Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Mredmond wrote: »
    I've pretty much given up on them, to be honest. My last contact with Sky was on 25th Oct, when they put through another order, without ever resolving the issue of the missing 1st order.

Its been over a week now since they placed that 2nd order, and still no delivery. The lady who took the last call promised to ring me back, tonight as it happens. I don't really know what to say to her, I'm just so totally exasperated with the whole thing at this stage.

My wireless connectors finally arrived this morning! And only 5 weeks after I ordered them. In fact four of them came, in two separate packages. I ordered two, and have been told I'll only pay for one, so that's a little bonus (off to e-Bay straight after this post).

I only had about 5 mins to try them one of them out, but it didn't work although it picked up the network and accepted the WEP key no problem. I'll need to read back through this thread later I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

My wireless connectors finally arrived this morning! And only 5 weeks after I ordered them. In fact four of them came, in two separate packages. I ordered two, and have been told I'll only pay for one, so that's a little bonus (off to e-Bay straight after this post).

If you're serious then I'll buy one from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ODuill

This may help in some way, as it's for someone on sky BB, but still should show the sizes anyway.

Also looking to get the Wireless connector, what's the quickest way to get it online or ask customer service, as whats the average time for it to be sent.

Thanks.

To add to the usage issue, you can multiple the figures in the link by up to 5 times for HD, I downloaded a HD movie and it took 4.5 Gigs, a good unlimited usage connection has to be used or you will thrash your monthly allowances

I only had about 5 mins to try them one of them out, but it didn't work although it picked up the network and accepted the WEP key no problem. I'll need to read back through this thread later I think.

Tried to get this working this evening, without success so far. Initially, the box picked up my wifi network, and prompted me for the security key. The message then said something like "cannot connect to your broadband router, check settings". I then tried the green button "manual wireless" and manually put in my network name, IP etc. No joy again.

Having done that, the box is no longer even seeing the Wifi network.
    I would now like to undo the manual option I input, and go back to where I started, (when at least the box was seeing my wifi) however I cannot seem to get back to the screen where you put the network in manually. Anyone help here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Ive got a dodgy thomson box, has anyone had any luck getting sky to give you a free replacement as these pieces of rubbish arent compatible with anytime plus/demand.

I just got my two new Amstrad HD boxes to replace my old Thompson boxes. They were free but I had to sign up for 12 months. Also have the new EPG and the BBC HD channels back as they went missing on my Thompson boxes. Just ring them up and say you have a faulty Thompson box and they will replace it for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

dooley319 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have signed up for on demand to day how long will it take for the epg to update mine still says anytime
    2012-11-12%2012.52.40.jpg

That's odd as mine changed to anytime weeks ago & just ordered the box y'day, but my epg doesn't show showcase or library? also i dont have many progs on my On Demand, as i used to have about a few pages & not just a few on one page, is that right?

Tried to get this working this evening, without success so far. Initially, the box picked up my wifi network, and prompted me for the security key. The message then said something like "cannot connect to your broadband router, check settings". I then tried the green button "manual wireless" and manually put in my network name, IP etc. No joy again.

Having done that, the box is no longer even seeing the Wifi network.
    I would now like to undo the manual option I input, and go back to where I started, (when at least the box was seeing my wifi) however I cannot seem to get back to the screen where you put the network in manually. Anyone help here?

I may have seen this somewhere on boards or sky website, but i think you may have to activate it online, maybe you have i don't know, or ring sky about it. Someone may have seen this also elsewhere.
    As i had asked sky staff should i have any problems with it installing it, the reply was 'i dont know, but i'll activate it for you' & if you do, ring back'

Hopefully that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sacman57

I also have an issue with my new On Demand Wireless box.I have a Eircom Netopia 2247nwg Router.When the box is plugged in and turned on,I see my network on the TV,I select,and then enter my password, [I have 4 x Iphones,2 x laptops and a desktop PC,all working successfully on my wireless network].An error message appears,telling me its unable to connect,and to check my settings and password,which have been entered [Upper case sensitive],on numerous occassionsThe Sky Helpdesk,points me towards my Broadband carrier [Eircom],but the issue is not with them.I enquired with Sky,has anyone else had this issue,they weren't aware of anyone else.As this is a standard Eircom Router [and Eircom being the largest Broadband supplier in Ireland},I'm suprised that I'm "alone"with this issue?Were tests not done on Routers MOST used in Ireland?It seems to be a compatability issue?But I'm dissapointed with Sky's response,and am left with no use for my On Demand box!Any ideas???

I may have seen this somewhere on boards or sky website, but i think you may have to activate it online, maybe you have i don't know, or ring sky about it. Someone may have seen this also elsewhere.
    As i had asked sky staff should i have any problems with it installing it, the reply was 'i dont know, but i'll activate it for you' & if you do, ring back'

Hopefully that helps!

Patty,

I know its activated alright, I even managed to get it up and running using my laptop as a wireless bridge.

Thanks anyway

No problem, let's hope mine works, when it arrives! if not i maybe on here asking like everyone else:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I was unable to activate my on demand on the sky web site (which is crap requiring multiple logins and the activation and wireless online ordering not working).

