Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭peking97

p.oconnor wrote: »
    I wonder will the Anytime + be open to every internet provider or will they make it exclusive to sky broadband customers?
    Do we have any Sky BB Customers in the Republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

peking97 wrote: »
    Do we have any Sky BB Customers in the Republic?

It's being launched shortly, I understand, so none at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Noticed this morning on the Sky website, when I login to My Package, the option for Activate Anytime+ is renamed to Activate On Demand.
    And when i was in the OnDemand menu on the stb, a popup said goto the sky website to activate more OnDemand services or something like that, I dont recall seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

billbond4 wrote: »
    Noticed this morning on the Sky website, when I login to My Package, the option for Activate Anytime+ is renamed to Activate On Demand.
    And when i was in the OnDemand menu on the stb, a popup said goto the sky website to activate more OnDemand services or something like that, I dont recall seen it before.

Just seen that there now aswell, I wonder when it eventually does come, be it Wednesday or not will it be as easy as activating it on the sky website or will we have to ring them. Does anyone know what happened in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Still gives an error though if you select it: "Unable to continue with order. We're unable to complete your Sky order online."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thursday morning....................

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Your own opinion?..... or do you have a source?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

p.oconnor wrote: »
    Your own opinion?..... or do you have a source?

I'm just saying thursday morning it will be ready nothing else.

*Pleading the 5th here!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

I got told (by a message on my box) to go to http://www.sky.com/tvondemand but that still redirects to the old Sky Anytime page for now. Hope they get it set up soon.

That's just a reworded message that always came up (for me at least). I'm sure they could put up a simple notice on the landing page. "coming soon - check back here soon"..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I'm just saying thursday morning it will be ready nothing else.

*Pleading the 5th here!

That would be great if we were in America, But were not.

Spill the beans!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭thesultan

On the anytime player there is a link advertising it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Any idea what the Irish on demand will include? BBC iplayer? RTE/TV3 players?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

I would suspect it will just be the very basic as available on Sky go. They are just trying to catch up with UPC on demand. Being able to access Sky go without a laptop would be a step up.

Sky go only has a small percentage of what is on Sky TV

thesultan wrote: »
    On the anytime player there is a link advertising it
    Yeah and the date says Oct 11 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

On demand is working on my sky plus hd box, but not very much to look at, about 4 programs in the entertainment category&a few films (but I don't get movie package). Anytime was better

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Hoping that the card trick will apply for on demand so it will think the box is in the north

Hogzy wrote: »
    That would be great if we were in America, But were not.

Spill the beans!!!

You can wait for a couple of days surely:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

So October 11th it is as originally speculated - should be interesting and will give UPC a run for their money if the speculation is to be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

billbond4 wrote: »
    Hoping that the card trick will apply for on demand so it will think the box is in the north
    I assume the content will depend on if you have a Irish or UK ip address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I assume the content will depend on if you have a Irish or UK ip address.

Id say the content is tied to the EPG lineup you have and not your IP address. Its too easy nowadays to circumvent IP address restrictions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I connected my Amstrad box to the internet tonight for the first time, I rebooted it and Anytime has now changed to On Demand, no service though only a name change and still the same few tv shows which were "pushed" to the box via satellite in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

So what do we get on 11th exactly? The new EPG and the access to on demand? Or for those with boxes yet to be updated, just the ability to download content?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Hogzy wrote: »
    Id say the content is tied to the EPG lineup you have and not your IP address. Its too easy nowadays to circumvent IP address restrictions.

You seem to have to activate the service on your sky account and as your account is an Irish Sky Account I do not think an IP address change would work. Waiting for Sky to get on the ball and start the service seems to be the only option.

Suppose only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I take it this is not available for the Pace boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Zed1601

Just signed up to on demand without any errors. Going downstairs to check it out.

Ok so it works with any BB. Mine is vodafone. No catch up service but some of the content is HD. Basically sky go on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭LarMan

I got the following when I tried to activate just now

Unable to continue with order

• Advertisement

LarMan wrote: »
    I got the following when I tried to activate just now

Unable to continue with order

That's weird. It worked for me this morning. I was getting that same error for the last few weeks but it went through this morning.

Advertisement