Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Arkhitekton

Rocket19 wrote: »
    Oh, well I'm obviously wrong about none of the colleges getting involved. It'd be good if UCD/TCD/DIT sent out an email though. I have to admit I didn't hear about it until I saw it here on boards, so I hope the word spreads quickly for him.

I emailed the UCD student's union to ask them to send the poster out. Could someone else send emails out to TCD and DIT??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thanks for clearing that up for me about the last sighting.

Are there any searches taking place? I'm working over the weekend but would love to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I've been following this forum since the start and know that people are working very hard to find Paul.

I know that boards users who suggest places where posters should be put up are advised to put up the posters in these places themselves.

I completely understand this and it makes sense - its much easier for people to put up posters themselves rather than hope someone else does it. Unfortunately, I live outside of Dublin and so can not physically do so.But I have been using facebook and twitter to bring people's attention to the fact that Paul is missing.

I did pay a flying visit to Dublin today though and noticed that there was only one flyer in the men's toilets in Heuston station. It was also quite small and hard to read. If anyone is able, I think it would be a good idea to put several A4-size posters on the wall of these toilets.

Because of its location, there is bound to be a fairly large number of people using these facilities everyday and this could help increase publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

UCCSU president has emailed me confirming he will put the link to the poster in the next All Students Email.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Someone on the Facebook page for Paul said a man fitting Paul's description was seen at a gig in The Academy last night and was approached by several people. The information has been passed on to the Gardaí. Hopefully something might come of the CCTV footage.

I hate stories like these. I hope it all turns out OK. Best of luck.

I know CCTV is being checked and I don't know if anything came from that but I got in contact with Relentless who were the sponsors of that gig and they said that all their pics of saturday night are here. I've looked myself and haven't seen any sign but maybe someone who knows Paul better might recognise him more.

I've also asked the guy I was talking to if he could refer me to anyone else who may have pictures!

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    I did pay a flying visit to Dublin today though and noticed that there was only one flyer in the men's toilets in Heuston station. It was also quite small and hard to read. If anyone is able, I think it would be a good idea to put several A4-size posters on the wall of these toilets.

Because of its location, there is bound to be a fairly large number of people using these facilities everyday and this could help increase publicity.

I was one of the people doing those toilets and a lot of posters were put up in there and around the entire station. Obviously they are being taken down and I will visit Heuston again and put up some newer ones in the next few days.

I know CCTV is being checked and I don't know if anything came from that but I got in contact with Relentless who were the sponsors of that gig and they said that all their pics of saturday night are here. I've looked myself and haven't seen any sign but maybe someone who knows Paul better might recognise him more.

I've also asked the guy I was talking to if he could refer me to anyone else who may have pictures!

That sighting was reported to the Gardai and as nothing has come of it we can presume that it wasn't Paul.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

That sighting was reported to the Gardai and as nothing has come of it we can presume that it wasn't Paul.

I presumed as much but I just though the pics might help as a just in case :)
    It was actually a few days ago that I was talking to them but the mail got lost somewhere along the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I was one of the people doing those toilets and a lot of posters were put up in there and around the entire station. Obviously they are being taken down and I will visit Heuston again and put up some newer ones in the next few days.

I did see several posters around the station alright and around the city in general, so it seems like most pleaces were well covered.

It was just the toliets where I noticed only the one poster.

Btw, I'll never understand the kind of people who delibrately take down missing posters, it's outrageous really!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

With the weather being damp posters and flyers do get damp and fall .
    Just need to repost them.
    I would like to thank the everyone who prints and puts up a poster.
    God only know's the torment of his family of not knowing of his whereabouts.
    And I would like to thank all the psv drivers for their help in keeping an eye out for paul.
    Please God he will turn up safe an well .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Yama

Really really hope all ends well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wexlady44

I have a good feeling everythings gonna work out just fine, I'm originally from Wexford, and the Wexford boys are tough ol lads. He'll be grand.

Positive energy to you all in this hard time, that hopefully one day you will be able to roll your eyes and smile about this.

I dissapeared for two weeks once, had a rough few days, decided to go for a wander and see what would happen, I landed at an Aunts house after 15 days with my head hung low and faced the ****storm, and now 15 years later, my ma rolls her eyes and calls me a big eegit.

I did my 'holiday' without a pile of cash and a passport by the way, that seems relevant for some reason.

The very best of luck Wexlady44
    xx

Ringading.... where did you go when you disappeared? Where did you sleep, eat, wash, use a toilet, etc.?

Paul has no cash with him (as far as we know) and no valid passport so that bit is very relevant.

Any hints would be gratefully appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Does/did he drink in Fibbers?

Maybe flypost some of the rock bars in town..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mr_Mister

The posters at jervis luas and lower abbey st.luas, busaras luas and connolly were taken down. Perhaps maliciously. None there.

Lots of fresh posters in town however. Great to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I've seen posters in shops around Cork, good to see that word is spreading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Plenty of posters around TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Saw a few posters around Waterford City today too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Wexlady44 wrote: »
    Ringading.... where did you go when you disappeared? Where did you sleep, eat, wash, use a toilet, etc.?

Paul has no cash with him (as far as we know) and no valid passport so that bit is very relevant.

I'm in work at the moment on a phone, as soon as I'm home I'll pm you properly.

My situation was a bit different, we were living in the uk at the time, so no passport needed, I was only one town across and was never looked at twice.
    Also I had a reason to go. It wasn't pleasant for those 15 days but no horror stories, it was mainly boring.

