Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madonna - Aviva Stadium 24th July

Options
  • 06-02-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

Just read she is playing a gig at Aviva Stadium July 24th. It's announced sometime this week (I think tomorrow) and on sale next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not surprised they waited till after the Superbowl so she'd be in the minds of a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

How much will tickets be, expensive being Madonna i'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That performance at the superbowl was nothing to write home about imo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The people (not me) that went to see her in Slane won't be going anyway -- not if Iggy pop is going to be support again :rolleyes: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Oh why does it have to be Madonna?

Coldplay have been penned for the Aviva for months now and they can actually sing live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

How much will tickets be, expensive being Madonna i'd imagine.

There is no info yet, judging by her previous tours, i'd say very expensive.
    karaokeman wrote: »
    Oh why does it have to be Madonna?

Coldplay have been penned for the Aviva for months now and they can actually sing live.

I know, i've been waiting for that announcement since Sept. Didn't someone on here say though that Coldplay, Madonna and Gaga are all lined up to play Aviva this year? Hopefully it's true.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

According to Scottish newspaper The Daily Record, (here(, Madonna is preparing to announce she will appear in Scotland for the first time at the 60,000-capacity Murrayfield Stadium, in Edinburgh on Saturday 21st July 2012.

The newspaper says, "tour bosses (are) hoping to announce the date within days." The paper also reveals tickets for Madonna, who appeared in the Super Bowl half time entertainment slot last night, will be priced from £160 for general tickets up to £500 for 'golden circle' tickets.

Madonna is quoted as telling fans to, "Start saving your pennies now. People spend $300 (£190) on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together and come to my show. I'm worth it!"

This tour date has not yet been officially confirmed, ticket on sale dates have not yet been announced, and more of Madonna's tour dates are expected to be revealed shortly, with an appearance at Hyde Park still looking likely to be among them.

Good luck selling out Madge

Good luck selling out Madge

She always sells tickets, think her last tour was the highest grossing tour for a male or female performer ever.

She always sells tickets, think her last tour was the highest grossing tour for a male or female performer ever.

Yes but its not 2004 anymore when people had money

Ya like me, would love to see her but not sure I can afford it.

Will be interesting to see how many she sells here.

• Advertisement

Not sure the recession has had much of an impact on individual gigs as such, maybe festivals like Oxegen where people pay €240+.

Look at U2, they played the highest grossing tour in history and our current economic system didn't seem to have much of an effect on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

karaokeman wrote: »
    Not sure the recession has had much of an impact on individual gigs as such, maybe festivals like Oxegen where people pay €240+.

Look at U2, they played the highest grossing tour in history and our current economic system didn't seem to have much of an effect on that.

How much were U2 tickets though?

How much were U2 tickets though?

Average people spent on a ticket was €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Her performance last night at the Super Bowl was dire. Mimed from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

RonMexico wrote: »
    Her performance last night at the Super Bowl was dire. Mimed from start to finish.

well, I saw her in the Sticky and Sweet tour and they were many prerecorded vocals.
    I guess you would go to her concert for the whole concept: big production, costumes, dancing. After all, she is Madonna!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

:eek: im so going to this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    :eek: im so not going to this!!

:D

Irish Aris wrote: »
    well, I saw her in the Sticky and Sweet tour and they were many prerecorded vocals.
    I guess you would go to her concert for the whole concept: big production, costumes, dancing. After all, she is Madonna!!

That really is no excuse for miming. She is a singer first and foremost. The least she could do is sing live. Otherwise she runs the risk of being accused of employing the other aspects to cover up that she can no longer actually perform live.

That really is no excuse for miming. She is a singer first and foremost. The least she could do is sing live. Otherwise she runs the risk of being accused of employing the other aspects to cover up that she can no longer actually perform live.

is she first and foremost a singer? I wouldn't really think of her as a great singer.
    Anyway, I would say it's a matter of perspective. I listen to a lot of pop music and also electro, where the idea of prerecorded vocals is there. I ve been to Britney Spears, where most likely it was all prerecorded. To Katy Perry, you couldn't really tell-especially in the ballads, her voice was live and crystal clear.
    I wouldn't judge from the superbowl, but yes, I wouldn't be surprised if there are prerecorded voices in her concert. And I wouldn't mind it.
    (and I can't tell for sure if I go. If the tickets will be as expensive as mentioned in previous posts, I will probably pass).

Irish Aris wrote: »

Just like KISS (fair enough they might not dance , but Stanley busts a few moves here and there) and you could see them for €50

Also paying less to see Paul McCartney and Springsteen and they will SING for nearly 3 hours non stop

• Advertisement

She's always said she was not a great singer although she improved her vocals alot around the time of the Evita film.

People would go to see Madonna for the spectacle of it and she's a great dancer.

She was a professional dancer before she became famous, she didn't learn to dance on the mickey mouse club like Britney and Beyonce.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Tickets from 54.65 - 141 on sale feb 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

Defo be going ... :)

Defo be going ... :)

me too!!!
    Do we "know" if the event would sell out fast? Would I need to buy my ticket like 08:01 that morning?
    Last time in Greece (my home country), people went ballistic about her!! Tickets completely sold out in 2 or 3 days (though it was her first visit there, so it made sense)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

My guess is the lower price is for a restricted-view wheelchair seat somewhere towards the back of the pitch or something like that. I think it's safe to assume that 99.5% of the people attending will be coughing up the 141 bills (plus fees) for the privilege.

My guess is the lower price is for a restricted-view wheelchair seat somewhere towards the back of the pitch or something like that. I think it's safe to assume that 99.5% of the people attending will be coughing up the 141 bills (plus fees) for the privilege.

Yea id say €54 tickets are the back of the stadium , like U2 with their €35 tickets were

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

probably in the south stand upper the lower priced tickets. thought the superbowl performance was awful. She may sell out aviva but I wouldnt pay 141 euro for someone to mime for most of the 2 hours when you can see springsteen live for 3 hours for 100 euro and get a much better show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Why would you pay an extortionate price to watch somebody mime?:confused: Just stay at home and listen to the CD no?

I know it is baffling...even more so when some of her fans don't actually consider her a singer first and foremost. :confused:

• Advertisement

As I said before it's a matter of perspective

If I want to just listen and see just a music concert, yes, I would go to Bruce Springsteen.
    If I want to see a show (at least what I consider a show), I will go to Madonna.
    And tbh, if for someone the "miming" part is a problem, they definitely don't want to be there. No offence, but they probably miss the whole picture.

ANyway, with the prices of tickets, you have to be a great fan of the artist to go to his/her show/concert. I mean I would love to see Bruce Springsteen live, but my familiarity with his music doesn't go beyond a Greatest Hits CD I have, so no way I am giving 85 euros to see him. Even for Madonna I would think twice (or more!!) before actually giving 141 euros (I presume this will be the price for standing)-and I have almost all of her discography.
    (I am still debating with myself about the Tom Petty concert at O2 in June. I like his music and his average setlist is designed for me, but 65 euros?? Man, you are killing me!!)

Advertisement