Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disaster dates?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

:D
    This has marvellous potential. I feel a 'Legendary Thread' coming on. Subbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

worst date ever? this one time me and my companion were walking through a forest when suddenly I took an arrow to the knee......true story

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

One date of mine ended badly when i was driving her home, she got a little frisky, i lost concentration and ran my mums car into a hedge. Got the car out of the hedge, drove her home in complete silence and never heard from her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

you arnt arton senna the racing driver are you?
    How did you fit her in the F1 car

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Senna wrote: »
    One date of mine ended badly when i was driving her home, she got a little frisky, i lost concentration and ran my mums car into a hedge. Got the car out of the hedge, drove her home in complete silence and never heard from her again.
    Apt username for a car crash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Evie90 wrote: »
    I'm in desperate need of a laugh so please out with your best bad date stories. My worst was a on the second date a fella decided to bring me home to mam and dad and ...

so yer in desperate need of a laugh, why does it have to be speciifically about yer dates..

girls uh. do you even know what a good laugh is?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Senna wrote: »

was this pre or post death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    I just think its hilarious that a woman would think its the mans fault he cant get it up.

Maybe I shouldn't have punched him in the nose... It went down hill from then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Kate & leo's put me off relationships, the way they tried to keep that thing afloat n it still went tits up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

its not even two full pages yet. i'd say most online now are lads, so wait till tomorrow, and we'll hear some of the horrors from the girls.

That's true. Only true lads stay up past 10pm. I'm an early riser and also a night owl :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

When 10 mins into meeting up with someone and I'm asked if I spit or swallow, I knew this wasn't going to go anywhere.

At least buy me a drink first :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A first date: Met in a pub, had a drink and then he went upstairs to the toilet. I waited, and waited (assuming it was a longer call of nature) and then noticed what seemed a small commotion at the bottom of the stairs.

Turned out that he was lying there unconscious, bleeding, after toppling down the stairs. The "date" then continued in an ambulance to St James where I got to enjoy trying to assist filling out a patient form for someone I barely knew (couldn't even give their surname). It ended with a "So ehh... see ya" and leaving him slightly dazed on a hospital bed because I couldn't really do anything else. It was all rather awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Went on a blind date with a girl who wasn't my type at all, personality or looks-wise. Did the date and decided I'd let her know a little while later that I wasn't looking for anything at the time.

Cue months of bizzare, extremely long written out texts from her in the middle of the night going on about how special our night was and how much she thought about me :(

Months & months later on the day I graduated from college, I went up and grabbed my degree, sat back down and got a text from her. She said I looked hot..............she was in the crowd somewhere...........watching me..............undressing me with those tiny eyes of hers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Went on a blind date with a girl who wasn't my type at all, personality or looks-wise. Did the date and decided I'd let her know a little while later that I wasn't looking for anything at the time.

Cue months of bizzare, extremely long written out texts from her in the middle of the night going on about how special our night was and how much she thought about me :(

Months & months later on the day I graduated from college, I went up and grabbed my degree, sat back down and got a text from her. She said I looked hot..............she was in the crowd somewhere...........watching me..............undressing me with those tiny eyes of hers.

Everything I wrote was true...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

ihsb wrote: »
    Second date. Back at his house. Making out naked and he gets a nosebleed. He then fails to be able to get it up. Really don't know how they are connected but Hey Ho.

sounds to me like his blood was on his way from his brain to fill up his willy and made a quick exit out the nose instead.

You're to blame here.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Everything I wrote was true...

"I can't believe this happened, therefore I conclude it is entirely made up on the basis of absolutely nothing!"

AlmightyCushion can back me up on her crazy antics.

EDIT: Joke flew competely over my head. Face red and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I'd a first date with a lovely girl which ended with her getting arrested... good night :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Duggy747 wrote: »
    "I can't believe this happened, therefore I conclude it is entirely made up on the basis of absolutely nothing!"

AlmightyCushion can back me up on her crazy antics.

Whoosh!

TheZohan wrote: »
    Whoosh!

What the hell was that?

*looks up*

Oh, it was Zohan's post flying over my head.

Sorry :o

Derp-dee-derp, my favourite colour is chicken, derp-dee-derp

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

went out on a date with a girl i was working with at the time we went to the pub and in our normal style got total broken drunk stumbled back to hers for a few more end up doing the bold thing i go up went to the bath room came back got in to her house mates bed who was also mangled and thought i was her boyfriend getting in to bed with her half way though lets call her julie gets up go out to the bathroom to look for me and on coming back the light from the living room lights up the room just enough for her to realise i was on niamh and niamh realises im not her boyfriend. meanless to say it didnt end well lots of screaming and shouting and me being chucked out starkers. had to get dressd in the front garden and a garda walks past and asks me what im doing. i examplained what happened still pretty drunk he called me an idot and walked off. to added to call of that i had to go back in to work and explain why julie wasnt coming back.

