Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE's 071 Class.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Yep, same loco. it was hardly damaged in the impact compared to the wooden coaches that were completely destroyed.

I knew a guy who was on that train, he 'came to' walking on the track beside all the wreckage in a daze, wondering what had happened. He couldn't remember the crash itself, and only suffered minor injuries.

h.gricer wrote: »
    It all depends if it goes into Skerries Loop, sometimes of it's looped for the 10.10 ex Dundalk passenger, then it doesn't arrive into NW till about 11.50, but if it departs Drogheda and keeps going it can arrive into NW as early as 11.00, everyday is difference, depending if it goes into Skerries Loop and then getting stuck behind darts all the way in from Malahide, last Tuesday the 9.20 was cancelled due to a failure, when 086 arrived from Inchicore hauling steam loco no4, it was despatch to Drogheda in a hurry to rescue the failed Tara..
    Regards
    hg

Thanks for the info h.gricer - much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

70mph light engine becasue it has poor brakes and 90mph when it's hauling Mk3s or anything rated for 90mph. These days though you will probably never see one over 50mph unless it's on a rail tour as that's what all the freight wagons are rated at.

088 on the mid-morning Tara today, following the 10:10 Commuter ex-Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭timber train

084 just outside inch today at 14.45 .
    Was attached i think to a Mark 4 coach .

073 on autoballast at portarlington

077 was also there attached to wagons

078 on a full timber also in port .

Going off subject .223 was sitting a little bit up the line in front of the famous trio .
    Near inch .

075 on a liner in ballina freight yard .

079 stable also basking in the evening sun on a liner also in ballina .

Got word a freshly painted 080 is in westport for the bank hol wkend on the empty timber . Thanks to ob for the info .

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

Got word a freshly painted 080 is in westport for the bank hol wkend on the empty timber . Thanks to ob for the info .

I Assume in the new all grey livery?

I'm sure the Wanderer or someone will have pics soon.

Correction to a post above .its 076 with liner .and not 075 ...
    Along side 079 in ballina ☺

• Advertisement

080 on the empty Timber just went through Castlebar at 7.10pm to Westport ..

McAlban wrote: »
    I Assume in the new all grey livery?

I'm sure the Wanderer or someone will have pics soon.

There are pics of 080 out in the wild since the 071 40th tour where it failed at Connolly and was left outside the shed for a few days.

074 coupled up to a failed 075 outside Connolly shed at 17:00 this evening. Wasn't quick enough with the camera in the passing DART though.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Has 071 been seen out since the railtour? Or is she back in to have her grey livery re-instated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Has 071 been seen out since the railtour? Or is she back in to have her grey livery re-instated?

The locomotive was due a B Exam after the tour. Wheel flats were found and it was sent to the wheel lathe. The wheel size was too small and the wheels were then "scrap" and it was confined to Inchicore.

It has got a new set of bogies recently, but there is an ongoing electrical fault that needs to be rectified before a return to service is permitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Yes. Why? Wheels are produced all the time for the different types of rolling stock. It has the new wheels, but there is a electrical fault in one of the bogies that needs repairing first.

For example Laois Depot changes wheel sets on a ICR carriage once a week. Sometimes two a week if needs be.

Plenty, there is a whole wheel/bogie shop in Inchicore.

It's 082 that's in trouble, it was discovered with bogies cracks last year and need a new set, it's sitting temporary ones for the time being but can't go anywhere.

076 is in Westport for the weekend .it came down this evening with the empty timber wagons

078 is in westport with empty timber for the weekend . ☺stag party maybe☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭metrovick001

15-Jul-16 080 on Westport-Waterford timber train.

075 passed through castlebar this morning at 11.15am with the wport to waterford timber . Wednesday wednesday .☺

080 workin the wport to wfd timber

074 on the empty wport timber .stable in westport for the bank hol weekend . Any body know the whereabouts of 074 before this . Hasnt been mentioned in a while i dont think . ?

074 on the empty wport timber .stable in westport for the bank hol weekend . Any body know the whereabouts of 074 before this . Hasnt been mentioned in a while i dont think . ?

Thought is was at Portarlington along with 073 last week and spoil and ballast trains.

Speaking of 073 is was stabled up outside Connolly shed first thing this morning keeping 227 company.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭metrovick001

076 on Northwall Ballina IWT liner at MP16 21-July-16

"Class leader" 071 arrived in to westport yesterday evening on the empty timber .it should be departing tomorrow morning after 11am .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

"Class leader" 071 arrived in to westport yesterday evening on the empty timber .it should be departing tomorrow morning after 11am .

I saw 074 there over the weekend too and no visable timber wagons but they could of been behind the ICR further down the yard. Do they usually have 2 locos in Westport?

tnegun wrote: »
    I saw 074 there over the weekend too and no visable timber wagons but they could of been behind the ICR further down the yard. Do they usually have 2 locos in Westport?

Hey tnegun ya correct 074 was parked up beside the icr the wagons be well down the yard .it left yesterday morning full . And 071 went in with the empty yday eve .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

077 stabled on the Navan branch in Drogheda this morning.

Advertisement