Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

sharkman wrote: »
    No , nothing happening here .

October 11th has been mentioned as a launch date....can only wait and see at this stage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pushed back..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hogzy wrote: »
    feck sake, i dont even have the new EPG on my box. I know the samsung boxes arent getting the update but i have a pace box.

Its bloody ridiculous.

I thought Samsung was getting the new EPG later this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I thought Samsung was getting the new EPG later this year?

Sorry, I meant the Thomson boxes wont be updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Switched on my IRISH sky box and it ran through how On Demand is available and to connect the box to the Internet. Then went online and it said click here to activate then sent to sky shop to upgrade for free BUT nothing there?

http://www.sky.com/mysky/makethemost/on-demand/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Switched on my IRISH sky box and it ran through how On Demand is available and to connect the box to the Internet. Then went online and it said click here to activate then sent to sky shop to upgrade for free BUT nothing there?

Yea, it's not active yet. They should tell you that when you click activate and not send you all around their website, only to find out it's not working yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

I spent all morning setting up my laptop as a wireless router to connect my sky box to the Internet only to be sent on a wild goose chase. They never seem to be able to launch products properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If I hit the ROI On Demand page, I get "Internal Server Error". So, it's not quite there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Any recent word when Ireland's getting Sky undelete????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Tardis wrote: »
    Any recent word when Ireland's getting Sky undelete????

I have it already, since about two weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Is it ment to be on the genre bar??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Is it ment to be on the genre bar??

If you have on demand instead of anytime then you have it. Just go into your planner and scroll in the banner.

I have the on demand option but i defo do not have the undelete option in with the entertainment, docs, lifestyle etc options

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I have the on demand option but i defo do not have the undelete option in with the entertainment, docs, lifestyle etc options

If you select the planner it should be one to the left (between All and A-Z)

I'm such a bloody bell end lads. I was looking in the tv guide, not the planner. Tool!!! Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Still no sign of it on my Samsung Sky+HD box.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

adox wrote: »
    Still no sign of it on my Samsung Sky+HD box.

Me neither on PACE HD box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

GEO147 wrote: »
    Me neither on PACE HD box.

As a matter of interest, do you have the new EPG. What model number is yours? I am 9F3004 and still dont have the new EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

I did a forced update and got the new version on my Amstrad box. This may work for other boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Hogzy wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, do you have the new EPG. What model number is yours? I am 9F3004 and still dont have the new EPG

9F3002. Did a forced update a few days ago and no joy.

• Advertisement

This seems to confirm that only the Amstrad DRX 890-5 boxes will accept a forced update at present. See link below for other boxes:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/tv-guide/faqs/

Click on "When will I get the new Sky Guide ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Do you know how long programmes can be left deleted before being restored and how can you tell how much space is left?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ApathyMonger

I got told (by a message on my box) to go to http://www.sky.com/tvondemand but that still redirects to the old Sky Anytime page for now. Hope they get it set up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keithl2156

On the phone again today with a sky advisor. Told me ring on wednesday coming to order a wireless connector as the anytime plus is launching then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Keithl2156 wrote: »
    On the phone again today with a sky advisor. Told me ring on wednesday coming to order a wireless connector as the anytime plus is launching then.
    That's good news. Wonder will it cost around the 10e mark like it does in the uk?
    I have my sky stb plugged into my router ready for it.

Keithl2156 wrote: »

Sky are selling them for £60 in the UK - so at a guess €75 here - think I'll get some ethernet cable instead

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sky-anytime-service_TV-recorder---set-top-box_review

Review of the service here which mentions the price of the wireless connector

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

I wonder will the Anytime + be open to every internet provider or will they make it exclusive to sky broadband customers?

p.oconnor wrote: »
    I wonder will the Anytime + be open to every internet provider or will they make it exclusive to sky broadband customers?

The UK launch was initially exclusive to Sky BB customers, but has long since been open to all ISP's. Can't see it being any different here (i.e. open to all). Then again ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

greendom wrote: »
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/sky-anytime-service_TV-recorder---set-top-box_review

Review of the service here which mentions the price of the wireless connector
    Its currently 10gbp at moment

Advertisement