Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

ITV player goes once the new EPG rolls around (unless you're lucky enough to keep the full card trick)
    You sure about that? I've got the new EPG and ITV Player and I haven't done any card trick that I'm aware of!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

peking97 wrote: »
    You sure about that? I've got the new EPG and ITV Player and I haven't done any card trick that I'm aware of!:confused:

No not certain. I only got the new EPG yesterday. Have you downloaded and watched anything via the ITV player? Its in my on demand list, just doesnt work...(or at least didnt when I tried last night)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Yeah I've downloaded and watched a couple of programmes. Worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭somairle

I also confirm ITV player is working for me, it doesn't have any of the stuff TV3 have licenced though like Corrie, I'm a Celeb & X Factor.

Hope we get RTE & TV3 player soon but I am impressed with the number of channels on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Hi i have a pace sky hd package and i got the new epg today.

I enabled the broadband setting and connected the sky box with an ethernet cable and activated the service on the sky website.I now get an ip and service ok message in network settings but my ondemand service seems to be the same as the old anytime.I dont see the showcase,library option etc i only see this

sky.jpg

any ideas or am i missing something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ffocused

gearoidol wrote: »
    any ideas or am i missing something

Go to options>customise>enable on demand showcase>on

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

I received the new epg yesterday on my Samsung Box so i connected the wireless connector to my hd box and i am still getting service connection fail. Local connection is ok and the isp is there. I have on demand showcase turned on and broadband connection turned on. Both lights on the wireless connector are on. I've been trying to sort this out for over two weeks now with no luck. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

ffocused wrote: »

Go to options>customise>enable on demand showcase>on

Already on I'm afraid any other ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭somairle

It didnt work for me either at first, it took unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in for my on demand to work

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Squatter wrote: »
    If you're serious then I'll buy one from you!

I'm serious alright, got it confirmed by phone that I'll only be charged for 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,693 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Too lazy to trawl through the entire thread, so apologies for what has probably already been asked. Where can you get hold of one of those wireless adaptors to connect to my router (which is in a different room to the Sky box)? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

blueser wrote: »
    Too lazy to trawl through the entire thread, so apologies for what has probably already been asked. Where can you get hold of one of those wireless adaptors to connect to my router (which is in a different room to the Sky box)? Thanks in advance.

The Sky wireless routers for On Demand are best ordered by phone from Sky. There supposed to be available online, but I and others have found it impossible to order them from the Sky site. These boxes connect to the Sky box and connect wirelessly to your existing router.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The Sky wireless routers for On Demand are best ordered by phone from Sky. There supposed to be available online, but I and others have found it impossible to order them from the Sky site. These boxes connect to the Sky box and connect wirelessly to your existing router.
    There's absolutely no problem with ordering online. Just make sure you register first for a Sky iD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

muffler wrote: »
    There's absolutely no problem with ordering online. Just make sure you register first for a Sky iD.
    That's not true, I tried and failed three times to order one online (yes, I have a Sky ID) and when I finally phoned Sky, the guy I spoke to confirmed that the online ordering wasn't working...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I changed it to WPA PSK, I had to input the security key to the modem, it didn't generate one, I just used the same key I'd been using for WEP. However, because you change from WEP to WPA, you'll have to set that connection on everything connecting to your wi-fi- I had to reset 4 laptops, an ipod and 2 phones, a bit of a pain. It would be so much simpler if the wireless connector could connect with WEP security which seems to be the most common used, especially on eircom Netopia modems.
    maybe because wep is a poor form of wireless security which is easy cracked..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭nc6000

That's not true, I tried and failed three times to order one online (yes, I have a Sky ID) and when I finally phoned Sky, the guy I spoke to confirmed that the online ordering wasn't working...

+1

There is an issue with ordering online. I had to phone up and order my Wireless Connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Is the Sky wireless adapter the only way to get wireless access to the router or could you use any wireless adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wasn't aware of that obviously and I was only going by my own experience and that of another family member when we both ordered online without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

muffler wrote: »

Tried multiple times - used Chrome, IE, Safari via iPhone. Sky confirmed a problem with ordering online to me as well ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Swords4

I tried to order Sky wifi online today, failed 3 times to conclude the order.
    My router is in a different room than my tv. I don't want to run a wire through the house.
    Is the quality of reception through wifi as good as direct wired connection to the router?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Swords4

I tried to order Sky wifi online today, failed 3 times to conclude the order.
    My router is in a different room than my tv. I don't want to run a wire through the house.
    Is the quality of reception through wifi as good as direct wired connection to the router?

Cheers for the info. Tried ordering through the Sky site, but with no joy. Ended up ordering via phone with no problem. €13.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

blueser wrote: »
    Cheers for the info. Tried ordering through the Sky site, but with no joy. Ended up ordering via phone with no problem. €13.

Tried ordering myself through the web-site, kept saying their was an error with my e-mail address.

Would anyone have a direct phone number to ring to order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Plascebo wrote: »
    Tried ordering myself through the web-site, kept saying their was an error with my e-mail address.

Would anyone have a direct phone number to ring to order?
    0818 719 819

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Will a ethernet cable connected to the box work? I have tried that but didnt notice any difference. Is there something I need to set up online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Mc Love wrote: »
    Will a ethernet cable connected to the box work? I have tried that but didnt notice any difference. Is there something I need to set up online?

You need to turn on the On Demand service on your account as well. I did it online, or you can do it by phone. It's free.

Ok great! Must try that so tomorrow

Couldnt do it online so called them and they said it is set up now although I still have the old "on demand" setup. I turned the power off for the box and switched it back on, but nothing has changed.
    We have another HD box that isnt connected and they said that it isnt accessing the internet which I know, but they kept saying that I need a new one even though I told them it isnt connected, and them saying it cant connect to the internet. They want to send out a new box because of that - sounds a bit mental!

Thoie wrote: »
    You need to turn on the On Demand service on your account as well. I did it online, or you can do it by phone. It's free.
    Ordered the wireless thingy on sunday night by phone. It was delivered today (pretty good service). Just got in a few minutes ago from work, so I went through the steps on the inside of the lid of the box and it seems to be up and running okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Is it possible to get the BBC iplayer on the sky boxs?

Advertisement