I rang them and after dealing with an incompetent Indian customer service agent, I finally got them to send the activation signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Has anyone got the BBC iplayer on their Sky on-demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

What do people recommend Wireless option or home plug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

sacman57 wrote: »
    I also have an issue with my new On Demand Wireless box.I have a Eircom Netopia 2247nwg Router.When the box is plugged in and turned on,I see my network on the TV,I select,and then enter my password, [I have 4 x Iphones,2 x laptops and a desktop PC,all working successfully on my wireless network].An error message appears,telling me its unable to connect,and to check my settings and password,which have been entered [Upper case sensitive],on numerous occassionsThe Sky Helpdesk,points me towards my Broadband carrier [Eircom],but the issue is not with them.I enquired with Sky,has anyone else had this issue,they weren't aware of anyone else.As this is a standard Eircom Router [and Eircom being the largest Broadband supplier in Ireland},I'm suprised that I'm "alone"with this issue?Were tests not done on Routers MOST used in Ireland?It seems to be a compatability issue?But I'm dissapointed with Sky's response,and am left with no use for my On Demand box!Any ideas???

Has this been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

sacman57 wrote: »
    My wireless connector arrived yesterday and similarly I couldn't get it to connect with my Netopia modem. Eventually, I changed the modem from WEP security to WPA and it connected straight away!. The hassle was reconnecting laptops, ipods, phones to my wi-fi. In my case anyway, it looks like the issue was WEP rather than WPA on the Netopia modem.

Thanks,AlmostQuick,
    This could be the answer!The settings on my Netopia 2247,give me the options of changing WEP to EITHER "WPA:802.1x" or "WPA:PSK" ,Which one should i choose,and in doing so,how will it affect my other devices,as in,will my password change?

I changed it to WPA PSK, I had to input the security key to the modem, it didn't generate one, I just used the same key I'd been using for WEP. However, because you change from WEP to WPA, you'll have to set that connection on everything connecting to your wi-fi- I had to reset 4 laptops, an ipod and 2 phones, a bit of a pain. It would be so much simpler if the wireless connector could connect with WEP security which seems to be the most common used, especially on eircom Netopia modems.

This could be a tip for eircom users with multiple laptops, On the eircom bar on the taskbar,
    left click on it & it should bring up your Wireless Network Connection
    & r/click on the eircom connection & it will bring up your Wireless Network Connection Properties, you will have two tabs Connection + Security.
    On the Connection tab you will see below saying
    'Copy this network profile to a usb drive' stick in a memory stick/usb flashdrive & if you have an usb adapter for phones too.

It may save you writing down the 20 digit code & manually inputting them multiple times, i havent tried it yet, as i haven't got any other wireless devices yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Just got a mail from Sky today saying this was available in Ireland now.

Plugged my router into the sky box. Same as I do with the ps3. Activated on demand on the website. Now what ? Nothing has changed on the sky box. On demand still the same as before. How can I test to see if the box is connected correctly to the router ?

brianon wrote: »
    Just got a mail from Sky today saying this was available in Ireland now.

Plugged my router into the sky box. Same as I do with the ps3. Activated on demand on the website. Now what ? Nothing has changed on the sky box. On demand still the same as before. How can I test to see if the box is connected correctly to the router ?
    Press Services- Options- Customise, set Broadband Network Connection to On. Then, Services- Settings- Network where you should have Local connection and Service connection both OK if connected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Wow. Worked great. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Will this work with the white sky plus boxes?
    We have two, one sky plus hd box and the other is the older white box. ??

At last its working!!! Thanks "AlmostQuick".[Proved On Demand worked by temporarily connecting [long] Ethernet straight-through cable].Got into Netopia Router-NETOPIA>>>home/expert/configure/wireless/privacy...[copy shared key]..choose WPA-PSK,paste shared key.../save changes.Went back to TV, Services/settings/network....selected my network/re-entered password[lower case] then it connected!!!!:)

After getting my On Demand working,all my other devices [iphones/laptops] had to be reconnected to the network!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Will this work with the white sky plus boxes?

no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I got a weird change to my Sky HD 9f3004 Pace box today. Did a forced update earlier. I still have the old EPG but when I go into Anytime I get this:

See image below, its too large to embed.

Is this Anytime+? I cant stream anything, I have to download it before I view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ffocused

Hogzy wrote: »
    I got a weird change to my Sky HD 9f3004 Pace box today. Did a forced update earlier. I still have the old EPG but when I go into Anytime I get this:

See image below, its too large to embed.

Is this Anytime+? I cant stream anything, I have to download it before I view it.

Yes, that is it, you have to download first & can start to stream from your planner when status changes to 'available'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Must say been very impressed so far well done sky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

ffocused wrote: »
    Yes, that is it, you have to download first & can start to stream from your planner when status changes to 'available'

So does this mean I wont be getting the new EPG?

Cool, I also have ITV player. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hogzy wrote: »
    So does this mean I wont be getting the new EPG?

Cool, I also have ITV player. Happy days.

Why would you think that?
    They just havent rolled it out to your particular box yet.
    It'll probably happen, just when you dont expect it.

ITV player goes once the new EPG rolls around (unless you're lucky enough to keep the full card trick)

Advertisement