Like the days you Mitch school and then regret it when there's nothing to do.

Ill pm in a couple of hours.

Keep the faith !

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Mr.S wrote: »
    Can ISS check if Paul accessed his results today?

Also when DCU send out the postal version of results, it would be an idea to check them, bad results could explain why he disappeared.

I think one of his lecturers posted on the Find Paul Bunbury page a last week to say that Paul had passed all his exams if he was reading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Loony

Wexlady44 wrote: »

I also did a runner about 5 and a half years ago. I felt like I needed to get away. I managed to survive for about 5 days by myself in Dublin. I only had €20 and the clothes on my back. Nobody noticed I was missing. A friend of mine gave my parents an alibi without thinking, in case I was in trouble. I ended up in hospital at the end, with a pre-existing medical condition my undoing. I met all kinds of upset when I got home, as you can imagine!

To answer your questions directed at Ringading...I slept in an abandoned warehouse. It was filthy, but it kept me somewhat sheltered from the elements. I suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder, so it was important to avoid people as much as possible. Where I was was ideal in that respect.

Eating is never a problem in a city, where there are supermarkets and restaurants aplenty. Establishments like that are constantly changing their stock, which is often passed the sell-by date, but is still okay to eat. The bins behind supermarkets are especially good for finding bits and pieces. I never went hungry.

Washing was done in public restrooms. I never used the same one more than once, it lessened the chances of being caught. With the money I brought with me, I bought a cheap toothbrush and a cloth. I tried to visit the toilets at busy times, as the CCTV is less likely to spot you in a crowd. That was hard for me, but it was necessity.

Paul is a friend of mine from college, and I can certainly say with some confidence that he's capable of avoiding detection if he doesn't want to be found.

However, I'm praying every day for his safe return. The important thing is that you're aware that he's missing and are actively looking for him. As I'm not in Dublin this year, I'm trying my best to help out as much as I can. I hope that this has been of some help, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

My brother went missing for a week when he was about 16 , turned out he was having a gay fling and living with an older man.
    Im not sying Paul is gay or anything but there can be a million reasons . Im hoping hes just feeling silly now about coming back , and if your reading Paul itll all blow over in a day or two go home to your ma and get a sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Degsy wrote: »
    Does/did he drink in Fibbers?

Maybe flypost some of the rock bars in town..

Noticed some in The Pint when I was waiting at the bus stop...so I assume they would be up in most others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BeatlesFan1992

It worries me when people stay that posters are not in their original places. There are some evil people out there who think by taking down posters is the highlight of their day, now in saying this, I could be completely wrong and because of the bad weather recently, posters could be falling but at the end of the day everyone here is going to keep hoping and praying for Paul's return. I can't only imagine what the family is going through but I can say is that they have nearly everyone's support and help and we will do everything we can to find Paul.

It worries me when people stay that posters are not in their original places. There are some evil people out there who think by taking down posters is the highlight of their day, now in saying this, I could be completely wrong and because of the bad weather recently, posters could be falling but at the end of the day everyone here is going to keep hoping and praying for Paul's return. I can't only imagine what the family is going through but I can say is that they have nearly everyone's support and help and we will do everything we can to find Paul.

These were fairly ell put up, many were underneath rain shelters.

Are they still up at georges dock and beyond? Anyone know?

Mr_Mister wrote: »
    The posters at jervis luas and lower abbey st.luas, busaras luas and connolly were taken down. Perhaps maliciously. None there.

Yes, an awful lot of luas stops are missing their posters... Maybe over the next few days we could organise a run around the luas and train stations? They may go missing again but might as well try our best!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Partition

Wexlady44, anything I begin to type feels redundant and inadequate but I wanted very much to express that I am thinking about you and the rest of Paul's loved ones at this no doubt difficult and uncertain time. I check this thread a few times a day hoping for some news and have spread the word with everyone I know. Though I am a student in DCU, I haven't been lucky enough to get to know Paul yet but hopefully some day I will. People speak so highly of him. I hope he soon returns, having taken the time he may have needed for whatever reasons- a move many of us of his age group can empathise with in these hectic times we live in. I urge you to keep the faith.

Mr_Mister wrote: »
    The posters at jervis luas and lower abbey st.luas, busaras luas and connolly were taken down

Yes, an awful lot of luas stops are missing their posters... Maybe over the next few days we could organise a run around the luas and train stations? They may go missing again but might as well try our best!
    They were definitely up at those 4 luas stops. (8 platforms) on tuesday. Taken down since. That was a serious effort - to take so many down. Perhaps it was luas cleaners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

NUIG student union included Paul's disappearance in their weekly newsletter there today; not sure how effective it is though as you wouldn't see it unless you scroll to the bottom and I doubt if very many people read the thing anyway. (Did other colleges do a similar thing or send out one specific email about it?)

Put a few posters up around campus earlier this week and earlier tonight, keep forgetting to bring sellotape though so it's only on the notice boards with pins - I'll stick some up in more prominent areas over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Messerschmitt

At the risk of repeating something that may have been said already, has anyone looked into his computer/browsing history? Surely he would have wiped any traces on his own PC, but maybe the university keep a log or something. It could be very helpful in determining his state of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Former DCU student here (CA) good to see Marc Humphrys has posted on his page - http://computing.dcu.ie/~humphrys/

Advertisement