Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madonna - Aviva Stadium 24th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Irish Aris wrote: »
    As I said before it's a matter of perspective

If I want to just listen and see just a music concert, yes, I would go to Bruce Springsteen.
    If I want to see a show (at least what I consider a show), I will go to Madonna.
    And tbh, if for someone the "miming" part is a problem, they definitely don't want to be there. No offence, but they probably miss the whole picture.

ANyway, with the prices of tickets, you have to be a great fan of the artist to go to his/her show/concert. I mean I would love to see Bruce Springsteen live, but my familiarity with his music doesn't go beyond a Greatest Hits CD I have, so no way I am giving 85 euros to see him. Even for Madonna I would think twice (or more!!) before actually giving 141 euros (I presume this will be the price for standing)-and I have almost all of her discography.
    (I am still debating with myself about the Tom Petty concert at O2 in June. I like his music and his average setlist is designed for me, but 65 euros?? Man, you are killing me!!)

I;d say the 141 euro tix will be for the pit standing. I'd say there will be different prices for normal standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Why would you pay an extortionate price to watch somebody mime?:confused: Just stay at home and listen to the CD no?

But it's Madonna!!!!

That's the justification for some people. I wouldn't pay €20 to see that woman anywhere. Has been is all she is these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    But it's Madonna!!!!

That's the justification for some people. I wouldn't pay €20 to see that woman anywhere. Has been is all she is these days

I'd say she'll do ok without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭squonk

I'd pay 141 euro to see Kate Bush. That's a far rarer gig and would be well worth it. Madonna, not so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I'd say she'll do ok without you.

She will do just fine when people will blindly go and watch an old hag lip sync to songs. That's ok though because she is dancing.

• Advertisement

She will do just fine when people will blindly go and watch an old hag lip sync to songs. That's ok though because she is dancing.

Relax man you have a lot of anger inside you.

Go listen to Holiday might cheer you up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Relax man you have a lot of anger inside you.

Go listen to Holiday might cheer you up.

or

:confused::confused::confused:

"and this next song's a big **** you to all the politicians"

He's hardcore

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

"and this next song's a big **** you to all the politicians"

He's hardcore

As opposed to a shrivelled up hag doing squats thinking its sexy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Just like KISS (fair enough they might not dance , but Stanley busts a few moves here and there) and you could see them for €50

Also paying less to see Paul McCartney and Springsteen and they will SING for nearly 3 hours non stop

McCartney and Springsteen should never in anyway be compared to a granny running around stage on a leotard pretending to sing.

• Advertisement

As opposed to a shrivelled up hag doing squats thinking its sexy?

True Madonna is about as hardcore as that guy, i'd say he wears more make up though.

After stunning a worldwide audience at last Sunday's Super Bowl(:confused::confused::confused::confused:), pop superstar Madonna has confirmed she will embark on a world tour this Summer, supporting new studio album 'MDNA'. Question is, with ticket prices for her Hyde Park show ranging from £70.00 to £125.00, will fans be able to afford to see her?

As part of the tour, Madonna will play three massive shows in the UK and Ireland performing at London's Hyde Park on Tuesday 17th July, followed by a Scottish show at Edinburgh's Murrayfield Stadium on Saturday 21st July. Madonna will then head over to Ireland for a show at Dublin's Aviva Stadium on Tuesday 24th July.

With tickets for the tour going onsale from 9am on Friday 10th February, many fans have criticised the tour on social networking sites over the expensive price of tickets. Madonna recently told fans they should start saving-up to see her, with tickets for her London show receiving a £70.00-£125.00 price-tag, and Edinburgh tickets starting off at £45 for top tier sears. The Queen of pop told Newsweek: "Start saving your pennies now. So work all year, scrape the money together and come to my show. I'm worth it."

It is expected that Madonna will earn approximately £5million for just her UK shows this Summer, however, the singer claims she has to tour to “pay the bills” - that must be one hell of a bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

But it's Madonna!!!!

€20 for me would be a ripoff.

Only chance of me going to this gig would be if it was free, I'd go to any gig for free just to see how bad the act is and laugh at them.

But ItsAWindUp is right, listening to a CD would be the better option for the Madonna fanbase than to be ripped off like she does with all tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kegg

Good luck selling out Madge
    hyde park??? diffo goin to roscommon for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

most expensive ticket is €291 plus booking fee:eek:

The Madonna Hot Ticket package includes:

Top price seated ticket to see Madonna live in concert
    Exclusive gift
    Official tour programme
    Commemorative tour laminate

gold circle standing €266 plus booking fee
    The Madonna Early Entry package includes:

Gold Circle standing ticket to see Madonna live in concert
    Early Entry Pass - access the venue before standard tickets holders
    Exclusive gift

These most be the most expensive prices ever charged in Ireland for a concert

indiewindy wrote: »