when i was 21 i brought a girl come from 92 and while fouling around in the living room there comes a noise of my parents going at it. turns out the thing not to say well their at it wanna have a go ?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

went out on a date with a girl i was working with at the time we went to the pub and in our normal style got total broken drunk stumbled back to hers for a few more end up doing the bold thing i go up went to the bath room came back got in to her house mates bed who was also mangled and thought i was her boyfriend getting in to bed with her half way though lets call her julie gets up go out to the bathroom to look for me and on coming back the light from the living room lights up the room just enough for her to realise i was on niamh and niamh realises im not her boyfriend. meanless to say it didnt end well lots of screaming and shouting and me being chucked out starkers. had to get dressd in the front garden and a garda walks past and asks me what im doing. i examplained what happened still pretty drunk he called me an idot and walked off. to added to call of that i had to go back in to work and explain why julie wasnt coming back.

when i was 21 i brought a girl come from 92 and while fouling around in the living room there comes a noise of my parents going at it. turns out the thing not to say well their at it wanna have a go ?? :)

Awfull smell of bull**** off of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Disaster dates?

15th April 1912
    15th April 1989
    11th September 2001
    26th December 2004
    21st October 1966

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Awfull smell of bull**** off of that.
    You could read it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Batsy wrote: »

15th April 1912
    15th April 1989
    11th September 2001
    26th December 2004
    21st October 1966

Its been done about two pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Ghandee wrote: »
    First time one out my exes brought me home, (very first time in her house) I got so drunk I wondered into her patents room in the middle of the night, stark Bollock naked looking for 'da bleedin jacks'.

Sunday dinner was awkward, felt weird knowing my meat and two veg had been seen by mum and dad, and I don't mean the one that was sitting on my plate!

ED is that you?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I'm an actor. Those are actors. Those are hidden cameras ... And you're on MTV's Disaster Date!

:pac:

... Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ditzyfitzy

Disaster date..?

He forgot to take off his wedding ring.....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

Back when i was much much younger and enjoyed a few drinks and spliffs i was the terrible date. Was with my gf at her parents place, we thought nobody was home. Her stepmother, who was a real witch, decided to come back early to check up on us when we were in bed. She burst into the room screaming her head off and my gf just froze, then started crying. Her stepmother was standing there with her mouth open so wide, with a disgusted expression on her face, waiting for us to say something. Being so out of my face at the time, i didn't get the seriousness of the situation. Inside my head i thought i know what i could put in your mouth to shut you up he he he....my gf stopped crying and just stared at me in horror...that comment wasn't as inside my head as i thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Take a breath and start again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I had a pretty crappy date Saturday week ago. This really good looking girl came up to me as she left a pub at the very beginning of December and asked for my number. No chit chat as she was leaving, she just asked my name and said she'd get in touch. I don't live in Dublin so I told her this after she got in touch but she still seemed keen for meeting me the next time I was up.

This dragged on until just last week since she is foreign and was holidaying back home for 10 days after Christmas/New Years getting in the way of me getting up sooner. She wanted to see me before she left but timing was bad for me so I said I'd make it up when she got back.

So on the day I was due to head up I get a text as I'm about to jump into my car saying "Hey can we meet an hour earlier at 8 cause I have to go to a going away party after 10. You can come if you want". This was off putting. Here's a girl asking me to come up to meet her but seemingly not giving a crap. This date is costing me a tank of petrol, 5 hours of driving and already it seems like there's a time limit on how much time we'll be getting to know each other.

I was with friends when I got the text and they pressured me to still go up. I rush down a pizza when I get to my friend's in Dublin, change clothes and leg it out to get a bus. On the bus I get a text "I'm going to be 15-20 minutes late, will meet you in the pub". Fair enough I thought, she worked til 7:15 in city centre and had to get home, change and return. I give her the benefit of the doubt. I kill time walking around grafton street and such and make my way to the pub.

I had been off drink for as much of January as I could but was breaking it for the date so I got there at 8:10 and got a beer and waited 30 minutes before I get another text saying she'll be 5 minutes. 8:45 she arrives, I offer her a drink and she says she won't drink as she is sick. She orders a non-alcoholic mojito, which no bartender knew exactly how to serve all night, meaning I was waiting ages at the bar each time.

So I'm drinking while she's not, that isn't making me very comfortable on a first date, especially since I can get drunk quicker for having taken a holiday from boozing. The benefit of the doubt I gave her vanished when she tells me she was off work the last 2 days and I begin to think "Why didn't you cancel this date or at least get here on time??!!" She didn't look sick or act it btw.
    We left after 10 and showed up to the bar where she had to meet friends and I decide that I'm leaving after one drink, which I was hoping she would buy since she asked me out, asked me up and yet won't offer me a drink back for the ones I got her. No joy there.

She stayed out til 1am since she was back working in the morning and booked her taxi home, I gave her a polite hug good night and took off to meet friends in a pub and redeemed the last hour of my night by getting locked with them - also getting off with one of them who I'd gotten off with before. I figured I may as well have something happen for all my efforts.

Advertisement