Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keithl2156

No, only in uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Keithl2156 wrote: »
    No, only in uk
    Rats. I thought i maybe able to get the iplayer somehow on my skybox like the card trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Thoie wrote: »
    You need to turn on the On Demand service on your account as well. I did it online, or you can do it by phone. It's free.

Linkyhttp://www.sky.com/mysky/makethemost/on-demand/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looks like I might be out of luck as I dont have the min bandwidth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I'm waiting for my wireless connector to arrive any day now, but i have noticed that there are less programmes now on the On Demand, I thought it was because maybe more people are veering toward the wireless connectors?

But i was told to take out the power lead & when connecting it, hold the backup button til all the lights on the front of the box light up to download the software updates, & now it has just a little more than 8 programs on it, its a good thing i have the movies as that's all that's on it :rolleyes:
    No good if someone doesn't have them.

Has anyone else noticed that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'm waiting for my wireless connector to arrive any day now, but i have noticed that there are less programmes now on the On Demand, I thought it was because maybe more people are veering toward the wireless connectors?

But i was told to take out the power lead & when connecting it, hold the backup button til all the lights on the front of the box light up to download the software updates, & now it has just a little more than 8 programs on it, its a good thing i have the movies as that's all that's on it :rolleyes:
    No good if someone doesn't have them.

Has anyone else noticed that?

Are you talking about the Regular OnDemand - as in the old anytime there? Cos I always found there were hardly any programmes on it over the last year or so, tons of movies but not so many programmes. And then the programmes that were on it were 95% HD content, and I ain't paying an extra 15 squids a month for the HD subscrip, so there was practically nothing on there I coulda watched had there been anything catch my interest

hdowney wrote: »
    Are you talking about the Regular OnDemand - as in the old anytime there? Cos I always found there were hardly any programmes on it over the last year or so, tons of movies but not so many programmes. And then the programmes that were on it were 95% HD content, and I ain't paying an extra 15 squids a month for the HD subscrip, so there was practically nothing on there I coulda watched had there been anything catch my interest

Yeah the regular On Demand->old anytime! i have a sky+ multiroom & it constantly shows up 'That there are no programmes currently available. Ensure you have sky+ subscription. Try again in a couple of hours'
    been like that for over a year, with only 2 programmes showing their face :mad:

I see that with sky there are new names to old faces, the new sky+ box is actually the sky+hd box without the hd subscription, i was told by a sky agent.
    SkyHD is replacing the normal sky box without the record facility otherwise known as the multiroom box.

Yeah the regular On Demand->old anytime! i have a sky+ multiroom & it constantly shows up 'That there are no programmes currently available. Ensure you have sky+ subscription. Try again in a couple of hours'
    been like that for over a year, with only 2 programmes showing their face :mad:

I see that with sky there are new names to old faces, the new sky+ box is actually the sky+hd box without the hd subscription, i was told by a sky agent.
    SkyHD is replacing the normal sky box without the record facility otherwise known as the multiroom box.

Yea they have a lot of ups and downs. I have a sky+HD box in the main room. I have the full telly sub and at the moment half price movies. So when I connect up the router there should be a decent amount of on demand stuff. Handy over the Christmas. In my room I have a sky+ box, so old crappy on demand. Would love to change it to the HD box (not least cos it is old as hell, half the buttons on the remote don't work and don't get me started on the cableing - suffice to say you move the box an inch I'll break your arm cos you'll lose me the signal) but sky want rediculous money cos I already have a HD box :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Yea they have a lot of ups and downs. I have a sky+HD box in the main room. I have the full telly sub and at the moment half price movies. So when I connect up the router there should be a decent amount of on demand stuff. Handy over the Christmas. In my room I have a sky+ box, so old crappy on demand. Would love to change it to the HD box (not least cos it is old as hell, half the buttons on the remote don't work and don't get me started on the cableing - suffice to say you move the box an inch I'll break your arm cos you'll lose me the signal) but sky want rediculous money cos I already have a HD box :(

You can pick up the hd+ boxes for 50 quid on done deal or try sky again their pushing the hd terabyte boxes now might get a deal on the old box

Wils110 wrote: »
    You can pick up the hd+ boxes for 50 quid on done deal or try sky again their pushing the hd terabyte boxes now might get a deal on the old box

Good point. Will they post me the box or send someone to install it? I really need someone to fix the par of the cable that goes into the box, the silver ring thing won't stay on it and if you move the box an inch the cable falls off. But They charge 100 squids for someone to come fix a tiny bit of cable! (cos I have had that box over a year. scabby baxtards)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Ask for a new box haggle they'll send some one you could get the new box and it fixed for the hundred .......or the done deal way and fix the cable yourself

The very same sub here, also with the problem of the Ch4 stations most of the time with no picture only blue screen, although i have got S4C :):(

Yeah, they really do look after their new customers & not as much for loyal customers, but in a way that's how i got my hd box.
    Wils110 wrote: »

From the link above the offers are
    From €49 for existing Sky TV customers or from €149 for new customers, i see no mention that you have to sign up to HD with the 2 TB box unless its hidden in the T&C's!
    But what do you do with the recordings on the box you may replace, that's the €100 question:confused:

The very same sub here, also with the problem of the Ch4 stations most of the time with no picture only blue screen, although i have got S4C :):(

Yeah, they really do look after their new customers & not as much for loyal customers, but in a way that's how i got my hd box.

