Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭corkie

Elseworlds, Crossover!

The Flash ~ Elseworlds, Part 1 ~ 9 Dec. 2018

Arrow ~ Elseworlds, Part 2 ~ 10 Dec. 2018

SuperGirl ~ Elseworlds, Part 3 ~ 11 Dec. 2018

^^^ Links may contain spoilers to the crossover series of episodes.

Edit:- Elseworlds (Arrowverse Crossover) [** Spoilers **] Thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

They could be backdooring into the new batwoman show with Ruby Rose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just caught up on this season. Last week's episode was phenomenally good. Glad to see a bit of new life being added to this show - hopefully it can maintain the level of quality it's been hitting so far this season and not go down the route it did last year (starting really well and then limping to the finale in the second half). They need to figure out something for Diggle and Curtis though - their stuff this season has been the weakest by far.

Good episode last night. Nice to see that Diaz is still in the story.

I was browsing IGN while watching this episode so the revelation about the new archer (apparently called
    Emiko Queen, and is Ollie's half sister
    ) was spoiled in one of their articles (in the title - I didn't even read it). :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    Good episode last night. Nice to see that Diaz is still in the story.

I was browsing IGN while watching this episode so the revelation about the new archer (apparently called
    Emiko Queen, and is Ollie's half sister
    ) was spoiled in one of their articles (in the title - I didn't even read it). :rolleyes:

Yeah, I just had a browse on CBR.com and one of the headlines mentioned that the new Green Arrow was unmasked so I'm avoiding the site along with youtube and Facebook until I watch the episode. I've been spoiled by the YouTube main page enough times already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

Chain mail curtains nice idea 😄

Arrow is really firing on all cylinders at the moment. Introducing Emiko seems like a further step in the right direction and breathes new life into the series, and despite the questionable old person makeup so do the flash forwards which are shaping up nicely. And new iteration of Suicide Squad now confirmed makes Diggle, Lilah, and Diaz all a million times more relevant than they've been in quite some time. Dinah and Rene are making strides in their own character threads, which gives Oliver and Felicity a chance to take more of a backseat every now and again, which helps keep the characters fresh. No Laurel this week, but she's been doing a good job all season too.

Curtis, however, remains to be the elephant in the room and I can't help but feel they're struggling to find things for him to do - interestingly when Dinah appeals to Rene in the future she mentions that Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Dinah, Rene, and Roy all promised to have each others backs, which would leave me to believe that either they simply forgot about Curtis again or he may not make it to the end of the season. Present Roy presumably will be returning at some point this season and I wonder if Curtis will bow out around the same time. I actually like Echo Kellum and when he was initially introduced enjoyed Curtis as a character, but he's been floundering for ages. I do enjoy his Bromance with Rene and when himself and Felicity completely geek out about something, but he doesn't really add much value aside from that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rene lost the scar but gained a lot of hair.

So are we now going to get 5 seasons of flashbacks for Emiko?

I was listening to see if they would use the Suicide Squad name.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was listening to see if they would use the Suicide Squad name.

Apparently they're still not allowed use the name officially, which seems a bit odd since they're allowed use other things from the movies (Superman being the big one), but I'm calling them Suicide Squad anyway... and next week Diaz will be getting his first mission as leader of this new Suicide Squad alongside some familiar faces... :D

• Advertisement

Also Starring LeVar Burton reported to DC for refusing to conform.

Did anyone else think that death would stick? :)

Another good episode. Still not sure about the Suici... er... Ghost Initiative though.

I wonder who is doing the stalking?

Mr E wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that death would stick? :)

If it hadn't of happened halfway through the episode with so little sense of foreboding I might have believed it, but it just felt off. Foreshadowing for his actual death before the season's end though, I could believe.

https://www.cbr.com/arrows-cancellation-renewal-decided-mid-2019/

With Arrow just after been renewed for an 8th season, The CW will decide whether or not to renew for a 9th season or cancel during Upfronts in May. If they decide to cancel they will at least have next season to finish it off properly.

