock them out

I always thought that shot rubber bullets or something to knock them out

They probably are or something like the icers in agents of shield

The CW have released their fall schedule and Arrow has moved to Tuesday nights after The Flash
    Season 8 plot synopsis

Oliver, in the wake of discovering what his future holds, will find himself pit against his most challenging battle yet, one that will leave the multiverse hanging in the balance,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m only on episode 3 of season 7 so no spoilers please.

How many years have passed since Diggle’s kid was born or was last seen on screen?

He looks a lot older than I would expect.

That is one rubbish FBI agent. She hounds a superhero who has killed bas people but let’s an actual criminal and murder run rampant. :P

There has been no reference to Oliver’s imprisonment in The Flash. Do the early episodes of The Flash season 5 take place before the end of Arrow Season 6? If this this is going to be explained in later episode then I will wait for it - but if it is something that I should remember from the previous seasons then I need to know.

I like the “shared universe” but it causes problems at times too. When Cayden James has Star City under siege and even ARGUS couldn’t help why did Barry not intervene? Yes, he had The Thinker on his hands, the shows have to stand apart, etc. but it makes no sense that this would happen and another hero wouldn’t help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

I like the “shared universe” but it causes problems at times too. When Cayden James has Star City under siege and even ARGUS couldn’t help why did Barry not intervene? Yes, he had The Thinker on his hands, the shows have to stand apart, etc. but it makes no sense that this would happen and another hero wouldn’t help.

That’s the problem with shared universes. Look at marvels films when it comes to the stand alone films. Where were the rest of the avengers when Tony Stark was getting his ass kicked in Iron Man 3.

• Advertisement

Casting news
    Katherine McNamara (Mia Smoak) and Joseph - David Jones (Connor Hawke) have been promoted to series regulars. Also
    Josh Segara and Colin Donnell will guest star but will not be playing their former characters, (Adrian Chase and Tommy Merlyn).
    Adrian Chase comes back in a different way than expected," showrunner Beth Schwartz told Entertainment Weekly. "We're really excited about that because obviously he's one of our favorite villains."

On the subject of Tommy Merlyn, executive producer Marc Guggenheim promised Donnell is "not coming back as the Tommy we know."

Advertisement