Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disaster dates?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

When 10 mins into meeting up with someone and I'm asked if I spit or swallow, I knew this wasn't going to go anywhere.

At least buy me a drink first :pac:

Bet it's the latter. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Me 17 years old, in a local pub with a girl who was slightly heavier than I was. We meet some friends and leave to go somewhere else for the rest of the night. While we're on the street waiting for one of our party of who peeing in a bush, she moves in and stands on my feet and starts to kiss me with her arms around my neck.

I wasn't quite prepared for her standing on my feet, so unable to do anything about it, she starts to fall backwards mid-kiss, and bangs her head off some railings.

Cue blood, tears, and a taxi for her back home and a phone call to her mother explain that she probably shouldn't sleep in case she's concussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Awfull smell of bull**** off of that.

Especially seeing as they were "fouling around the living room" - like some sort of dirty protest. Kids these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Evie90

LH Pathe wrote: »
    so yer in desperate need of a laugh, why does it have to be speciifically about yer dates..

girls uh. do you even know what a good laugh is?!!

I think this a funny topic simple as that, and yes I am well aware of what a good laugh is :D I get the impression that you don't though :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

First date, went to a comedy club. He told me I was laughing at all the crap jokes. Em, ok, thanks. Later that night he says how excited he is to be heading off to Africa for four months in a couple of weeks :confused:

Why bother asking someone out if you're leaving the country!

Not a bad disaster, it was actually a good date. We went for coffee in 3FE, best coffee ever. So good we had three black coffees each over two hours. High as feckin kites we were, yapping at 100 miles an hour. My hands were shaking from the caffeine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I once went on a date and it didn;t end with sex,,,Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Maybe there's a more recent relevant thread, but this deserves to be shared anyway.
    I hope it's true.

In brief: Tinder date gets stuck in window trying to retrieve unflushable poo.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-41167296

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I didn't even know it was a date and wondered why he kept putting on a stupid voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I went out twice with a guy a couple of years ago who started going o about our 'one week anniversary'.

Cons: talking about our "one-week anniversary'. Asking what cake symbolised our relationship when I mentioned I liked baking. Asking why I 'had' to read the books in my To Read pile (question does not compute). Constantly wanting to play 'his' music - as in music he made. Saying that he should have brought one of 'his' films for us to watch, again one that he had made. Asking searching questions about my relationship with my mother when I joked that visiting my parents drove me to drink. Continuing to ask searching questions even after I said that I felt like I was being interrogated. Saying my fishtank was 'weird' - not the tank, occupants, or décor, just the fact that I have a fishtank. Saying that my living room was cluttered and too dark (may be a valid point, but who says that to a complete stranger?) Saying that I had a 'good enough figure under the jumper'. Doing that hilarious 'what do you mean used to be fat, haha' thing when I said I didn't have any biscuits because I watch my weight. I strongly suspect he removed the condom.

Pros: Could talk about Star Trek and Farscape. Looked good in a suit. Brought wine.
    its not even two full pages yet. i'd say most online now are lads, so wait till tomorrow, and we'll hear some of the horrors from the girls.
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=39a_1352288958

• Registered Users Posts: 28,332 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

*phew* I don't recognise any of these disaster date descriptions... looks like I'm in the clear. *cheque please*

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 KraftyKennedy

I crashed my dates car on our first date.

Advertisement