Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »
    Just saw from the Garda twitter feed (https://twitter.com/#!/GardaTraffic )
    that an appeal for Paul will feature on tonight's episode of Crimecall.

This is on RTE 1 at 10.15 pm to 11.15 pm.

Just noticed on the Find Paul facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Paul-Bunbury/344019265618990 ) that last night's Crimecall got some details wrong -

''Unfortunately they [Crimecall] gave the wrong date and wrong last sighting details. Paul is missing since 2nd February, not the 4th. He was last sighted at the O2/Docklands, not DCU.''

Just in case there was any confusion over this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I didn't get a chance to watch Crimecall (and don't think its on the RTE online player) but hopefully they directed viewers to the Crimecall website which has the correct details up.

The link to this is http://www.rte.ie/tv/crimecall/this_month.html and the appeal for Paul is at the bottom of the page

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

Hi all, I have been watching this thread just like everybody else in hopes of good news and I just had a thought, a very silly one perhaps but it is all I can do to help right now, but I decided to look at a map of the surrounding areas of the o2 docklands which led me to use google maps and walk down the roads as such and keep and eye out for warehouses/parks/areas he may be keeping the head low. Silly, I know but its worth a go and anyone who has the means to get to these places could search them if they had the time. I hope to get don to Dublin soon and help

We ran a search down there already.. Posters were put up, but thanks to the nice constant breeze, they get a bit of a battering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I was at the junction of Dorset St. and North Circular Rd. about half an hour ago. There was a lad standing in the middle of the road (Dorset st.) waiting to cross. He had the long hair, beard and glasses.he was wearing faded blue jeans and (I think) a leather coat. Heading along Dorset St. Towards city centre.

Edit: just looked at this thread again. The fella I saw didn't have a distinctive walk. And a lighter beard than the pic in the O/P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stej85

Hey, im pretty sure I seen this guy down on Dame Street in the occupy movement protestors little shack they have yesterday morning at about 11:15. He had the same build, hair and beard as Paul. I can't be certain of course but I work in town and see his pic on the poster every day at my bus stop. I hope he's found safe and sound anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Stej85 wrote: »
    Hey, im pretty sure I seen this guy down on Dame Street in the occupy movement protestors little shack they have yesterday morning at about 11:15. He had the same build, hair and beard as Paul. I can't be certain of course but I work in town and see his pic on the poster every day at my bus stop. I hope he's found safe and sound anyways!
    Report this to the An Garda Siochana. Could be something or it could be nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stej85

I rang them already, said they'll look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Stej85 wrote: »
    I rang them already, said they'll look into it.
    Please god for his family and friends it's something positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

I've been quietly following this thread since the very first pages, i'm really really hoping he shows up, or at least contacts you guys. Please if you're reading, just send a little text.. call from one of those local publi phones, you don't have to say where you are, just let your mom know her beloved son is safe and healthy :(

I went to Ikea not too long ago, I kept looking around like a mad person for posters or for anyone that looked like him. I was ready to walk up to anyone that looked like him and talk to them (and i'm a bit shy so that doesn't happen often). I found nothing though... no posters either...

I don't see any posters in Tallaght eithe, although those would probably not stay up for too long. I'll try and print some off as soon as I can.

Bookmarked this thread, will be keeping myself updated even more often, as opposed to reading 2-5 pages every now and then.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Thing is, Paul's general appearance is very distinctive. I see a lot of guys in Dublin with long hair and that style of facial hair, I must do a double take at least once a day these days. Are there other photos of him apart from the one in the poster that people can reference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Two ideas popped into my head this evening in relation to this and other missing people.

Both of these would obviously require the assistance of Bus Eireann:-

- Give details of missing people on the big screen at Bus Aras.

- Give details of missing people as soon as you login to the Bus Eireann WIFI.

Neither will probably happen, but I thought I would throw it out in there in case some one has a contact with CIE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Things that may have been looked into already, apologies if mentionned already, but is there any relatives in England that he would have gone to see for a few days of his time away to get away, or any music-heads know of any Festivals or Gigs coming up that maybe he could make a weekend or a few days out of, of his time away, many make super-long-"weekends" out of these Events .......

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wexlady44

Things that may have been looked into already, apologies if mentionned already, but is there any relatives in England that he would have gone to see for a few days to get away or any music-heads know of any Festivals or Gigs coming up that maybe he could make a weekend or a few days out of .......

No relatives in England that he would know. He has been missing 5 weeks today.... not just a few days unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

If any of Paul's family ever need any help in Dublin (practical everyday things, lifts, etc.) please PM me. I live near where Paul went missing and look out for him everyday. My thoughts are with you and Paul, G.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Another option could be the Isle of Man, The ferry does not go on the same day each week. It would be interesting to find the nearest ferry after his last confirmed sighting and check that. The ferry goes from the port also.

It would have the advantage of being able to travel without a passport, and would be probably quieter than the UK.

But that was probably followed up anyway.

(I checked on Wikipedia, and the next sailing would have been on Sunday if their info is accurate)

I hope like the other posters that this all works out well and my thoughts are with Paul.

Mod's please delete this post if you feel that is inappropriate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wexlady44 wrote: »
    No relatives in England that he would know. He has been missing 5 weeks today.... not just a few days unfortunately.

Spotted this on Facebook just there (10mins ago).
    URGENT : Can a member of Paul Banbury Family Email Trace With a contact Number as We Have Just Received An Email we need to Discuss with them.

Facebook page is called; Trace Missing Persons Ireland.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trace-Missing-Persons-Ireland/143712565673714

I have a screenshot of the post in the event its removed and you need it.

Hope that helps and may I wish you the very best of luck in finding him. Its a tough time and you are in my prayers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wexlady44

Sully wrote: »
    Spotted this on Facebook just there (10mins ago).

Facebook page is called; Trace Missing Persons Ireland.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trace-Missing-Persons-Ireland/143712565673714

I have a screenshot of the post in the event its removed and you need it.

Hope that helps and may I wish you the very best of luck in finding him. Its a tough time and you are in my prayers. :)

Thanks a million. I just spotted it a minute ago and have emailed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

Please god let him be safe and well....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

GooD luck Wexlady. I hope Paul is coming home to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I really, REALLY hope that the email is good news. My thoughts are with you and your family, Wexlady. I'm going to print out some more posters and put them up around town tomorrow before work, too. The bad weather has left some of them ripped up a bit in town, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Seems to be an appeal for Waterford and other areas such as Limerick ,Tipperary, Cahir, Clomnel, and Carrick-an-suir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

A few more sightings? :eek:

I really hope so. Would be a huge development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I have goosepimples, get in !
    Good news please !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Fingers and toes crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I work in Carrick-on-Suir and live in Kilkenny so will be sure to keep my eyes peeled

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

best of luck - think about paul every few days and hope he comes home safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

constantly on the look out for paul, fingers crossed for ya's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I've just seen on the trace ireland facebook page that there is an urgent appeal to waterford. I live nearby and would regularly be in the city and surrounding areas and have a lot of friends there too. Just wondering if there is something/somewhere specific to look out for as i'm sharing pauls link from trace ireland on my fb and i/friends will be keeping our eyes peeled.

Prayers for pauls safe return

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I sent the link to my niece in Waterford and she says that there are posters all over Waterford city which can only be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Joko

Was there a sighting in Waterford? Perhaps put a sticky on the waterford regional forum?

Advertisement