Exclusive gift
    Official tour programme

Exclusive gift

What's a normal ticket cost €145 is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Exclusive gift
    Official tour programme

Exclusive gift

The sad thing is they'll probably be snapped up

What's a normal ticket cost €145 is it?
    €54.65 - €141.00 plus booking fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BigFatBass

Exclusive gift
    Official tour programme

Exclusive gift

LOL, No. Britney's VIP packages went up to €600 and when she played in 2009 regular tix went up as far as €156! I am sooooooo at this concert tho! Eeek hope it doesn't sell out too quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

What's with the outrage about the ticket prices? Fair enough, those Early Access tickets are dear, so what, they are limited to 200-300 tickets anyway, her hardcore fans will pay that amount of money, what's it to you?
    The cheapest tickets go for 55e, which is not that much for concerts these days, standing will be around 100e, Golden Circle a bit more expensive. The tickets for 141e should be for the best seats.
    The Stones and U2 charge similar prices for their shows, you don’t hear too many people accusing them of being greedy or too old, but of course that’s because they make “real music”… :rolleyes:

Madonna’s shows are just thoroughly entertaining and spectacular, with great effects, screens, choreography, costumes and imagery. And while the Superbowl performance was mostly mimed, she DOES sing live when she tours, you could tell from her wrecked voice during the late gigs of her last tour. She does sing over prerecorded vocals for songs with a fast-paced choreography, the slow parts are sung live though. Just check out You Must Love Me from the Sticky and Sweet Tour, she is still able to deliver a great vocal from time to time.

Anyway, if you don’t like her, don’t get a ticket, don’t understand why some people get so riled up about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Exclusive gift
    Official tour programme

Exclusive gift

Where did you get the prices from? Tickets not on sale yet, unless you have been looking at one of the fake ticket sites..

dubscottie wrote: »
    Where did you get the prices from? Tickets not on sale yet, unless you have been looking at one of the fake ticket sites..

prices are taken directly from the ticketmaster.ie website not a fake site

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭checkcheek

cant wait, and sure if she mimes the whole thing, i dont really care, ive went to britney loads and i knew that she wasnt gonna sing, i just went for the atmosphere and the whole production, sure when i say britney in 2004 she mimed the whole thing but she was one hell of a dancer and she was damn hot(and im gay) but back then she was the one women who could turn me straight

But ye hope the tickets dont go to fast for madonna

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

checkcheek wrote: »
    cant wait, and sure if she mimes the whole thing, i dont really care, ive went to britney loads and i knew that she wasnt gonna sing, i just went for the atmosphere and the whole production, sure when i say britney in 2004 she mimed the whole thing but she was one hell of a dancer and she was damn hot(and im gay) but back then she was the one women who could turn me straight

But ye hope the tickets dont go to fast for madonna
    The pink pound is alive and well

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublinwon

Wowza so much hatred people. It's hilarious how all these people feel compelled to write crap on a forum entitled madonna aviva?! The grandpa lovers are out in force? Bruce Springsteen Paul McCartney are they still alive? Few facts people madonnas last tour remains the most successful tour Ever, she is currently no.1 in 51 countries at the moment . She does sing live but on average about 3 or 4 songs per 25 song set list she does lip sync because she does actually put on a very energetic show and doesn't sit on a stool boring everyone to death like the artists some of you mentioned. Yes I agree I don't think she is as popular on Ireland as she previously was but west life have sold out croke park year on year do that kinda says it all too. Respect where respect is due there is no one out there that is still at the top of her game after thirty plus years no one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Dublinwon wrote: »
    Wowza so much hatred people. It's hilarious how all these people feel compelled to write crap on a forum entitled madonna aviva?! The grandpa lovers are out in force? Bruce Springsteen Paul McCartney are they still alive? Few facts people madonnas last tour remains the most successful tour Ever, she is currently no.1 in 51 countries at the moment . She does sing live but on average about 3 or 4 songs per 25 song set list she does lip sync because she does actually put on a very energetic show and doesn't sit on a stool boring everyone to death like the artists some of you mentioned. Yes I agree I don't think she is as popular on Ireland as she previously was but west life have sold out croke park year on year do that kinda says it all too. Respect where respect is due there is no one out there that is still at the top of her game after thirty plus years no one

What a load of rubbish.

Oh and U2 have the record for most successful tour followed by those other grandpa's The Rolling Stones. I bet their bank balance says top of the game after 36 and 50 years respectively.

Neither of them lip sync. or sit on stools.

Dublinwon wrote: »

Bruce Springsteen boring , not energetic and not at the top of his game??????

Bruce Springsteen boring , not energetic and not at the top of his game??????

See I find that boring and the Madonna performance entertaining, people are different.

That's why I wouldn't go into a Bruce Springsteen thread and slag him off while praising Madonna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

No accounting for taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tickets from 54.65 - 141 on sale feb 17th.

That is quiet cheap :o

Advertisement