From the link above the offers are
    From €49 for existing Sky TV customers or from €149 for new customers, i see no mention that you have to sign up to HD with the 2 TB box unless its hidden in the T&C's!
    But what do you do with the recordings on the box you may replace, that's the €100 question:confused:

Re the recordings, you watch them beforehand. I would say if you were replacing the box, yet keeping it, moving it to the multiroom slot that you'd be fine but you wont. The recordings arn't just on the box, they are paired with the card that is paired with the box - and that'l be going in your new box :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

Must you have sky+hd to get the new Sky on demand?

Yea unfortch. It doesn't work with the old sky+ boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

thesultan wrote: »
    Must you have sky+hd to get the new Sky on demand?

I assume you mean the Sky + HD box and dont necessarily need the HD package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bmc32

What about UPC,They have a pretty good On Demand service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 StunningSteve

Lads I just got my on demand wireless connector today have it all setup Local Connection is OK as is the Service Connection OK. The DHCP is ok. I've it turned on under the customise tab in Options and I have it got in my sky packages but the menu is still coming up under the old format (the list as oppose to the pictures) My broadband is working fine also.

Any suggestions ( I've tried the old scientific on and off at the mains method to no success also)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Lads I just got my on demand wireless connector today have it all setup Local Connection is OK as is the Service Connection OK. The DHCP is ok. I've it turned on under the customise tab in Options and I have it got in my sky packages but the menu is still coming up under the old format (the list as oppose to the pictures) My broadband is working fine also.

Any suggestions ( I've tried the old scientific on and off at the mains method to no success also)

Try holding the power button on the remote control until the light on box turns red and the box reboots. Worked for me..

Thanks for the reply Zefer but it Didn't work unfortunately it's still the old menu.

Does it matter if the set-top-box isn't connected to a telephone line.

Any other suggestions?

Its recognizing my broadband under the network tab on the settings menu. but its like it hasn't made an change to my sky as its the same as before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Sky sent me out a second wireless connector today as i have been trying to connect to on demand for the past three weeks. I set it up awhile ago and i am still getting Local connection ok Service connection fail ip address is showing as is Network Name. DHCP is off. Encryption is shown as open. I am using WEP 128. If you give a manual ip address should DCHP be on or off? There is no function on the Sky HD Box to turn it on or off.

Go into Options.

Select Customize

Turn Broadband Connection ON if it is off

Hi got my wireless connector today, but sadly it didnt work for, did it ever work for anyone when they got it?

I have an eircom netopia router, went throught the steps provided.
    Services -> Network -> dialog box comes up 'Searching for local network' asks me to input my password, but after doing all that, i get the message saying Problem connecting to network, Please check your settings and re-enter password

I've checked the Broadband Connection & it's set to ON

I was already on to sky on demand centre & went thru the steps of pulling the plug on the HD box & turning on/off the router, but yet again it didnt work.

The On Demand is already set up a while ago when i rang to order it as i read earlier here it wasnt set up was one of the causes.

I fear i'm not the only one that's had this problem, but did anyone get around it?

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Got hooked up my wireless router last night but it is taking ages to download anything. I have searched through the thread and will move it around as advised and try some other tips to improve the speed.

I checked the signal strength via the Sky hd box and it is c.65%. It this generally oke or should I expect a better reading for the wireless router to work?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

yknaa wrote: »
    Got hooked up my wireless router last night but it is taking ages to download anything. I have searched through the thread and will move it around as advised and try some other tips to improve the speed.

I checked the signal strength via the Sky hd box and it is c.65%. It this generally oke or should I expect a better reading for the wireless router to work?
    Thanks.

Mine takes forever too, what tips have you read here to speed it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ricardfred

Got mine yesterday too and works great. You dont need to wait for movies to download. If you select a movie it starts downloading into your planner. After a minute or two you just go to your planner and you can start watching. You cant fast forward of course as its still downloading while you watch. TV programmes are ready to watch after 20 seconds or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

donalg1 wrote: »
    Mine takes forever too, what tips have you read here to speed it up?

Well I think the tip below about not having to wait is the best of all :D
    Others were moving it away from the box and other devices that may cause a problem (mobile phone, xbox etc.) Bringing the modem closer if possible may also help.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Hi got my wireless connector today, but sadly it didnt work for, did it ever work for anyone when they got it?

Services -> Network -> dialog box comes up 'Searching for local network' asks me to input my password, but after doing all that, i get the message saying Problem connecting to network, Please check your settings and re-enter password

I was already on to sky on demand centre & went thru the steps of pulling the plug on the HD box & turning on/off the router, but yet again it didnt work.

The On Demand is already set up a while ago when i rang to order it as i read earlier here it wasnt set up was one of the causes.

I fear i'm not the only one that's had this problem, but did anyone get around it?

Thanks for any help.

Just make sure that you are using the correct upper/lower case when entering the password....it took me ages to figure out this was what i was doing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Thanks for the reply Zefer but it Didn't work unfortunately it's still the old menu.

Does it matter if the set-top-box isn't connected to a telephone line.

Any other suggestions?

Its recognizing my broadband under the network tab on the settings menu. but its like it hasn't made an change to my sky as its the same as before.

As far as Im aware, Yes, you do need to be connected also via the telephone line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Thanks for any help.
    Try changing the encryption on your modem from WEP to WPA, did the job for me.

Advertisement