With Arrow just after been renewed for an 8th season, The CW will decide whether or not to renew for a 9th season or cancel during Upfronts in May. If they decide to cancel they will at least have next season to finish it off properly.

Always good to know well in advance. At the end of Season 7, Stephen Amell's contract is up and he's said that after that he'll take things on a year by year basis, but from what I've heard he's probably more keen to wrap things up sooner rather than letting things drag on forever, so wouldn't surprise me if the decision ultimately comes down tp what he wants to do at this point (much like Jared Padelecki and Jensen Ackles have the decision when Supernatural ends). Since Arrow is the second longest running series on The CW and its success spawned an entire franchise which makes up so much of CW's lineup its hard not to imagine the network has enough loyalty to the series to let them decide to end on their own terms at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If it hadn't of happened halfway through the episode with so little sense of foreboding I might have believed it, but it just felt off. Foreshadowing for his actual death before the season's end though, I could believe.
    From a person I watch in YouTube who reviews the episode there is reports he has not been seen on set lately

From a person I watch in YouTube who reviews the episode there is reports he has not been seen on set lately
    He's done so little this season that he probably only shows up for an hour or so for each episode. I like Echo Kellum just fine and thought Curtis was grand when he first showed up as a recurring character, but he's just been so overshadowed by every other member of the cast and doesn't really fit in very well anymore. I do enjoy his bromance with Rene, but Rene has evolved so much at this point that those comedy scenes just don't make sense for Rene to be a part of.

Spoilers for this week's episode
    Didn't realise this week was a landmark episode so was surprised to see returning faces.

Though how does Barry Allen know Oliver well enough to be interviewed?

And why were 2 ARGUS agents arrested?

The future looks interesting with
    Conor Hawke
    . He previously showed up in Legends of Tomorrow
    in an alternate future time line and was actually John Diggle Junior
    so I wonder if it’s the same here seeing as it’s the same actor

The future looks interesting with
    Conor Hawke
    . He previously showed up in Legends of Tomorrow
    in an alternate future time line and was actually John Diggle Junior
    so I wonder if it’s the same here seeing as it’s the same actor
    Probably his son but they have said it is a different future then was in Legends. That future is gone

• Advertisement

Probably his son but they have said it is a different future then was in Legends. That future is gone

Yeah I know that. That future timeline
    existed due to the Legends not stoppping Vandal Savage

Yeah I know that. That future timeline
    existed due to the Legends not stoppping Vandal Savage

Just letting you and anyone who reads spoilers know

Had a feeling the
    serial killer was Stanley
    from the scene at the start of the episode with all the photos. And I was correct in relation to Conor Hawke’s
    real identity
    . The whole
    Blackstar
    reveal had been one of the main theories going around when she first showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I am Duncan MacLeod of the Clan Macleod born four hundred years ago in the Highlands of Scotland!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Be gone Connor MacLeod is here to say There can be only ONE!!!

Who thought Virgil was a good name for an Irish guy that was so confusing

An Irish guy with a gold coin at that. Guess it must have been one of his lucky charms.

Where did the rest of Suic...Tas... Ghost Initiative go during that last mission?
    I couldn't care less about the whole Dante thing. It was just a side story to give Curtis and Diggle something to do up until now

I know Ollie is publicly known now, but I still don't like him not wearing the hood. Looks so weird.

How long until Laurel's son or daughter shows up in the future?

So is that the end or will he turn up all burned?

And how is Kelly Hu 51?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

CastorTroy wrote: »

And how is Kelly Hu 51?

TalVwuy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Be gone Connor MacLeod is here to say There can be only ONE!!!

Who thought Virgil was a good name for an Irish guy that was so confusing

It's an alias. Dante is guided through hell by Virgil in Dante's Inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

anytime Felicity is on screen i just bang my head against the wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/arrow-end-season-8-cw-224903556.html

8 is last :(

Advertisement